The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I say tap Rodgers up now and then bin Sherwood off after the Chelsea game. Would be great to have Rodgers in the crowd for the Chelsea game. Give Timmy a taste of his own medicine.

Did Tim watch Lambert's last game in the stands?

he watched a few as guest of Fox I believe.

• Like 2

Just why is Rodgers being suggested, because of his Swansea work?
Was the Swansea success all down to him, or because of a system they have, that has obviously been continued under Gary Monk.
The very fact that their success has carried on following his appointment, looks to me like the set up there is correct, rather than individuals.

Watching Rodgers' Liverpool team since Suarez left was like watching our own 'eye bleeding' boring, ineffective football, but with better individual players.

• Like 1

Watching Rodgers' Liverpool team since Suarez left was like watching our own 'eye bleeding' boring, ineffective football, but with better individual players.

Liverpool is pears to AV's apples. Very hard to compare. 

But at Swansea, he lost only 28 of 96 games. That's solidly mid-table performance.  

Rodgers is a good technical coach, likes of Grealish, Gil and Amavi would enjoy working under him I'm sure.

He's not left Liverpool in a hopeless position in the league, they're only 3 points off 4th aren't they?

Even as poor as last season was for them he still switched formation after they lost 3-0 to Man. United and they went on a very good run for three months. I actually think they'd have finished 4th last season if Sturridge had been fit for most of the season, they missed him a lot.

I'd personally go for Luciene Favre but of the british candidates out of work who know this league, is there a better option than Rodgers?

• Like 3

I'd go with Moyes if he is available as he has knowledge of relegation scraps.I think he would at least sort the defence out ,Rodgers spent millions on defenders and they were always shocking at the back

I'm sure though they would be plenty of interest and be some surprise candidates

Also I would sack him now why waste 2 more games ...

Btw Tim moaning he couldn't bring in experienced perm players ...well he brought in Lescott who has been **** awful.

• Like 1

I feel sherwood has earned our thanks based on last season and what he did .

however he appears to be a short term fix and looks as if he needs to drop a division and gain more experience - this is a big job here too early for him.

Regarding Rodgers - I'd prefer moyes  but do see the attraction in Rodgers and think he'd be a decent choice for us .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

Just why is Rodgers being suggested, because of his Swansea work?

I think Rodgers is the best we could hope for by some margin if he would come. Lets assume for a second that Sherwood gets sacked after the Swansea game. For that to have happened we would most likely have had to lose to both Chelsea and Swansea leaving us with 4 points from 10 games, potentially bottom of the league and seven points from safety. What level of manager do people really think we are likely to attract in that position? We are looking at either someone out of work, a manager in a lower league looking to make the step up, or a foreign manager totally unproven in the English leagues.

I think in the circumstances Rodgers is arguably the best we could hope for although I am not entirely convinced he would come. Would Moyes want to come back to a team cut adrift? Of the managers in the lower leagues you are looking at someone like Rowett or Dyce being the best candidates but would we really risk our future on a manager that had either never managed in the top flight or a manager whose only experience was relegation. Those with better knowledge than me could perhaps suggest someone from abroad but I think that would be a big risk going for someone that doesn't know the league given the predicament we find ourselves in.

The best for all concerned of course is that Sherwood turns this around as unlikely as that may be.

• Like 3

I think Rodgers did well to finish second in the league with Liverpool. They might have spent a lot of money but I'm sure the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man United would have spent more, maybe even Tottenham too.

• Like 1

Im thinking now, why wait after the Chelsea and Swansea games. For me there is no way we are winning either under Sherwood anyway. 

As for Brendon, wouldn't be my first choice to similar to what we had before. Im thinking Lambert would have done the same job at Liverplop with the players they had. Although isn't McCalister not part of his backroom staff, he didn't do to bad here.

I think Rodgers did well to finish second in the league with Liverpool. They might have spent a lot of money but I'm sure the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man United would have spent more, maybe even Tottenham too.

Swarez got them second, just like Benteke kept us up. 

• Like 1

I would take Rodgers. My only concern is he doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to organising a defence which is really imperative given our current situation. We give away cheap goals. For me even if Sherwood wins vs Chelsea if Rodgers indicates he wants it it's his. I can see us replacing him regardless.

Im thinking now, why wait after the Chelsea and Swansea games. For me there is no way we are winning either under Sherwood anyway. 

As for Brendon, wouldn't be my first choice to similar to what we had before. Im thinking Lambert would have done the same job at Liverplop with the players they had. Although isn't McCalister not part of his backroom staff, he didn't do to bad here.

maybe he needs a short break away or is waiting to sort his payoff from anfield .

Either way I don't see is winning either game.

Â