The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Any manager moving from one club to another, is going to be in a situation that is totallydifferent

Amazing insight. I suppose oranges are not apples?

With regard to moyes if he was such a failure at man u why did the great lvg have to spend a metric fudge ton on players?

It wasn't that amazing although I know what you mean. Sometimes obvious things can escape our attention, There's probably a word for it in the discipline of Psychology lol.

And another thing it's been over ten years since Everton were anything similar to the club we are at this moment in time.

Edited by useless

good managers want a club with ambition not a nothing club who just plod along. southampton is a better job than the villa and they only came back up a few seasons ago and straight away progressed season after season even though they kept losing their best players. never thought id say that was a better job than villa.

As if we're in any situation to turn our noses up at a guy that earned the right to get the Man U hotseat from the job he did at a once-similar club like Everton.

Madness.

I agree it is absolute madness. I guess I'd be considered to be one of those who hasn't stuck the knife completely into Sherwood but come on the choice of a proven manager in Moyes or Sherwood then it is a no brainier isn't it. All day long you take the guy who has proven himself and proven himself at a very similar club to Aston Villa.

The big question is whether he would come. I read a comment earlier saying would he want to risk rebuilding his reputation in the Premier League with us. Well there is no reputation to rebuild for me. The guy is still very highly regarded maybe not good enough for a top 4 club but for any other club he would be a worthy manager.

If there is any chance of getting Moyes then we need to. A couple of weeks ago many were ruing the fact we had missed out on big Sam. Last season some were ruing we had missed out on Pulis. Moyes offers what they did in terms of experience and a great chance of knowing what is needed to get the best out of these lads by going back to basics, getting us organised and playing to the strengths of the squad but unlike the glass ceiling of Alllardyce and Pulis Moyes has also shown he can build a squad and compete in the top third of the table. He would be a huge coup for us in the position we are in.

• Like 4

Swansea game feels like the biggest game in my memory. Feels even bigger than the Hull game did last season, although thinking about it, it shouldn't feel that way at the this stage.

No matter what happens, we will not win this game unless we play 2 strikers upfront. Gestede needs support, and he doesn't get it from Gil or Grealish playing as no.10s.

Sadly I think we will lose and it will be Tim's farewell. Genuinely gutted as I really wanted him to succeed.

• Like 1

As if we're in any situation to turn our noses up at a guy that earned the right to get the Man U hotseat from the job he did at a once-similar club like Everton.

Madness.

I agree it is absolute madness. I guess I'd be considered to be one of those who hasn't stuck the knife completely into Sherwood but come on the choice of a proven manager in Moyes or Sherwood then it is a no brainier isn't it. All day long you take the guy who has proven himself and proven himself at a very similar club to Aston Villa.

The big question is whether he would come. I read a comment earlier saying would he want to risk rebuilding his reputation in the Premier League with us. Well there is no reputation to rebuild for me. The guy is still very highly regarded maybe not good enough for a top 4 club but for any other club he would be a worthy manager.

If there is any chance of getting Moyes then we need to. A couple of weeks ago many were ruing the fact we had missed out on big Sam. Last season some were ruing we had missed out on Pulis. Moyes offers what they did in terms of experience and a great chance of knowing what is needed to get the best out of these lads by going back to basics, getting us organised and playing to the strengths of the squad but unlike the glass ceiling of Alllardyce and Pulis Moyes has also shown he can build a squad and compete in the top third of the table. He would be a huge coup for us in the position we are in.

yep some people think certain managers are not a big enough name for a club that has done and won nothing for years. in moyes eyes we are a step down from what hes used to in the premier league.

Why does anyone want Moyes?

Speaks volumes to me that world class players like Rooney, RVP and co thought he was shit after years of being coached by Quieroz and Phelan at United.

I just find it mad that people can make a judgement on a manager based on a spell at United. Not many can go there and be a success. He wasn't even that bad for them.

The fact he was sounded out by the best manager of all as his replacement speaks volumes about his ability.

He took them from champions to 7th.

If thats what you call not bad then you cant really criticise Tim record at Villa :o

Speaks volumes to me that world class players like Rooney, RVP and co thought he was shit after years of being coached by Quieroz and Phelan at United.

I just find it mad that people can make a judgement on a manager based on a spell at United. Not many can go there and be a success. He wasn't even that bad for them.

The fact he was sounded out by the best manager of all as his replacement speaks volumes about his ability.

If thats what you call not bad then you cant really criticise Tim record at Villa :o

Mourinho's not doing to good with Chelsea this season either, Guess that makes him shite too!

We both know that's a very simplistic viewpoint of Moyes' time at United.

Pointless debate.

if sherwood did get the sack id like rodgers but there is no chance of that. big sam has gone which most people will be happy about but i remember that  team he had at bolton and how hard to beat they were and horrible to play against. id be happy with moyes but just cant see him wanting the job.

How is it simplistic? They might have had a couple of injuries but never once challenged to get into Champions League spots all season

they finished 15 points off 4th and 22 points off the title. Its a massive failure

Â