Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We scored 2 again, and it's not like we were fluffing chances in the box except for Micah's chance.

The space was just outside the box, and Gana, Westwood and Bacuna couldn't hit the target. I'd say we are more in need of a goal scoring mid (or Veretout to sort his shit out).

We scored 2 again, and it's not like we were fluffing chances in the box except for Micah's chance.

The space was just outside the box, and Gana, Westwood and Bacuna couldn't hit the target. I'd say we are more in need of a goal scoring mid (or Veretout to sort his shit out).

No we need a striker who can score. 

• Like 1

After today's game I'm really hoping we get Lescott and Adebayor done.

Defensively I don't think any individuals have been disastrous, although mistakes have been made and punished! But we're not quite a unit yet and Lescott's experience could make all the difference there.

Upfront, we created so many chances we're just begging for a proven goal scorer to put them away. I think Adebayor would thrive (although clearly if he signs I'll actually have to learn to spell his name.) 

• Like 1

Scoring two today is great if you have 3 or 4 chances. With the chances we created today we should have been out of sight. 

• Like 1

today is prove we still need in for 3 areas.

1) striker that replace benteke. Rudy is too static and easy closed down, and Ayew is not ready yet, and Kozak (should start him indeed Rudy, if he (Rudy) still not confience and less mobility)

rudy can great player if he kept move around bit more and practise volley shot, and accuracy finisher.

2) sign right back, simpler to Amavi but right foot .... Trippier will be great choice i am gut he join spurs as we were in for him (i think)..  should we try cheeky bid or loan K.walker again if he not regular RB as Trippier join them....

3) centre half first choice partner with Richards - Lescott if he is cheap. (Lescott + Richards and Okore + Clark as back up) it is great options. i still dont know why Baker sign 5 years indeed Okore.

I love how it says you've 'edited' this post.

• Like 4

We need both as I don't think Gil or Grealish will get many this season either.

Yes. I'm saying really break it down- what type of chances couldn't we finish? The space to shoot was in behind. A striker wouldn't be filling those positions - meaning it's not a striker we need.

As a side note, Rudy's hold up play is superb.

but Swansea only scored once against them so signs they are improving ;)

I dont think a striker is that big of an issue but I would like us to sign a player that can take a set-piece as we would be a lot more dangerous with Richards, Gestede and Lescott from corners plus we will win a lot of free kicks around the edge of box with and Jack and Gil

I said at the start of the window that i thought we would sign Adebayor on deadline day, he just seems the type that will weigh up all his options rather than being passionate about a particular move. I do think he would be perfect for us if we have Grealish, Gil & Adama behind him.

Didn't Trent just imply he has a medical at west ham on Sunday?

Maybe he simply gets off on having a medical. Finger up the arse and that.

Who doesn't?

I said at the start of the window that i thought we would sign Adebayor on deadline day, he just seems the type that will weigh up all his options rather than being passionate about a particular move. I do think he would be perfect for us if we have Grealish, Gil & Adama behind him.

Who doesn't?

My wife, despite my best effort.
  • Like 3

Who doesn't?

My wife, despite my best effort.

She does!