Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It's one of those classic VT problems - there is a quote from the manager and people will either take it at face value, or they will say "smokescreen". In fact, it does make you wonder what the point of information/ the club talking is - they don't say something, we speculate, they do say something, we speculate what they REALLY mean...

Anyway, the point of that mini rant was that Skysports have a little video of Sherwood's press conference today saying he desn't think there will be any more players in, and it'd be a surprise to him and we'd need to get rid of players first!

So are you:

1) Going to take that on face value
or
2) Say it's all a smokescreen to cover the fact we have £30m still left to spend ;)

It's one of those classic VT problems - there is a quote from the manager and people will either take it at face value, or they will say "smokescreen". In fact, it does make you wonder what the point of information/ the club talking is - they don't say something, we speculate, they do say something, we speculate what they REALLY mean...

Anyway, the point of that mini rant was that Skysports have a little video of Sherwood's press conference today saying he desn't think there will be any more players in, and it'd be a surprise to him and we'd need to get rid of players first!

So are you:

or

2) Say it's all a smokescreen to cover the fact we have £30m still left to spend ;)

His get out of jail free card is the fact that hes said we would need to get rid of players first. If a couple leave then it negates his comment about not thinking more will come in (and also makes other clubs aware we dont have a bottomless pit of money)

• Like 1

I can't see United loaning us Hernandez. The last player they loaned to us with a view towards a £7m transfer didn't work out to well for them.

Are you talking about Cleverley? There's no way that was a 'buy for £7 million pounds in January' type deal. 

You have him for the season, he's available on a free in the summer, but if you fancy giving us an extra £7 million in January, which would accrue you absolutely no benefit, then we're happy to take it. 

I can't see United loaning us Hernandez. The last player they loaned to us with a view towards a £7m transfer didn't work out to well for them.

Are you talking about Cleverley? There's no way that was a 'buy for £7 million pounds in January' type deal. 

You have him for the season, he's available on a free in the summer, but if you fancy giving us an extra £7 million in January, which would accrue you absolutely no benefit, then we're happy to take it. 

Well by paying £7m you would not risk losing him to Everton in the summer...

Not that I am complaining

So are you:

or

Didn't he say there'd be no-one coming in, especially not forrins, about 20 mins before Adama turned up?

:ph34r:

Spurs bought that Heung-Min Son surely that means Berahino to Villa right???!!.....

need to free up the cash by getting rid of nzogbia first

So you're suggesting Berahino is not out of the question?

I wouldn't read too much into those quotes from Tim unless you've seen the press conference in full. He's very ambiguous, as ever. I prefer it that way myself, can't wait for the window to be closed now either way so we can concentrate solely on the football, but if we can get 1 or 2 more in and a few out in the meanwhile great. 

• Like 1

Well by paying £7m you would not risk losing him to Everton in the summer...

Not true. Cleverley would never have agreed to move in January to us, when he knows he could move to Everton in the summer and get his transfer fee as a signing on fee. 

We still don't have a #10. I hope we don't end this transfer window without a player wearing that shirt. 

Apparently, West Brom have agreed a fee with Manchester United for Johnny Evans, which may now open the door for Lescott to join.

How about we get Evans and they keep Lescott?