PauloBarnesi

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Are these good signings for West Ham to consolidate 7th, or do Villa now have a stronger team to overtake them this season?

Gianluca Scamacca Italy (Striker) from Sassuolo £36 million 

Nayef Aguerd Morocco (Defender) from Rennes £28 million 
Alphonse Areola France (Goal Keeper) from PSG £8 million 
Flynn Downes England (Midfielder) from Swansea City £9 million 

Patrick Kelly Ireland (Midfielder) from Coleraine £ unknown 

SPAMs main edge over us (for me at least), was their midfield (Rice/Soucek).

Even though we have signed Kamara, i still think its still the main difference.

SPAM have two players in Rice & Soucek who are decent on the ball, but powerful & aggressive (add tall to that also), which covers off so many weaknesses and strengths of other teams, while still being capable overall.

Where i think Villa, although competent in terms of vision/passing/driving forward, still lack core physicality, power etc, in the midfield area.

Wonder which West Ham we get this season. Last season they started very well but for the last 2/3 their form fell off a cliff.

As "since Gerrard took over"  or the final 27 games is the metric we seem to be using they finished 14th in the form table. Granted on 2 points behind us in 9th but still.

They only won 9 out of their final 27 games and took 32 points. That's not that far away from relegation form.

No doubt them playing in Europe was a big part of why they collapsed but Soucek in particular looked very human and Moyes didn't handle the squad rotation well. Remains to see if they've learned their lesson.

They have strengthened well during the summer and are on the verge of signing Cornet for 17.5 mil which i think is decent value. Scamacca signing aswell who on paper seemed to fit the bill for them, however they have always been one of those teams who seem to burn through strikers, even when they sign decent strikers on paper it never seems to last that long, years ago they had zarate and diafra sakho, demba ba etc but strikers who seem to do well at other clubs go there and then move on soon, so you never know with them. Most recently they had Haller who was decent before and after he left them, will be interesting to see them this year.

They have always made some good signings in midfield and think they have strengthened there in the window also. Soucek had a bit of a quite second half of the season however him and Rice are a quality pairing

16 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

They have strengthened well during the summer and are on the verge of signing Cornet for 17.5 mil which i think is decent value. Scamacca signing aswell who on paper seemed to fit the bill for them, however they have always been one of those teams who seem to burn through strikers, even when they sign decent strikers on paper it never seems to last that long, years ago they had zarate and diafra sakho, demba ba etc but strikers who seem to do well at other clubs go there and then move on soon, so you never know with them. Most recently they had Haller who was decent before and after he left them, will be interesting to see them this year.

They have always made some good signings in midfield and think they have strengthened there in the window also. Soucek had a bit of a quite second half of the season however him and Rice are a quality pairing

Football 365 did an article rating all the strikers signed under this ownership in about 2020. Think they had signed 50 in ten years

• Shocked 1

Stops the "banter" 

I can see more grounds doing it, unfortunately when they did all these new soulless bowl stadiums the village idiots wanted to sit near the away fans rather than behind their goal, they don't have a famous home fan stand anymore 

This is the result

Not sure how city fans can say much about it because their ground is the worst for it IMO, they watch the away fans for 90 mins not the game 

45 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah - I'm sure there are reasons for the change but does seem a bit sad really.

I guess some of the chants will just have to be adapted like

"We can see you sneaking out."

Change to :

"We can hear you sneaking out."😀

"where are ya, where are ya?"

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if Hammers Talk is anywhere near as bad as Villatalk would be right now?

Probably not since they did reach the semi final of the Europa League and Moyes have built up some good will due to good results during his time there.

Can't imagine they are happy atm thou.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably not since they did reach the semi final of the Europa League and Moyes have built up some good will due to good results during his time there.

Can't imagine they are happy atm thou.

Yeah but i'm not talking about the good will.

Does good will dictate how good or shit the opposition or a performance is?

Last week I was reading that we genuinely would not pick up ANY points for at least 5 games. lol

If I go by some of the logic here, there is no realm where West Ham should be getting beaten by a newly promoted side.

My point is more geared towards the short sightedness of gauging individual Football matches as premonition of a big picture.

He lost to Bournemouth and Wolves in some of his first games back Managing them, and surely you'll concede that he's a much more seasoned and infinitely " better " Manager than SG, and there expectations should be higher than here based on how well they've bene doing.

Same goes for Ten Haag for example.

Anyway i'm done being petty, but I have the urge to be every time I see an " unexpected " result.

Football ain't straightforward, and there are NO easy games in the PL unless you are Man City.

Good teams will lose to lesser teams and vice versa over the course of a season.

Some teams will also lose form and look absolute tripe at times too.

In my favour, i've always bene consistent with this view, regardless of Manager.

Unfortunately, with Managers, players, and life in general, our views are heavily skewed by how much we like or dislike someone.

• Like 1

Â