The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm not too worried. I suspect the club know he's gone and are just moving to get the replacement before removing Tim. I suspect as soon as something is agreed with our target, it'll all move quickly and we'll be discussing tactics in another thread about a different lunatic.

• Like 2

How is it simplistic? They might have had a couple of injuries but never once challenged to get into Champions League spots all season

they finished 15 points off 4th and 22 points off the title. Its a massive failure

The squad massively overachieved under SAF in his last year and he knew it. He was the best manager of all time. He picked the perfect time to get out. Moyes had a ridiculously tough job following him. LVG has a piss-easy job in comparison. He had the same record as Moyes when he got sacked spending millions more.

they might have overachieved but a good manager would have at least challenged for top 4 with that squad. He finished 8 points behind Everton after leaving them and taking one of their best players, took a bad beating at Olympiakos in Champions League and did a poor job

He dropped the club 25 points as manager, no matter how good Fergie was that is failure

The more I think about it the more I can see the circus clowns in charge giving the job to Nigel Pearson. He's free to get and they will see his achievement of keeping Leicester up last season as just what we need, because we'll be bottom of the league when they make the decision to sack Sherwood. 

I think he's more than good enough to come here to be honest and an average spell in charge of United (although we clearly have differing views on that) does nothing to change my mind.

He's a million times better than Sherwood anyway.

The more I think about it the more I can see the circus clowns in charge giving the job to Nigel Pearson. He's free to get and they will see his achievement of keeping Leicester up last season as just what we need, because we'll be bottom of the league when they make the decision to sack Sherwood. 

That's my worry but that's the calibre of manager Lerner and fox will look at!!

How is it simplistic? They might have had a couple of injuries but never once challenged to get into Champions League spots all season

they finished 15 points off 4th and 22 points off the title. Its a massive failure

The squad massively overachieved under SAF in his last year and he knew it. He was the best manager of all time. He picked the perfect time to get out. Moyes had a ridiculously tough job following him. LVG has a piss-easy job in comparison. He had the same record as Moyes when he got sacked spending millions more.

they might have overachieved but a good manager would have at least challenged for top 4 with that squad. He finished 8 points behind Everton after leaving them and taking one of their best players, took a bad beating at Olympiakos in Champions League and did a poor job

He dropped the club 25 points as manager, no matter how good Fergie was that is failure

The players were all f******, just like Chelsea are now. Fergie in his last season worked them into the ground, he new it was time to get out everyone new. Moyes had a impossible job.

The clubs silence speaks volumes imo.  He will be gone come next Sunday.

the club havent come out after any defeat this season to support him?

There wasnt the talk about him getting the boot after every defeat.  Back him or sack him, isnt that the saying?

Van Persie was a little leaving gift for Fergie, he was the signing that pretty much guaranteed at least a top two spot for his last season but was very unlike a Fergie signing in that he would have a limited impact at the club due to his age.  Moyes never got the backing Van Gaal did to rebuild the squad, and I'd have expected him to have done a lot better last season with the money that was spent.  

Anyway, off topic (for the moment).  I really hope we've heard something by tomorrow, otherwise it's another week wasted.

So Moyes ruled himself of the job before the game....but the fans were singing to him 'go home' at the match.

So we are potentially courting someone who maybe sacked by a smaller club than us.

We are a sad and desperate club at the minute.

What do you expect him to do? Say he's interested while he's in another job? That would be grossly unprofessional.

The club should have sacked him two weeks ago to give a new manager a bit of time. They are now just delaying the inevitable and taking risks with the future of the club. Nothing has changed for them after the Chelsea game so Sherwood will definitely be in charge vs Swansea IMO.

He failed at United but that doesn't mean to say he isn't good enough for the Villa job.

I don't think he had enough time. I think eventually he would have succeeded if given another six months.

Yeah and 200 million like LVG.

exactly. had moyes been given time to spend 200m on that squad I think he might have faired better. enormous balls to take it on in the first place.

• Like 1

I suppose the years he did a fantastic job at Everton were the anamoly/fluke and the last 2 seasons are a real indication of his ability?

your not going to sign a footballer on what he did 5-6 years ago and for me have to do same for a manager

I suppose the years he did a fantastic job at Everton were the anamoly/fluke and the last 2 seasons are a real indication of his ability?

your not going to sign a footballer on what he did 5-6 years ago and for me have to do same for a manager

Totally different situation. Come on.

Â