The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Literally reminds  me of our dreadful run last year. When Lambert was close to being sacked after the Spurs game.  

Expect we haven't had the good start like last season and it was against easier teams this year.

Sherwood needs to go. We can't afford to leave it as late this year due to such a poor start. 

Pulis made representations to the club over the summer*, keen to make a step up from the wee, blighted baggies. At the time the club was like, no tks, we're alright tks, but would seem a smart move to me, situation we're in right now.

* Allegedly or whatever I spose for legal reasons, but it ain't really, it's well sourced, trust.

was nice of him to tap up a club who had a manager, Not only is he a shit manager he is a word removed as well

• Like 1

Why are people so sure he's gonna get the sack? Surley if we win the Swansea game he is staying, no?

Fox seems to be looking for any opportunity to keep Sherwood so that he doesn't look a total plum for signing such an inexperienced manager. 

Is he? Based on what?

Based on the fact that he hasn't sacked him yet!  He is giving him every possible chance to succeed because otherwise it reflects badly on him. 

I'd be interested to know how many PL managers have survived a run of 4 points from the last 33 available

I think that's quite presumptuous. We all thought Sherwood had earned the right to have a crack at this season.

I'd hardly call 9 games into the season giving the manager every chance!

I was also looking at the end of last season where we fell apart against Southampton and we very very poor against Burnley (plus a no-show at the final)

Personally I think enough is enough - Call me "presumptuous" if you like but I'm less concerned about being "fair" to Sherwood and more concerned with giving the next manager a fighting chance of saving our premiership status

I'm interested to know though whereare you drawing the line? Swansea? Spurs?, MC?, Everton, Watford?  

• Like 2

Why are people so sure he's gonna get the sack? Surley if we win the Swansea game he is staying, no?

Fox seems to be looking for any opportunity to keep Sherwood so that he doesn't look a total plum for signing such an inexperienced manager. 

Is he? Based on what?

Based on the fact that he hasn't sacked him yet!  He is giving him every possible chance to succeed because otherwise it reflects badly on him. 

I'd be interested to know how many PL managers have survived a run of 4 points from the last 33 available

I think that's quite presumptuous. We all thought Sherwood had earned the right to have a crack at this season.

I was also looking at the end of last season where we fell apart against Southampton and we very very poor against Burnley (plus a no-show at the final)

Personally I think enough is enough - Call me "presumptuous" if you like but I'm less concerned about being "fair" to Sherwood and more concerned with giving the next manager a fighting chance of saving our premiership status

I'm interested to know though whereare you drawing the line? Swansea? Spurs?, MC?, Everton, Watford?  

Oh I drew the line a while back. I want Sherwood gone.

I was merely disagreeing that "Fox seems to be looking for any opportunity to keep Sherwood". For all we know he's lining up his replacement and isn't sacking Sherwood until he does that.

I don't think 9 games of the season is long enough to conclude that Fox doesn't think Sherwood should go and is trying his hardest to find a reason to keep him here.

Oh I drew the line a while back. I want Sherwood gone.

I was merely disagreeing that "Fox seems to be looking for any opportunity to keep Sherwood". For all we know he's lining up his replacement and isn't sacking Sherwood until he does that.

I don't think 9 games of the season is long enough to conclude that Fox doesn't think Sherwood should go and is trying his hardest to find a reason to keep him here.

Got you!  I've no proof of what is in Fox's mind, I'm just project my dislike of all concerned onto the situation- I guess that either way he loses - if he gives Sherwood too much time and the new manager can't turn it round in time, he looks indecisive and will probably need to go himself and if he sacks Sherwood too early he looks a dope for recruiting him in the first place

Personally I recall Fox, Reilly and Sherwood "high-fiving" it at the Leicester game and thinking "this is all going to end in tears very soon". I hated how "chummy" they all were.  I imagine that Fox is annoyed by Sherwoods inane comments in the press and media buddies but still feels that he needs to back his initial judgement

I can see this stumbling on until Christmans with us getting just enough points for Fox to convince himself that it might all turn out ok ( it won't) 

We are going down this year

Pulis made representations to the club over the summer*, keen to make a step up from the wee, blighted baggies. At the time the club was like, no tks, we're alright tks, but would seem a smart move to me, situation we're in right now.

