Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Lescott and Adebayor would be ok. Hopefully we go back in for Praet too as a midfield of Gueye, Veretout and Praet behind Grealish, Sinclair and Adebayor would be excellent.

Think Praet's off to Wolfsburg
Makes sense I guess as De Bruyne is off. The links to Praet, Ljajic and Vazquez are hopefully a sign we are still looking for one more midfielder though. Edited by jacketspuds

I'd be happy if by the close of the window we have signed Lescott and Adebayour (loan)

I don't think we need another CM, we have 5 players who could eventually (injuries permitting) be playing for two places behind a four man attack.

What we do need is someone to shore up the defence and stop the silly goals going in and a striker to convert the chances we are now creating.

Think we'll sign Adebayor, Lescott and possibly one more playmaker on loan.

I hope so. I do think, like you, that we need a bit of extra class in midfield 

According to The Sun, Aston Villa and Tottenham are both casting admiring glances towards Swansea City striker Bafetimbi Gomis.

Gomis, 30, joined the Swans from Lyon last summer, penning a free transfer move to the Liberty Stadium - but he largely played second fiddle to Wilfried Bony before the Ivorian's move to Manchester City in January.

Now clearly the main man under Garry Monk, the Frenchman has started the season in sensational fashion, hitting a goal in each of his three games so far.

Much like Bony though, his goalscoring exploits now appear to be attracting interest from Premier Leaguerivals, namely Aston Villa and Tottenham.

The Sun report that both clubs are looking at moves for Gomis, who has a release clause of just £7m according to the report - a fee that may be deemed as a bargain by many considering his start to the season.

A powerful striker with great strength and aerial ability, Gomis could be seen as an ideal target man for either Villa or Spurs, who many still be in the market for strikers.

An exit before the transfer deadline on Tuesday would be a huge shock, but if Gomis continues to score goals regularly, interest in his signature may increase by January.

Gomis may have to prove that he isn't just a flash in the pan before interest in him firms up, with Spurs in particular no doubt wary of spending on a player who may just be having a purple patch right now.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/30/report-aston-villa-tottenham-pursue-in-form-bafetimbi-gomis-barg/

Think this might be an Alan Nixon article, but not sure.

Think we'll sign Adebayor, Lescott and possibly one more playmaker on loan.

3 by COB Tuesday? Seems like a lot to me. Think 1 and that will be all. (Lescott)

Edited by Tayls

Three might be pushing it, but we need a decent striker at all costs. It might be the difference between being comfortable in mid-table or being in a relegation scrap yet again. Hopefully we can sell a few and make a move for Berahino.

I can see us being linked with at least 10 different attacking players (ST's or AM's) over the next couple of days just because our No 10 shirt has not been allocated. Going to be lazy journalism at its best so I wont be getting my hopes up about anything unless I see pictures of Tim asleep or father ted arriving at BMH