The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

After the recent comments (actual evidence) talking about the players passing sideways and how he is bored by them I have turned.

The man can't see that it is his tactics that are stifling them, they can try to pass forward but if there's no one to pass to because of the way you've set them up, what are they supposed to do?

He had a grace period for me to fix it but evidently he can't admit his mistakes and needs to go. So frustrating.

• Like 1

Mon, houllier, McLeish and Sherwood have all been backed and had a fair crack at being manager here, the problem is that the people doing the hiring havnt got the right types of manager on board, I mean Houllier was finished, McLeish had just relegated the blues, Sherwood had less than 6 months experience. Lambert could of worked out but they gave him no proper backing and it eventually broke him being constantly fighting against the odds. Just for once I wish they would pay what it takes to get a decent manager with good pedigree and back him properly.!

No fan of McLeish at all, but I don't feel he was "backed"

He used the money he was given to give Shay a 5 year deal and then there is Nzogbia...

Enough said!

As they say hindsight is 20/20 vision - again I'm no fan of McLeish but a minus £20m net spend indicates that he wasn't "backed"

Hang on how much has Sherwood spent net? I am sure its less than that

Not sure if serious?

The question wasn't has "Sherwood been backed?" (answer yes £55m Gross, £10m Net). The question was "Was McLeish backed?" (answer no, minus £20m net spend)

Unfortunately Tim,  telling footballers to go and express themselves isn't enough in the modern game.  Tactics are needed,  and we play with none.  Please just go.  

I was at the game on Saturday and was quite surprised by the level of support he received from our fans.  If we lose against Swansea I think that will be the point where the fans turn and become vocal at a game.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately Tim,  telling footballers to go and express themselves isn't enough in the modern game.  Tactics are needed,  and we play with none.  Please just go.  

I was at the game on Saturday and was quite surprised by the level of support he received from our fans.  If we lose against Swansea I think that will be the point where the fans turn and become vocal at a game.  

Online on all forums / twitter he has little to no support so suprising those at game still support him 

I think the cup final for some have given him a bit more time ......looking at 1 win in 12 and that win against Bournemouth and I fail to see where the support is coming from

Look, Tim Sherwood is the manager of this football club, Tim Sherwood takes full responsibility for the results, but if the players can't use their initiative and figure out how to play as a team, what can Tim Sherwood do?

For a long time now, the player's mentality has been wrong. go 1-0 or 2 nil up and then capitulate and we go into our shells.  Then there is the non-existent performances.  We all see the boring and dire performances too..Something somewhere is going terribly wrong, players just not doing what they are instructed to do, tactics I agree have an instrumental part to play but the players really need to look at themselves.

We have had an almost overhaul of players from last year, but that mindset is still there.  Really do fear the worst for this year, hoping a new manager will inspire us and if he does then I really hope this time next year we are not searching for a new manager due to threat of relegation!!

Edited by supermon

I see his latest quotes about being bored watching us. How they're going square and that he's not telling them to do that. Quality stuff. Bad mouthing his squad to distance himself from performances. With Chelsea and Newcastle winning I'm very hopeful that I'll win my next manager sacked bet.

I have to say Sherwoods comments about him finding the team boring to watch are bemusing. It is almost as if he is speaking as a fan and someone looking in from the outside and he is detached from the situation.

He is the one person ultimately responsible for how we are playing and is the last person who should be complaining about how the team play.

With regard to how the team are playing either they are doing as the manager are saying and it  hasn't quite clicked yet in terms of getting results in which case time is fast running out and a decision will be made that his methods simply aren't working or the players aren't doing as he is telling them, and haven’t been for a number of games, in which case he needs to be sacked now.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

The other day when he was saying  something along the lines of Tim Sherwood will be okay and Aston Villa will be okay seemed strange to me, don't know why he didn't just refer to himself and the club as 'we'.

The other day when he was saying  something along the lines of Tim Sherwood will be okay and Aston Villa will be okay seemed strange to me, don't know why he didn't just refer to himself and the club as 'we'.

The English language does not currently have a pronoun that inspires sufficiently majestic thoughts to be used instead of the name Tim Sherwood.

• Like 3

Doesn't actually bother me, him referring to himself in the third person, but in that context I thought it was pretty strange that he talked about himself and the club as if they were two things apart. Hopefully they will be soon.

This is your semi regular reminder that the odds offered by bookmakers are in no way representative of the actual probability of an even occurring. 

Also managers markets are notoriously volatile and small so even £50 here and there would have an impact on the prices offered.  

• Like 2

Â