Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I can't see United loaning us Hernandez. The last player they loaned to us with a view towards a £7m transfer didn't work out to well for them.

Are you talking about Cleverley? There's no way that was a 'buy for £7 million pounds in January' type deal. 

You have him for the season, he's available on a free in the summer, but if you fancy giving us an extra £7 million in January, which would accrue you absolutely no benefit, then we're happy to take it. 

Well by paying £7m you would not risk losing him to Everton in the summer...

Not true. Cleverley would never have agreed to move in January to us, when he knows he could move to Everton in the summer and get his transfer fee as a signing on fee. 

Not even if he REALLY REALLY wanted us to loan Januzaj?

• Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into those quotes from Tim unless you've seen the press conference in full. He's very ambiguous, as ever. I prefer it that way myself, can't wait for the window to be closed now either way so we can concentrate solely on the football, but if we can get 1 or 2 more in and a few out in the meanwhile great.

Agreed.

Lescotts coming to us according yo skysports

Guess be decent cover for when okore comes back.

They play on different sides of defence. 

Richards/Okore - Lescott/Clark

Edit - Lescott is also a better player than Clark, who I like, so another improvement IMO. They will all see game time I'm sure.  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

If that chart is accurate then add 2 mill for lescott and we have an embolo shaped remaining budget if it will indeed be a 20 mill net spend, as it should be min, period. You do the math. So psyched. Awesome.

We still don't have a #10. I hope we don't end this transfer window without a player wearing that shirt. 

Apparently, West Brom have agreed a fee with Manchester United for Johnny Evans, which may now open the door for Lescott to join.

How about we get Evans and they keep Lescott? 

Grealish is our number 10. Falling that Gil should get a run out in that position at some point this season.

Happy enough with Lescott, an experienced head to calm down the naivety in our backline.

Still need another striker, just don't trust our existing options to score enough.

We still don't have a #10. I hope we don't end this transfer window without a player wearing that shirt. 

Apparently, West Brom have agreed a fee with Manchester United for Johnny Evans, which may now open the door for Lescott to join.

Grealish is our number 10. Falling that Gil should get a run out in that position at some point this season.

Happy enough with Lescott, an experienced head to calm down the naivety in our backline.

Still need another striker, just don't trust our existing options to score enough.

He means someone wearing the number 10 shirt. It took me a couple of minutes to work that out!

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

He means someone wearing the number 10 shirt. It took me a couple of minutes to work that out!

Literally the 2nd sentence states what I meant! 

• Like 1

Ah right, I thought Grealish might've been anointed that number this summer but some players don't like wearing certain number, Benteke always wanted 20 but has now changed to 9 at Liverpool for some reason. Ireland hated wearing 9 and wanted 7 as soon as his first season was over.

Now Lescott looks to be on the way, just a striker left to purchase this window. Someone like Embolo (I know that's not going to happen!), or Adebayor. Maybe Remy on loan? Definitely need something 

My top choice would be Remy on a loan. Realistic?? I doubt it... But I can dream. We have already purchased several young strikers to nurture and build.

Remy would be an excellent pacy addition who would obviously score goals for us. How much game time would he really get now at Chelski??