PauloBarnesi

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Frankly, I think they'll keep being around the European places for as long as they can keep Rice, and then fall away afterwards. I confess I don't see what some of you are not seeing in him, I think he's fantastic and there's a very good reason why top teams want to spend very very large amounts of money on him.

Depends how much they get for him and what they do with the money. People would have said similar about us (falling away from where we were) after selling Jack. 

They've been very reliant upon Bowen recently and will struggle if he's out for any decent amount of time. 

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Frankly, I think they'll keep being around the European places for as long as they can keep Rice, and then fall away afterwards. I confess I don't see what some of you are not seeing in him, I think he's fantastic and there's a very good reason why top teams want to spend very very large amounts of money on him.

Which top teams? 

I've seen the gutter press loosely link him to utd and sometimes Chelsea, not seen a single non PL team linked to him 

The Chelsea link can obviously go in the bin whereas utd yep he walks in to their team but that's not saying that much given the state of their midfield and even then I don't think he's the answer he's just another utd big signing that shows how competitive they are rather than a plan on how to use him to add to the collection 

Edited by villa4europe

As for West Ham I am shocked nobody has mentioned the use of the elbow. Was at least 3 times yesterday a West Ham player led with an elbow and got away with it. Wouldnt be surprised if Moyes brought his old buddy Fellaini back to blend in with this team

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which top teams? 

I've seen the gutter press loosely link him to utd and sometimes Chelsea, not seen a single non PL team linked to him 

The Chelsea link can obviously go in the bin whereas utd yep he walks in to their team but that's not saying that much given the state of their midfield and even then I don't think he's the answer he's just another utd big signing that shows how competitive they are rather than a plan on how to use him to add to the collection 

I mean, the ones you named :)

Fair point re Chelsea, yes, but I think he would massively improve United. I just think you really under-rate him.

Rice is excellent, as much as I'm inclined to not like him. The same goes for West Ham too. I don't know how or why they're so good and it's kind of infuriating how we can never lay a glove on them. We give them 6 points every season.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Rice is excellent, as much as I'm inclined to not like him. The same goes for West Ham too. I don't know how or why they're so good and it's kind of infuriating how we can never lay a glove on them. We give them 6 points every season.

Same I've said it before but they look like 3 good players playing with 8 average ones in the form of their life. They've been very lucky with injuries too relatively speaking. And to be honest up until Xmas soucek had Rice in his shade

I think you have to give a lot of praise to Moyes. He’s very good at finding at system that allows players to flourish. I watched yesterdays game with a big Hammers fan. I didn’t they were very good at all and he said they’ve been playing on fumes for a while. Basically play same 11 every game in PL and Europe. They weren’t good but neither were we for similar reasons I think, Leeds game caught up with us. Could very easily have been 0-0 but they probably just about deserved to win. 

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Zouma brothers to be prosecuted by the RSPCA.  👏 

It's great that they're getting bad publicity that turd won't bat an eyelid at the fine he'll have to pay. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Zouma brothers to be prosecuted by the RSPCA.  👏 

Just saw this, his brother Yoan has been warned by his club Dagenham, but West Hams statement was "he will have there full backing". Shocking really.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jim said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/13/west-ham-fear-kurt-zouma-could-be-out-for-rest-of-season-ankle-injury-lyon-europa-league

Looks like Zouma may be out for the season. Catastrophic if true.

West Ham are sending him for a cat scan to be sure.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Shows what a manager who can utilise players appropriately can do.

Also shows things don’t happen overnight. They were struggling down the bottom when Moyes first took over.

They've actually been poor in the league for a while now, or at least relative to all the talk of them being top four challengers, since Gerrard was appointed as our manager they've only taken two more points than us and that's with having played one more game.

Really I think they need to win something, this Europa thing might be their best chance, otherwise they will probably end up being just another team that had a couple of seasons in and around the top seven before fading.

31 minutes ago, jim said:

Also shows things don’t happen overnight. They were struggling down the bottom when Moyes first took over.

They were protesting against their owners every week and had a group of players who didn't give a ****

They owe a lot to corona and playing without their toxic fans 

• Like 1

Â