PauloBarnesi

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Football ain't straightforward, and there are NO easy games in the PL unless you are Man City.

Good teams will lose to lesser teams and vice versa over the course of a season.

Some teams will also lose form and look absolute tripe at times too.

In my favour, i've always bene consistent with this view, regardless of Manager.

Unfortunately, with Managers, players, and life in general, our views are heavily skewed by how much we like or dislike someone.

This bit should be a sticky at the top of the forum. We are all so short sighted, and the blame often gets weighted by personal dislike if a player or manager.

I think West Ham will finish between 6th and 9th, which shouldn't come as a shock to their fans if it is 9th in a competitive mid table. City is a free hit, and they were worth a draw vs forest. Bad day at the office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Need a CB badly.

Just let a bloke who cost 30m who they didn't need , didn't suit the PL when he was at Everton and didn't fit their system out on loan..

All their CBs are injured. Spent 30m on a french guy who pulled out in pre season, Craig Dawson been an amazing signing but he's missed start of season and Ogbonna been out since November but back next month.

I'd hold fire until we play them in two weeks as they're usually a nightmare match up for us and will cause issues for us again. Lost their first two games in 20/21 and finished 6th.

6 hours ago, sne said:

33 points from their last 29 games in PL.

Hold on, is that actually the numbers?  

How does that compare to Villa’s last 29 games?

Gerrard been at Villa 30 games? What’s the 30 game comparison?

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Hold on, is that actually the numbers?  

How does that compare to Villa’s last 29 games?

Gerrard been at Villa 30 games? What’s the 30 game comparison?

We're above them since Gerrard took over, we're be 9th on 38 points, West Ham would be 14th, below Palace and Brentford

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not great news, if Sullivan doesnt want to carry on some billionaire will be all over them as 1. LONDON and 2. Crooked stadium deal

Czech guy owns a lot of the club now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not great news, if Sullivan doesnt want to carry on some billionaire will be all over them as 1. LONDON and 2. Crooked stadium deal

Haven't they got some Czech billionaire already involved?

Sure I read ages back there's some break clause in the Olympic stadium and was likely Sullivan would sell up around that time so that will probably be accelerated now with Gold's passing.

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow completely avoiding the sort of doom-mongering going around Everton, Southampton and Bournemouth yet are probably the biggest failure of the season so far.

Big investment in the summer, to be sat in the relegation zone and only off the bottom by GD.  Amazed Moyes apparently isn't under more pressure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Somehow completely avoiding the sort of doom-mongering going around Everton, Southampton and Bournemouth yet are probably the biggest failure of the season so far.

Big investment in the summer, to be sat in the relegation zone and only off the bottom by GD.  Amazed Moyes apparently isn't under more pressure.

Small sample size admittedly, but had a little look at one of their forums, see how they are faring (shamelessly nosy curtain twitcher that I am). 

The difference between their collective state of mind and Everton supporters, it’s night and day. They’re not exactly happy with Moyes, which is unsurprising. But the threat of relegation seems to be being met with a far more nonchalant response. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think the chairman dying a few weeks back has probably distracted the club a little bit and maybe they are focusing on other departments

Â