Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

With Adebayor looking likely to join West Ham and Tim talking up Senderos and Sanchez at centre back does that mean our business is done?

I think that Adebayor was the striker we wanted and with Tim talking up Senderos does that mean he has stopped his pursuit of Lescott? Have a feeling our business is completed and I am pleased with the signings this summer but feel we still need a forward.

I'd be amazed if we didn't sign at least one more player, probably on deadline day. I think we're still in for a striker and if Adebayor goes to West Ham I'm sure the scouts must have a back up to consider

Hernandez would be an excellent choice for us, and he could be fed both by our midfield creatives and knock-downs by Gestede so I think he'd be fine. It'd be a deadline day deal if it happened though, because they'd surely need to sign another striker first. Anyway, is there any actual evidence we're interested?

• Like 1

With Adebayor looking likely to join West Ham and Tim talking up Senderos and Sanchez at centre back does that mean our business is done?

I think that Adebayor was the striker we wanted and with Tim talking up Senderos does that mean he has stopped his pursuit of Lescott? Have a feeling our business is completed and I am pleased with the signings this summer but feel we still need a forward.

I doubt it was either Adebayor or nobody! Just because he may be joining West Ham doesnt mean we wont have a player wearing the No 10 shirt anymore. We have also come close to shipping Kozak out if the reports are true.

The way I read Tim's comments about Sanchez and Senderos was that he was just explaining his defensive selections/injury problems for the cup tie. He's basically confirmed that given a couple of injuries in defence we are having to patch it up rather than bring in proper replacements (although he does have faith in the guys coming in).

I think we will sign Lescott and a striker (possibly on loan). I hope (but doubt) we also bring in a first choice keeper as I dont think Guzan is good enough and if he gets injured we are left with Bunn.

We should be looking at a position of around 8th - 10th in the prem with our squad (once we sign a CB & ST) and IMO Guzan would be the weakest link in the team.

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

I'd certainly take Hernandez on loan with a view to a permanent deal - including a clause that tells Everton to do one when they realise hey want to sign him. I don't understand why we haven't been linked with him this summer: are his wages Adebayor ludicrous or is he Gervinho helicopter-greedy?

Relatively proven at this level and, although he isn't the type of hold-up player we're used to, we always have Gestede or Kozak if games come where we need that badly enough.

Perhaps, as fans, we need to reassess how we play. Hernandez, Grealish, Adama etc etc. would be incredible.

I have to say that there's a certain amount of rejected bromance in that clip. van Gaal is propositioning Giggs with his gigantic eye movements. Giggs rejects the advances.

I try to use that puppy dog expression all the time. Sadly, that disinterested look is one I'm all too used to..!