PauloBarnesi

It’s zero sum. The League did more to stop the ESL than it’s done to tackle racism at a structural level. That’s evil. A scourge on the game. 

Plenty of people have called for racists to be sacked from clubs. The debate is a distraction from the issue. You can be equally outraged and should be by both. 

West Ham are deflecting in any way they can. Every step is a PR disaster. 

• Like 1

Someone needs to tell people drawing false equivalence’s on Twitter that the fine is £250k because Zouma makes £125k pw. I’m sure he’s crying about losing a small part of his £6m yearly salary. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

He should be appropriately punished and then allowed to resume life as normal (except maybe… to never own a pet). The same goes for racist offences. The issue is whether either of those punishments have been appropriate. I don’t know.

• Like 1

He can serve up to 5 years if charged but thats for extreme cases and I doubt whether he will serve any time.  A suitable punnishment would be given some hands on education of how to treat a pet. Maybe work voluntarily for RSPA or animal rescue. A fine does nothing. 

You were always going to get people a bit bemused by all the furore and saying things like "it's just a cat, its not like he killed anyone" etc. It's not really about the fact that its a cat, it's that he (and his brother) clearly derived pleasure from inflicting unnecessary pain on another living thing (in front of a child no less). That's psychopathic, and shows them both to be two seriously damaged human beings.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, will87 said:

You were always going to get people a bit bemused by all the furore and saying things like "it's just a cat, its not like he killed anyone" etc. It's not really about the fact that its a cat, it's that he (and his brother) clearly derived pleasure from inflicting unnecessary pain on another living thing (in front of a child no less). That's psychopathic, and shows them both to be two seriously damaged human beings.

Also the fact they recorded it shows how braindead they are. They must have genuinely thought they weren't doing anything wrong. 

Well if there is a Racist undertone you can always thank SSN for finding it under a random stone. They shouldn't have even reported or shown what Antonio said, it was a stupid comment and makes out he is a typical arrogant footballer and West Ham as a club don't give 2 ****s

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well if there is a Racist undertone you can always thank SSN for finding it under a random stone. They shouldn't have even reported or shown what Antonio said, it was a stupid comment and makes out he is a typical arrogant footballer and West Ham as a club don't give 2 ****s

Twitter-esque whataboutery, can’t say I’m surprised. 

6 hours ago, a m ole said:

He should be appropriately punished and then allowed to resume life as normal (except maybe… to never own a pet). The same goes for racist offences. The issue is whether either of those punishments have been appropriate. I don’t know.

It's whataboutery, especially coming from West Ham, but it is an interesting point...just maybe for a different time. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2022 at 09:24, picicata said:

Zouma is obviously an unpleasant person but I wonder how many of those people booing at the match last night happily went and had a shitty burger/ pie at half time? They can't truly believe that the animals that went into their food was treated any better than Zouma's cat

So true. It is essentially EXACTLY the same thing. 

Â