The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

So things we learn from that interview.

1. Once again he isn't responsible 

2. Once again it's the players fault because they aren't able or willing to play his brilliant football

3. Alongside responsibility we can add pragmatic to the list of words Sherwood doesn't understand

4. He isn't going to quit

I reckon he knows he's gone - the leaks, quotes etc. are all just him protecting himself as he's finished as a PL manager after this. He's only thinking of two things right now - his pay-off, and getting his media pals to paint him as the victim when he's sacked - hence Collymore's nonsense in the Mirror yesterday.

I agree. I think he is waiting for his pay off now, he is almost inviting it intentionally with this stuff.

• Like 2

2. Once again it's the players fault because they aren't able or willing to play his brilliant football

3. Alongside responsibility we can add pragmatic to the list of words Sherwood doesn't understand

I reckon he knows he's gone - the leaks, quotes etc. are all just him protecting himself as he's finished as a PL manager after this. He's only thinking of two things right now - his pay-off, and getting his media pals to paint him as the victim when he's sacked - hence Collymore's nonsense in the Mirror yesterday.

I agree. I think he is waiting for his pay off now, he is almost inviting it intentionally with this stuff.

How far does he need to go before it becomes professional misconduct?

Anyone who paid any attention to him at Spurs should have known he was a massive tool before he took the Villa job.

You can get away with being a dickhead if you get results. He doesn't, it's the worst of both worlds.

• Like 1

I have a feeling they sacked him at the meeting and now we're just playing out the process.

That would be an act of such gross incompetence that only at Aston Villa would I consider it a possibility.

for all we know we arent going to sack him until we have a deal for our new manager. We could be waiting for Moyes to get the punt or negotiating a release/terms for a manager.

I hope.

Looks like we have him for Swansea.

When are we suppose to sing your name again Tim?

As we were in for Adebayor up until the end of the window, surely we must have that £5m hanging around to go towards paying him off.  Then give his salary to Moyes, which would be a pay rise for him.  Sorted.  I think what he just said must be the final nail in the coffins for fans who were willing to give him more time.  What he said is utterly ludicrous, he leaves out Gil all the time, the one person who has the ability and intelligence to play between the lines, or plays him as a right midfielder that wastes his talent.  Even Grealish isn't quite experienced enough yet to pull it off on his own even with his natural ability, if you play without these kinds of players then you have little option than to pass it sideways, especially if you play 5 at the back and an immobile lump up front.  He hangs his players out to dry on and off the pitch, he's an embarrassment. 

• Like 1

Good riddance, get Moyes in. I will start getting excited about football again with Moyes

Aside from Sherwoods rambling one of the things I find disturbing about that Daily Mail piece is that they state a press officer denied Sherwood the opportunity to answer questions surrounding our summer recruitment policy. Why would the press guy step in and not allow that? It suggests to me that there is conflict with in that area and that Sherwood perhaps wasn’t allowed to bring in the players he wanted. If there is nothing to hide then why stop questions being asked.

This whole saga is turning into a farce quite frankly. It also concerns me that if there is a committee that decides on which players to buy then you will get a lot of managers not willing to work in such circumstances. You can guarantee Allardyce wouldn’t have come in and I would have my doubts that Moyes would work under such a structure. These guys usually want total control and rightly so in my book as it is their necks on the block when things go wrong.

• Like 2

Aside from Sherwoods rambling one of the things I find disturbing about that Daily Mail piece is that they state a press officer denied Sherwood the opportunity to answer questions surrounding our summer recruitment policy. Why would the press guy step in and not allow that? It suggests to me that there is conflict with in that area and that Sherwood perhaps wasn’t allowed to bring in the players he wanted. If there is nothing to hide then why stop questions being asked.

This whole saga is turning into a farce quite frankly. It also concerns me that if there is a committee that decides on which players to buy then you will get a lot of managers not willing to work in such circumstances. You can guarantee Allardyce wouldn’t have come in and I would have my doubts that Moyes would work under such a structure. These guys usually want total control and rightly so in my book as it is their necks on the block when things go wrong.

Well for me I prefer the route our club went than sign the likes of lennon, townsend and adebayor. Spurs rejects. We need to build for the future and I think we have talented youngsters just playing for a clown who doesnt know what he is doing

• Like 2

I have a feeling they sacked him at the meeting and now we're just playing out the process.

Process? Can you clarify more? 

That wouldn't surprise me - all this is about how much of the rest of his contract he's due. Sherwood will be demanding to be paid off in full and will be using the whole 'I didn't want any of these players' , as a way of negotiating that he's been undermined by the club. Fox/Lerner will be putting forward the results, lack of motivation of players, leaks to the media etc as a case that he's not doing his job as he was contracted to. Either way I'd imagine he'll get a few million out of us.

• Like 1

What bugs me was his quote about the players playing it sideways and him not telling them to do that. He told them to just 'express themselves'. If his tactical brief in training is just 'express yourself' not which channels, to run, space to play into etc.. then no wonder they look like headless chickens.

• Like 3

it could just be that Tim's targets were beyond our budget.  We did sign 3 experienced PL players, and we have been stung for years by paying over the odds from other PL teams.  I can totally understand the model we are using in recruitment, I really don't think it's as difficult as is being made out but if it needs negotiating over with Moyes or whoever, then so be it.  As it is, when Lambert was on MOTD extra the other week it sounded like he did a lot of the leg work himself when signing players but every manager needs scouts, and all clubs have a budget to work to.

• Like 1

Well for me I prefer the route our club went than sign the likes of lennon, townsend and adebayor. Spurs rejects. We need to build for the future and I think we have talented youngsters just playing for a clown who doesnt know what he is doing

I don’t necessarily disagree in terms of who Sherwood may have signed but I can guarantee a lot of managers, especially the more experienced ones, will not work under a situation where you have others and/or a committee deciding on who the club will buy. Lambert said as much a couple of weeks ago that you have people at some clubs who wouldn't know what a football is blown up with having input and influence over which players you should buy.

Personally I think if it is the manager neck on the line as it always is if things go tits up then he needs to have the final say on which players you bring in. For me if you don’t trust a manager in that regard then you shouldn't be employing him in the first place.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

for all we know we arent going to sack him until we have a deal for our new manager. We could be waiting for Moyes to get the punt or negotiating a release/terms for a manager.

I hope.

Looks like we have him for Swansea.

When are we suppose to sing your name again Tim?

Have we got a new CEO then ? - because thats not how Tom Fox operates - more like bury your head in the sand, hope the problem goes away - then panic when its to late - and appoint the easiest option available. 

Lets not forget Moyes and Pullis were available last November as was Big Sam until last weekend.  I fear you are mistaken if you think there is some sort of plan here - i really wouldn't be surprised if Ray wilkins is given the job.

Â