Defence

sexbelowsound

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As poor as our defence has been I think they are really struggling with a keeper that is so scared to leave his line. When balls are floated in so close to him he has to be at least punching it away. 

We need a new keeper so bad.

You could have David de Gea in goal and that lot would still be shite

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As poor as our defence has been I think they are really struggling with a keeper that is so scared to leave his line. When balls are floated in so close to him he has to be at least punching it away. 

We need a new keeper so bad.

You could also argue opposite that with a half decent defence maybe he would be more confident 

Complete shit show 

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If you look at the tackles, blocks and clearances stats on their own you would think that we control every game from start to finish but coupled with the top two that is horrrendous. 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Tuanzebe and Chester, our only centre back pairing?

if fit that is probably the best we have, the biggest issue is (as well covered already) we have three terrible keepers, maybe Moreira deserves another chance or even the U23s keeper

It's interesting that smith has admitted bruce has left us unbalanced in defence. Can't agree more.

This is the reason for me we are where we are. Elphick wasnt great but he is far better than jedinak at cb.

Madness stupid and idiotic to have let him go without a replacement. Bruce is sonny but himself to blame for being sacked.

I think Smith may choose to go with Taylor at LB. 

Now i don't particularly rate the kid, the fact Alan Hutton is ahead of him is damming enough, but i do think our lack of balance on the left is a issue. 

Hutton, Kodjia, and Grealish (when he wonders over to the left) are always looking to cut back onto their right sides so play on that side of the field is always terribly slow. 

With Smith favouring a faster pace i think Taylor might get the nod purely because he is left footed. It's a shame young Clark is out on loan, he may very well have got a bit of game time (if my assumption is correct). 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think Smith may choose to go with Taylor at LB. 

Now i don't particularly rate the kid, the fact Alan Hutton is ahead of him is damming enough, but i do think our lack of balance on the left is a issue. 

Hutton, Kodjia, and Grealish (when he wonders over to the left) are always looking to cut back onto their right sides so play on that side of the field is always terribly slow. 

With Smith favouring a faster pace i think Taylor might get the nod purely because he is left footed. It's a shame young Clark is out on loan, he may very well have got a bit of game time (if my assumption is correct). 

Taylor seemed scared to death of going past the half way line when he's played for us.

Now this might have been down to instructions, but if he plays it has to change.

Â