The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think some people might just want a different brand of football to what Moyes might offer. Maybe it's time to be brave and try something new.

like winning.

• Like 1

I don't think Westwood is the issue, though I would pair Gana and Sanchez if you have Gil and Grealish in front. Westwood can still work there - but you'd have to remove one of Gestede or Ayew, imo.

Back on topic - the fact Sherwood says "I'm not telling them that" but they are doing it anyway speaks volumes for his management and the trust the players have in him.

• Like 1

‘The last few weeks have been boring, I’ve felt bored watching it,’ he said. ‘People going square, sideways, I’m not telling them to do that. I’m telling them to express themselves.’ - Tim Sherwood

I normally get annoyed at his quotes, but I have to admit that is pretty funny. 

It actually infuriates me beyond measure, given the circumstances.

the fact Sherwood says "I'm not telling them that" but they are doing it anyway speaks volumes for his management and the trust the players have in him.

And if we ever win a game, you have to suspect it'll be because the players have started to listen to him for a change, rather than because they're better players than he's given them credit for.

- Which is why I'm guessing that the players can't stand him.

I'd like to be wrong, honestly, but that's how I think things are likely to be in the dressing room because of Tim's big ego and even bigger mouth. On the other hand for all we know they all love him to bits, but it seems unlikely to me.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3278337/Tim-Sherwood-admits-bored-watching-Aston-Villa-team.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tim Sherwood says he is bored by watching his Aston Villa side and has told them they must not be scared to lose.

Dear Tim,

I try. I really try to give you the benefit of the doubt. I go way, way, way out on a limb to put a positive spin on your management because I am concerned about the club running through managers like rolls of toilet paper. But then you go and say something like this, and make fools of all your supporters. Come on, dude! FAILING.

Sincerely,

Plastic Man 

• Like 2

‘The last few weeks have been boring, I’ve felt bored watching it,’ he said. ‘People going square, sideways, I’m not telling them to do that. I’m telling them to express themselves.’ - Tim Sherwood

Maybe it's Ray 'The Crab' Wilkins having a word with the players on the sly :rolleyes:

Well Tim, as a fan I feel anger, embarrassment and upset that the club I love is heading for the championship.

I'm truly glad your just bored, now p**s off back to London. 

its quite clear hes has to go. hes forever spitting his dummy out and its quite obvious he will never be a proper manager as long as he lives. ive never known anyone like him and his statements are baffling. yep huge mistake and id sack him this morning.

im sure once he is sacked, he will do the same as all the others... go running to the media and cry how he wasn't given enough funds, his hands were tied behind his back, he never had the dressing room because it was the previous managers regime, etc, blah blah blah.

• Like 1

So things we learn from that interview.

1. Once again he isn't responsible 

2. Once again it's the players fault because they aren't able or willing to play his brilliant football

3. Alongside responsibility we can add pragmatic to the list of words Sherwood doesn't understand

4. He isn't going to quit

I reckon he knows he's gone - the leaks, quotes etc. are all just him protecting himself as he's finished as a PL manager after this. He's only thinking of two things right now - his pay-off, and getting his media pals to paint him as the victim when he's sacked - hence Collymore's nonsense in the Mirror yesterday.

• Like 2

Â