Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Can this thread be put on sticky please so I can ignore it instead of getting exited about yet another irrelevant post which has kept this thread near the top

Thanks

• Like 1

Last 12 months of his deal, squeaky bum time. The sooner we get him tied down to a longer term deal the better.

I just hope we don't sell him on the cheap now, for the price we get I cannot see how we would replace him. In an ideal world we get promoted and that convinces him we match his own long term ambitions. The flip side is we lose him for nothing this time next year.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, AshVilla said:

manchester-united-kingdom-arsenals-thier

It does look like he is touching Henry to make sure he is real, and thinking "this is what an actual footballer looks like"

sorry for bumping the thread :mrgreen: 

Can’t we negotiate an early pay off to terminate his contract so we can get rid and he can try and forge some sort of career for himself elsewhere? Only a year left on contract, maybe entice him with an early lump sum to sod off...

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Who is more likely ever to play first team professional football  again- Richards or Gabby? Or neither?

I suspect that some VT poster will do so before either of those two.  

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Who is more likely ever to play first team professional football  again- Richards or Gabby? Or neither?

Gabby. I wouldnt be shocked to see him rock up at a league 1 side this season. He maybe a terrible footballer these days but he is a footballer and wants to play. I think Richards gave up on that ambition a while back.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t we negotiate an early pay off to terminate his contract so we can get rid and he can try and forge some sort of career for himself elsewhere? Only a year left on contract, maybe entice him with an early lump sum to sod off...

Could happen in January, think we terminated Beye's contract a few months early.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he is finally offski...  

STEVE BRUCE IS SET TO RELEASE TOP EARNER AT ASTON VILLA

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce is looking to release defender Micah Richards from the club in the coming days.

According to The Mirror (print edition, August 12th, page 65), Steve Bruce’s side are set to part ways with the 30-year-old, almost two years since he last made a first team appearance for the club.

Richards, who signed for Aston Villa back in 2015, has made 31 appearances for the club in his three year spell at Villa Park, scoring on two occasions, and is under contract for one more season.

Bruce is looking to get Richards, who is one of the side’s top earners, off the wage bill before the conclusion of his contract, to free up money to bolster his side going into this season.

The former England international last made an appearance for the Claret and Blue Army in October 2016, in a 1-1 draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers, and is believed to have been paid around £3.3m since that game.

The Verdict

Having not taken to the field in almost two years, the only surprising thing about this story is that it didn’t happen sooner.

Having earnt such a huge income and only featured 31 times for the club just shows how Aston Villa have found themselves in the financial troubles they have of late.

Whilst Micah Richards was a solid defensive option when playing, the lack of game time in recent years signalled the end of his career at Villa Park a long time ago.

Cheerio  :wave:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Looks like he is finally offski...  

Cheerio  :wave:

I will believe it when I see it. It was all sounding good, until I read that they thought Micah Richards was a solid defensive option when playing. That threw doubt on the whole article in my eyes. ?

16 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I will believe it when I see it. It was all sounding good, until I read that they thought Micah Richards was a solid defensive option when playing. That threw doubt on the whole article in my eyes. ?

I think they must have meant during his Man City days as he's done sod all since being with us.

Great news if he does leave, shows we can just 'release players' if we really need to.

• Like 1

Â