Micah Richards

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Reading the start of the thread and a lot of us were happy with this signing.  **** me was I wrong.  Interesting that he had a choice between us and Sunderland, the two worst run clubs in recent times.  

Yes I was delighted, he felt like a little part of the jigsaw, we had conceded early goals that season and we felt if we'd could just sort the defence we would be on the up again. 

How very very wrong. 

It shows how important it is when scouting a player to take into account their personality and attitude as much as ability.  We seem to keep falling for this time and time again. 

Surely we have enough contacts in the game to hear stories about what players are like. 

In my industry I hear all sorts of things about people who I have never worked with, people have reputations which are known.  And my industry is a lot more professional and secretive than football. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It shows how important it is when scouting a player to take into account their personality and attitude as much as ability.  We seem to keep falling for this time and time again.

Tbh we messed up on the ability bit too!

• Like 1

On 11/06/2015 at 23:16, villa4europe said:

When was he top quality? As a yoof at city? He was hyped to death, his flaws were there for everyone to see, he's let himself rot on city's bench happily taking home a huge pay cheque, he's also got a shocking injury record

I'm hopeful he sees this as last chance saloon and makes a good go at it, and that tim sees him as a RB rather than a CB

More than a few people seem to be remembering what he was as a prospect rather than what he now is as a finished article

some of us saw it coming ;) 

safe to say my opinion on him hasnt changed

• Like 1

On 12/06/2015 at 17:27, sne said:

I asked around on a Fiorentina forum about their impressions of him and the response was that not very good at anything other than being athletic and that he's also tactically weak.

He also had a habit of running up and joining in attacks, but then just walking back when they lost the ball leaving them a man short in defense.

They also thought that he'd be more suited to the PL than Serie A, something i agree on.

If only we'd listened to the Viola fans...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I know, it’s criminal. Although I still maintain that I wanted him here and I was really pleased when we signed him... I thought he would bang 20+ goals in for us.

He played that many league games :(

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

some of us saw it coming ;) 

safe to say my opinion on him hasnt changed

yep. was very critical at start of thread. Saw him about 3 months before he signed and he looked like he just out for a jog and his team got beaten

As has been said big time charlie who got by as a teenager on sheer athletic ability and andrelin - after that there wasn't much.  I thought he would be shit - but even I didn't thibk he would be this shit. The guy is a joke of footballer - and no I have no sympathy whatsoever. His  only slight redemption was that he took what Aston Villa, tim sherwood and tom fox were stupid enough to offer 

Edited by hippo

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I know, it’s criminal. Although I still maintain that I wanted him here and I was really pleased when we signed him... I thought he would bang 20+ goals in for us.

Some things are best kept as secret.......i won't tell anyone.?

Â