The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

So Moyes ruled himself of the job before the game....but the fans were singing to him 'go home' at the match.

So we are potentially courting someone who maybe sacked by a smaller club than us.

We are a sad and desperate club at the minute.

Who should we be courting? 

I suppose the years he did a fantastic job at Everton were the anamoly/fluke and the last 2 seasons are a real indication of his ability?

your not going to sign a footballer on what he did 5-6 years ago and for me have to do same for a manager

why, he lost management yard? legs have gone?

• Like 2

Moyes suffered from the manure fans never accepting him from day one (almost like us and McLeish) , the club not supporting him properly in the transfer window due to their inexperience at co level and an ageing squad

his tenure wasn't the disaster some make it out to be

Real Sociedad fans call for David Moyes to be sacked, but he insists he is staying in Spain

•  
  • 18:44, 18 OCT 2015
  • UPDATED 19:07, 18 OCT 2015
  • BY ED MALYON

The Scot has been linked with taking over at struggling Aston Villa but wants to remain with the San Sebastian side for now

Subscribe

Denis DoyleClub-Atletico-de-Madrid-v-Real-Sociedad-
Feeling the heat: La Real have not been impressive this term

Real Sociedad fans called for David Moyes’ head (in English!) as they voiced their displeasure at the Scot’s reign.

Former Manchester United manager Moyes stood helplessly on the byline as his side lost again, this time to Atletico Madrid, and La Real supporters chanted “Moyes go home” in his native tongue. 

But post-match the 52-year-old was bullish that his job “was not in danger” and that wouldn’t be sacked, despite the poor run of results that has seen them win just one game all season.

GettyDavid Moyes congratulates goal scorer Leon Osman
Happy days: Moyes was a success in his first Premier League job with Everton

And Moyes also denied reports that would be willing to the return to the Premier League should Aston Villa decide to do away with Tim Sherwood and offer the Scot the role at Villa Park.

"During pre-season I had contact with clubs, which is normal, because they know my statistics, but my intention is to stay here at La Real," he said. 

"I'm not thinking about anything else. You saw the hard work and determination the players put in, how they fought. 

Neville WilliamsAston-Villa-v-Stoke-City-Premier-League
The Villa hot-seat: Moyes is a candidate to replace Tim Sherwood

Moyes was left counting the cost of a denied penalty late in proceedings, with his side trailing 1-0, that he felt would have changed the game.

“I don’t know if they would have given it in England,” Moyes said, “but in Spain that is penalty.”

I suppose the years he did a fantastic job at Everton were the anamoly/fluke and the last 2 seasons are a real indication of his ability?

your not going to sign a footballer on what he did 5-6 years ago and for me have to do same for a manager

why, he lost management yard? legs have gone?

football evolves tactically though, you wouldnt hire a Martin O'Neill if he was on the market today(hopefully he will soon ;))

The club should have sacked him two weeks ago to give a new manager a bit of time. They are now just delaying the inevitable and taking risks with the future of the club. Nothing has changed for them after the Chelsea game so Sherwood will definitely be in charge vs Swansea IMO.

I talked to a friend of mine -- an old Cleveland Browns fan. That organization is still licking its wounds from the damage Lerner inflicted, according to my friend. My friend also still can't understand why Lerner would even have bought a soccer team, since he's showed no apparent interest before.

I've seen some daft stuff on here over the years, not least in reference to Barry Bannan.

But Moyes being a backward step on Sherwood is right up there.

I get it now, its about clever use of words. You are right, you didn't call anyone daft (OED ridiculous, laughable,risible).Actually BTW I never said you personally did - and the sarcasm of the guy apologising is hilarious too.

Anyone who reads the last few pages will see various digs at the comments of ( but I guess not at the sayers of) those who have tried to put any view at contrast to the current Sherwood Out line. None are offensive, but equally none are part of a reasonable and po?its way of speaking to people.  So I suppose as long as I say I have seen some up their own backside preening know it all ' the Manager is a cock and I can pick a better man/owner/formation/ transfer policy' childish intolerant  Neanderthal stuff on here over the vyears but the current views are right up there, I'm OK ?

He failed at United but that doesn't mean to say he isn't good enough for the Villa job.

Key point well made. 

Ha ha he has no chance here then !

Oops didn't quote the bit about he would've been successful but wasn't given time, which kinda ruins the poi t of me post

Edited by terrytini

Totally different situation. Come on.

Yes he looks mentally fatigued to me. The experience at United may have taken its toll. I don't know, he could be good if he's still highly motivated but its still a risk. I agree Sherwood has made loads of mistakes but he's young and hungry and if he can learn from those mistakes he can still do a good job here. It just depends on how long we give him. I understand why fans want him out, I just think he will turn it around.

Totally different situation. Come on.

Yes he looks mentally fatigued to me. The experience at United may have taken its toll. I don't know, he could be good if he's still highly motivated but its still a risk. I agree Sherwood has made loads of mistakes but he's young and hungry and if he can learn from those mistakes he can still do a good job here. It just depends on how long we give him. I understand why fans want him out, I just think he will turn it around.

He isn't learning from mistakes in the slightest.

Â