The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I rather doubt Rodgers would fancy the job: would he be confident he could keep us up? It's a tough call for anybody, and I think Rodgers may well feel it's too much of a risk for his reputation. He can afford to wait for a better opportunity.  We need somebody who's more desperate :( 

LOL sad but true :(

This Rodgers talk is where I get off I'm afraid . . . If he's the best choice then I hope Sherwood stays. 

I say that not because of anything personal, I've joined in the 'Brenton' mickey-taking but I'm sure he's alright really, that's not my issue. My issue is that I can't see how he can turn this club around. I mean, look, we're always laughing on here at 'Tactics Tim', can't set out a team, doesn't know his best XI, etc etc. Yet now I'm supposed to suddenly be on board with a guy who has spent the last 18 months pretending Emre Can is a right-sided centre back? A blind man could have told Sakho is twice the player Lovren is, it took an injury to Lovren before Sakho appeared this season. Look, I've said it before, but if he couldn't organise a defence with Lovren, Moreno, Clyne and Skrtel, how the **** do we expect him to organise Amavi, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna? 

I just don't see it, sorry. I genuinely don't think he'll be any improvement at all. 

Tim has become non-viable by excuse-making with transfers.

Or become non-viable by telling it how it is????? If he wanted Cambiasso,Townsend,Lennon and Adebayor and ended up with Veretout, Ayew, Gestede etc you could understand him being pissed off

He may indeed be telling it like it is. Problem is, he makes it sound like this new players are a dog's dinner compared to the players he REALLY wanted. If I were a player, I would lose my respect of him.

I rather doubt Rodgers would fancy the job: would he be confident he could keep us up? It's a tough call for anybody, and I think Rodgers may well feel it's too much of a risk for his reputation. He can afford to wait for a better opportunity.  We need somebody who's more desperate default_sad.png 

The irony if he were to join us after taking away one of our greatest players to ever wear the shirt.

... You mean Heskey, right?

This Rodgers talk is where I get off I'm afraid . . . If he's the best choice then I hope Sherwood stays. 

I say that not because of anything personal, I've joined in the 'Brenton' mickey-taking but I'm sure he's alright really, that's not my issue. My issue is that I can't see how he can turn this club around. I mean, look, we're always laughing on here at 'Tactics Tim', can't set out a team, doesn't know his best XI, etc etc. Yet now I'm supposed to suddenly be on board with a guy who has spent the last 18 months pretending Emre Can is a right-sided centre back? A blind man could have told Sakho is twice the player Lovren is, it took an injury to Lovren before Sakho appeared this season. Look, I've said it before, but if he couldn't organise a defence with Lovren, Moreno, Clyne and Skrtel, how the **** do we expect him to organise Amavi, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna? 

I just don't see it, sorry. I genuinely don't think he'll be any improvement at all. 

Or become non-viable by telling it how it is????? If he wanted Cambiasso,Townsend,Lennon and Adebayor and ended up with Veretout, Ayew, Gestede etc you could understand him being pissed off

He may indeed be telling it like it is. Problem is, he makes it sound like this new players are a dog's dinner compared to the players he REALLY wanted. If I were a player, I would lose my respect of him.

Agreed. If it was an issue he should have said so in the summer or even walked just what he did was tell us all before the end of the season he would have full control then talked up his knowledge of the signings.

He can't have it both ways.

What are the odds on Sherwoods sacking? Be interesting to see if Moyes or Rodgers have better odds as next villa manager. 

6/1 last I checked.

Getting smashed into this morning, Now as low as 5/2 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post 

Just Gone 6/4 with BV

Agreed. If it was an issue he should have said so in the summer or even walked just what he did was tell us all before the end of the season he would have full control then talked up his knowledge of the signings.

Shocking management, no wonder they aren't performing for him. 

I don't know, I know that, the new Sunderland manager was fourth favourite to be fired before they even announced who it was. Perhaps Allardyce is still one of the favourites to go next. I'd be surprised if he was lower odds than Sherwood though.

It's laughable that he believes the players mentioned are that much better than whats been brought in. Cambiasso retired and Adebayor didn't want to come so we did go for some of the players he wanted. As for the others? Traore looks to have a lot more potential than Lennon or Townsend and so far to me will have just as much impact this season as they would. Veretout is settling and looks better every game and as for Ayew if he played him he might be able to make a proper judgement. It was his performance against Blues that's kept Sherwood in his job as a defeat that night would've been the end yet he's hardly had a kick since. I fear Sherwood is too stubborn to be a top manager it's ok having confidence which borders on arrogance but you still need to admit you've made mistakes from time to time which is something he doesn't do. 

• Like 1

Sherwood himself said that he moved on from Cambiasso because he took too long to make his mind up. But then everything this manager says now is a contradiction of something previously said, so...

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

The main thing for me and also one that Isa has raised was fudging the issue of replacing Benteke.

It was always going to be  Gestede and one other. Remember Adebayor was going to be announced on the same day as him and I think Veretout before he disappeared.

Then Rudy scored on his debut and I honestly think Sherwood showed his inexperience by getting carried away and thinking he could do that most weeks for us. Well he's scored a couple since but is a long way short of Benteke's overall level so he's one of the reasons why he just don't look very threatening going forward for long spells in games. Our best attacking performance so far this season was Leicester away for 60 mins with him not on the pitch.

We've seen before mediocre teams muddle through seasons with a quality player upfront e.g. us for the last few seasons. Not signing one will be one of the death knells for Sherwood here.

• Like 1

Just imagine if they have hardly ever performed for Sherwood, like the fall out happend after the Bournmouth game. If a new manager comes in, the team may show there quality and it may still turn into a great season

One thing for Roger's, he will be the only manager we have had for a long while with the experience of managing one of the top clubs. (can't believe I just said that about the plop)

Â