The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If I were Sherwood, I would negotiate an immediate resignation. That's his most dignified, face-saving option at this point. The club aren't behind him any more. Something's switched.

I haven't really been on here much over the past week. What's happened?

This Rodgers talk is where I get off I'm afraid . . . If he's the best choice then I hope Sherwood stays. 

I say that not because of anything personal, I've joined in the 'Brenton' mickey-taking but I'm sure he's alright really, that's not my issue. My issue is that I can't see how he can turn this club around. I mean, look, we're always laughing on here at 'Tactics Tim', can't set out a team, doesn't know his best XI, etc etc. Yet now I'm supposed to suddenly be on board with a guy who has spent the last 18 months pretending Emre Can is a right-sided centre back? A blind man could have told him Sakho is twice the player Lovren is, yet it took an injury to Lovren before Sakho appeared this season. Look, I've said it before, but if he couldn't organise a defence with Lovren, Moreno, Clyne and Skrtel, how the **** do we expect him to organise Amavi, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna? 

I just don't see it, sorry. I genuinely don't think he'll be any improvement at all. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
grammar
  • Like 4

This Rodgers talk is where I get off I'm afraid . . . If he's the best choice then I hope Sherwood stays. 

I say that not because of anything personal, I've joined in the 'Brenton' mickey-taking but I'm sure he's alright really, that's not my issue. My issue is that I can't see how he can turn this club around. I mean, look, we're always laughing on here at 'Tactics Tim', can't set out a team, doesn't know his best XI, etc etc. Yet now I'm supposed to suddenly be on board with a guy who has spent the last 18 months pretending Emre Can is a right-sided centre back? A blind man could have told Sakho is twice the player Lovren is, it took an injury to Lovren before Sakho appeared this season. Look, I've said it before, but if he couldn't organise a defence with Lovren, Moreno, Clyne and Skrtel, how the **** do we expect him to organise Amavi, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna? 

I just don't see it, sorry. I genuinely don't think he'll be any improvement at all. 

I fear you may be right. But Tim has become non-viable by excuse-making with transfers.

If I were Sherwood, I would negotiate an immediate resignation. That's his most dignified, face-saving option at this point. The club aren't behind him any more. Something's switched.

Tim has been given two games to turn it around. The club wouldn't have leaked that if they weren't trying to tell potentials buyers and fans that, hey, we're seeing an end to Tim's reign. 

nothing but an extra 7 days for newspapers to fill columns, fans to stew over the current situation. Also silence is deafening, or silent, depending on which way you look at it.

I say that not because of anything personal, I've joined in the 'Brenton' mickey-taking but I'm sure he's alright really, that's not my issue. My issue is that I can't see how he can turn this club around. I mean, look, we're always laughing on here at 'Tactics Tim', can't set out a team, doesn't know his best XI, etc etc. Yet now I'm supposed to suddenly be on board with a guy who has spent the last 18 months pretending Emre Can is a right-sided centre back? A blind man could have told Sakho is twice the player Lovren is, it took an injury to Lovren before Sakho appeared this season. Look, I've said it before, but if he couldn't organise a defence with Lovren, Moreno, Clyne and Skrtel, how the **** do we expect him to organise Amavi, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna? 

I  think he would improve us slightly and would certainly take him over Sherwood but I agree with the rest of your post. 

We won't get Moyes or an Exotic foreign coach.

We'll end up with Rodgers, Dyche or Pearson IMO. I wish I could joke, we all know they are most likely.Lerner hasn't had best of luck with managers. 

Edited by OneNightInRotterdam

A few pages back I Saw someone ask why are talking about/interested in Rodgers.

The answer is simple, he is an experienced PL manager currently out of work.

Whatever his faults that would be a marked improvement on someone who is pretending to be a manager and sadly isn't.

Lambert was supposed to be a marked improvement on Mcleish.

Sherwood was supposed to be a makrked improvement on Lambert.

lets hope (next time) that the powers that be make a decision based on better criteria than experienced,PL manager out of work.

**** it, let's TRY and get the best we can get, even if that means tapping some bugger up.

Lambert was an improvement on McLeish. 

Some of us knew before he was appointed that Sherwood wouldn't be an improvement on Lambert. 

i said it before, but there's a difference between PL experience and proven PL experience. We need the latter. That shouldn't mean we settle for the former. 

I say that not because of anything personal, I've joined in the 'Brenton' mickey-taking but I'm sure he's alright really, that's not my issue. My issue is that I can't see how he can turn this club around. I mean, look, we're always laughing on here at 'Tactics Tim', can't set out a team, doesn't know his best XI, etc etc. Yet now I'm supposed to suddenly be on board with a guy who has spent the last 18 months pretending Emre Can is a right-sided centre back? A blind man could have told him Sakho is twice the player Lovren is, yet it took an injury to Lovren before Sakho appeared this season. Look, I've said it before, but if he couldn't organise a defence with Lovren, Moreno, Clyne and Skrtel, how the **** do we expect him to organise Amavi, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna? 

Id literally bet my mother on him being an improvement on sherwood.

In fact speaking of my mother, she'd probably be a better choice too. 

• Like 2

Tim has become non-viable by excuse-making with transfers.

Or become non-viable by telling it how it is????? If he wanted Cambiasso,Townsend,Lennon and Adebayor and ended up with Veretout, Ayew, Gestede etc you could understand him being pissed off

• Like 1

Sometimes managers fit certain clubs and expectations at clubs. I have no idea if Rodgers will be that man but he won't have to wait long to pick up another prem job imo.

Look at Pardew, derided at Newcastle but at Palace the fans and board are well behind him and he's produced a team that won't be far off the top 6 this year. Sometimes certain managers fit certain clubs perfectly. We might eventually find one after the next 10 managerial changes.

I rather doubt Rodgers would fancy the job: would he be confident he could keep us up? It's a tough call for anybody, and I think Rodgers may well feel it's too much of a risk for his reputation. He can afford to wait for a better opportunity.  We need somebody who's more desperate :( 

Vicious cycle when you think about it, I'm sure we all said the same thing regarding Tim replacing Lambert.

Rodgers would be great if he could recuperate his days at Swansea.

• Like 1

Vicious cycle when you think about it, I'm sure we all said the same thing regarding Tim replacing Lambert.

Rodgers would be great if he could recuperate his days at Swansea.

Not a chance he could that, Swansea had been playing the same way for years before he got there under Sousa and Martinez, he only had to tweak things. Aston Villa have not played that way consistantly since Big Ron, to be fair the current squad can barely string 2 passes together on a regular basis so the Rodgers style would be almost impossible

I think there is little chance that Rodgers will come here, then only reason I think it's a small possibility is because of the Reilly link.

He's only just been sacked from Liverpool and he'll probably want some time off. Why would he come here? Work under a chairman that has no interest in the club? To try and save us from relegation that we've been flirting with for the past five years? Maybe next summer but not now. This job is a difficult one and not a lot of glory in it.

I rather doubt Rodgers would fancy the job: would he be confident he could keep us up? It's a tough call for anybody, and I think Rodgers may well feel it's too much of a risk for his reputation. He can afford to wait for a better opportunity.  We need somebody who's more desperate :( 

The irony if he were to join us after taking away one of our greatest players to ever wear the shirt.

Â