Defence

sexbelowsound

Loving the Mingels partnership so far and they both stay fit for the majority of the season with Heaton in goal, we'll avoid relegation in my view.  

Konsa and Hause will also be very important back up options as the season progresses. 

Full back options are very good now and I expect we'll see Guilbert and Targett as first choice as the season goes on. 

The only negative and disappointment for me is that I fear Chester is finished at this level now, which is a shame as I like the guy.  He's been a really good servant for us and may still get regular games in the Championship, but not in this league for me.  I fear his knee just won't stand up to the riggers and pace of this league.  

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Remember the times when we had to play Hutton as a centre back?

It's a miracle we are in the position we are. Still cannot believe it.

I know, wasnt that the start of this year? Such a quick transformation. 

It seems like we have signed another "Iffy" defender.

Iffy Udanoh a 6'4 Nigerian defender 16 years old ..has signed for us in the face of competition from many leading premier league clubs.

born in Maryland,USA

sounds like a well fancied prospect.

21 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Remember the times when we had to play Hutton as a centre back?

It's a miracle we are in the position we are. Still cannot believe it.

Still better option than Richards

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It seems like we have signed another "Iffy" defender.

Iffy Udanoh a 6'4 Nigerian defender 16 years old ..has signed for us in the face of competition from many leading premier league clubs.

born in Maryland,USA

sounds like a well fancied prospect.

Ooh, sounds exciting. Always like to hear that we’re signing talented young stars. 

Apparently he’s the next Van Dijk! No pressure then lad.

LINK - found a link to it

Aston Villa have beaten Liverpool to the signing of 'next Virgil van Dijk'- reports

Aston Villa transfer news: Reports from his homeland have confirmed that Villa have signed he youngster after a successful trial, beating a number of top flight clubs.

If he's the really the next Van Dijk and other top flight clubs wanted him including Liverpool, then doesn't sound very 'iffy' to me, although that's his first name.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Hm, that signing sound a bit iffy

that tested all your creative juices, didn't it?

you're as bad as  me.

Edited by TRO

Wonder when this will be confirmed if true?, pity there aren't any vids of him, would be interested to see why he is so highly rated .

Who was that other youth defender we had who was highly rated?, who we released.

On 25/08/2019 at 17:47, Tomaszk said:

Yes. And we'd have got a draw or a win.

And we'd have lost last night if Elmo had started ahead of Fred.

Can you let me know what the results will be in the cup this week, I fancy winning on an accumulator.

• Haha 1

There was a moment, I think when Engels got kicked in the head, where I thought “ok that’s a shame as he is bossing it but I’m confident in our options on the bench, it won’t affect us.” Haven’t had that feeling with our defence in years so taking it as a good sign.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Can you let me know what the results will be in the cup this week, I fancy winning on an accumulator.

I can tell you going forward in the PL if you like? We won't be winning matches with both Elmo and Taylor starting. Win/draw bet on the other side safe money.

On 25/08/2019 at 17:47, Tomaszk said:

Yes. And we'd have got a draw or a win.

And we'd have lost last night if Elmo had started ahead of Fred.

I love these “if..,then” arguments. People can just make anything up they like and, magically, it always supports their argument.

I’m going for, we would have won 5-0 against Everton if Elmo had started instead of Guilbert.

No way anyone can actually disprove that. 😀

Just now, briny_ear said:

I love these “if..,then” arguments. People can just make anything up they like and, magically, it always supports their argument.

I’m going for, we would have won 5-0 against Everton if Elmo had started instead of Guilbert.

No way anyone can actually disprove that. 😀

Well...ok.

If that's your informed opinion having watched the games this season that's cool.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I can tell you going forward in the PL if you like? We won't be winning matches with both Elmo and Taylor starting. Win/draw bet on the other side safe money.

Is it Targett's 9 wins in 36 starts that's got you so confident about him? I bet it is. It must be.

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Is it Targett's 9 wins in 36 starts that's got you so confident about him? I bet it is. It must be.

Thanks for looking that up.

All to do with Taylor and Elmo my friend. Both hinder us too much in their own way. Together it's too much.

I don't think this is an outrageous opinion.

Â