* Allegedly or whatever I spose for legal reasons, but it ain't really, it's well sourced, trust.

was nice of him to tap up a club who had a manager, Not only is he a shit manager he is a word removed as well.

No idea whether he's a word remooved or not, but I'm quite impressed with his ability to spot a position occupied by someone it shouldn't be.

Tim

1- Thank Tim for keeping us up

2- thanx for the cup run

3- please leave while we can still respect those achievements

Tom

1- please react sooner than later

2- you will always be judged as and when you make your decisions

you're not expected to make a perfect 10 everytime

just more right than wrongs if possible

Anybody who takes inspiration from Alan 'won **** all' Pardew is a word removed.

Think it's pretty fair to take inspiration from a guy who was hounded out of his previous club but managed to turn it round and succeed at Palace.

Is a "word removed" because of it.  Classic.

was nice of him to tap up a club who had a manager, Not only is he a shit manager he is a word removed as well.

No idea whether he's a word remooved or not, but I'm quite impressed with his ability to spot a position occupied by someone it shouldn't be.

Im not impressed, by 3 year old spots that

"Logical" sacking dates would have been

1 beginning of International break - still here

2 after Chelsea defeat - swansea @ H & a cup free hit - Still here

3 after ManC, free hit @Everton A time to bed in for Watford

If Tim's still here after Watford - Bye PL Hello the SHA

f**k!!!!!!!

Mon, houllier, McLeish and Sherwood have all been backed and had a fair crack at being manager here, the problem is that the people doing the hiring havnt got the right types of manager on board, I mean Houllier was finished, McLeish had just relegated the blues, Sherwood had less than 6 months experience. Lambert could of worked out but they gave him no proper backing and it eventually broke him being constantly fighting against the odds. Just for once I wish they would pay what it takes to get a decent manager with good pedigree and back him properly.!

No fan of McLeish at all, but I don't feel he was "backed"

He used the money he was given to give Shay a 5 year deal and then there is Nzogbia...

Enough said!

As they say hindsight is 20/20 vision - again I'm no fan of McLeish but a minus £20m net spend indicates that he wasn't "backed"

Hang on how much has Sherwood spent net? I am sure its less than that

Mon, houllier, McLeish and Sherwood have all been backed and had a fair crack at being manager here, the problem is that the people doing the hiring havnt got the right types of manager on board, I mean Houllier was finished, McLeish had just relegated the blues, Sherwood had less than 6 months experience. Lambert could of worked out but they gave him no proper backing and it eventually broke him being constantly fighting against the odds. Just for once I wish they would pay what it takes to get a decent manager with good pedigree and back him properly.!

No fan of McLeish at all, but I don't feel he was "backed"

He used the money he was given to give Shay a 5 year deal and then there is Nzogbia...

Enough said!

As they say hindsight is 20/20 vision - again I'm no fan of McLeish but a minus £20m net spend indicates that he wasn't "backed"

Hang on how much has Sherwood spent net? I am sure its less than that

Aww god not the net spend again.  Please top me, please do

• Like 2

Personally I think a lot of Tim's current problems are based on the fact he is a tactical simpleton. 

He doesn't know what to do and even when he stumbles across a formula that gets us into promising positions he can't then make the subtle changes required to maintain a winning position. 

He bought the players - he must have had a plan for the system he then wanted to use them in 

Did he really?

Personally I think a lot of Tim's current problems are based on the fact he is a tactical simpleton. 

He doesn't know what to do and even when he stumbles across a formula that gets us into promising positions he can't then make the subtle changes required to maintain a winning position. 

He bought the players - he must have had a plan for the system he then wanted to use them in 

Did he really?

Depends upon who you listen to.

If it is Sherwood at the start of the season they are his players and it's his job to get the best out of them

If it is Sherwood now as he has failed spectacularly to get anything out of them then they are players foisted upon him

• Like 3

He walked out on his previous club 3 days before the start of the season, the man is worse than MON or Redknapp

Â