The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a little update? Last I saw was an article saying that Tim was not happy with the players brought in as they weren't his first choices. There's something about a two game ultimatum now? Sounds like bollocks, but a non-pithy twelve word summary of what has happened in the past week would be greatly appreciated. I know there's damn all actual news, but what are you all talking about? I'm missing context.

Papers have said Fox and Sherwood had a meeting last week about recent results.

Papers have also said Tim's been given 2 games to save his job.

Papers have said Rodgers could be lined up to take over.

Basically it's all paper talk. So it could well all be bollocks.

• Like 2

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a little update? Last I saw was an article saying that Tim was not happy with the players brought in as they weren't his first choices. There's something about a two game ultimatum now? Sounds like bollocks, but a non-pithy twelve word summary of what has happened in the past week would be greatly appreciated. I know there's damn all actual news, but what are you all talking about? I'm missing context.

Papers have said Fox and Sherwood had a meeting last week about recent results.

Papers have also said Tim's been given 2 games to save his job.

Papers have said Rodgers could be lined up to take over.

Basically it's all paper talk. So it could well all be bollocks.

Information vacuum plus international break equals any old shite being printed.

Tnx bbz

• Like 2

I think the 2 game ultimatum came from us on here and is just lazy journalism yet again. Though I can see it being true, he cant carry on not winning games it'll be nearly 10 games without a win.

Even if he wins both games, I still believe he is dead man walking, the work has been done behind the scenes to see him replaced surely.

16 players out (5 loan) and 13 to come in,

Was always going to require more luck than judgement to work in such a short space of time. 

An uphill task even for an experienced manager thats not worked out. Really is no need for some of the abuse.

It's a shame he was forced to shift all those players and sign all those new ones...

We were almost powerless to stop the mass exodus of the finer players Benteke, Delph, Cleverley, Vlaar etc due to clauses/finance packages offered/implemented either by previous management or the hierarchy. 

The others that left were royally proven shitness over the last 2/3 seasons so a punt was required. 

For the record i think we have a better squad now than then, I guess its like having a nice kit car delivered in many pieces but we have a rookie enthusiast try to put it together.

16 players out (5 loan) and 13 to come in,

Was always going to require more luck than judgement to work in such a short space of time. 

An uphill task even for an experienced manager thats not worked out. Really is no need for some of the abuse.

I think people would be more accepting of that if his comments didnt expose him to be a total arsehole of the highest order.

Here's some examples

last season we will never be in this position again - this season well we are in a relegation battle and if we survive we will be stronger next season

before the season these are my players its my head on the line now no excuses - this season I was not allowed to sign the players I wanted

I agree with what you say, however it also depends if you believe everything what you read. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I'd just like a manager who doesn't lose his head. Lambert did after the 8-0 drubbing, Sherwood does regularly with strange tactics and changing formation constantly - and regularly at half time.

Somebody who has absolute belief in their own conviction please. Not somebody who will fall apart when the going gets tough, or one who will turn the blame onto others.

Edited by DK82

I'd just like a manager who doesn't lose his head. Lambert did after the 8-0 drubbing, Sherwood does regularly with strange tactics and changing formation constantly - and regularly at half time.

Somebody who has absolute belief in their own conviction please. Not somebody who will fall apart when the going gets tough, or one who will turn the blame onto others.

I think the man you are looking for just got a job in Sunderland.

Yep, I think he's the one I wanted. He'd get us comfortable mid-table ready for another man to carry on the work. 

Much as I want him gone - WTF is going on at our club ?

He is supposedly on borrowed time - you either back him or sack him - fantastic Mr Fox has done neither, meanwhile the guy best equipped to save us slip through our fingers, and to one of our relegation rivals !!! - and it seems within days we will be looking for a manager to save us from the drop - should TF not have brought the whole think forward by 2 games - and appointed Allardyce ?  - total madness the way our club is being run.

If we lose to Chelsea, I hope we lose big.

Just to smash that final nail in his coffin.

It could also irreparably smash the confidence of the team and make the new Managers job even harder.

If we lose, I hope its a scrappy 1-0 loss, maybe a goalkeeping error from Grealish.

Edited by av1

I think the reason Lerner wanted Moyes originally was because of his reputation for working on a shoestring (even though that is debatable) at Everton, knowing what he was about to do with his investment. It's also probably the reason Moyes wasn't interested in the job, working under similar constraints. At the time I remember most of us thought we'd be offering him a similar job with increased budget, how clear things have become after the last 4 years.

• Like 1

I imagine if the 2 game ultimatum is real, it's really just put there to make it appear Sherwood is being given a chance to save his job. Fox and the powers that be know that we won't beat Swansea and Chelsea. It just won't happen. Which means they can turn around after both games and say "sorry, it's not enough. See ya later"

If that ultimatum exists then it's goodbye for Sherwood, pretty much regardless of what happens in those games.

I always think these X number of games ultimatum's are media BS to be honest.

But if it is true then the only real logical explanation is that Fox wants to see if the players are still behind Sherwood. If they are they in theory should bust a gut to keep him in the job if they aren't they will hang him. Given that motivation and self delusion are the only weapons in Sherwood's locker if he has lost the ability to motivate the players then he has to go.

id argue he never really had that ability to motivate or if he did it left him pretty quickly.  The cup final did not demonstrate much of that

• Like 1

I agree that Moyes would be a good choice should he be looking at ending his time in Spain. I just feel an air of inevitability about Rodgers, with his links to the board and the fact he is currently out of of work, he certainly ticks a few boxes.

Everyone will have their own opinions regarding his time at Liverpool, but I think, providing his head is the right place, he would still represent some what of a coup.

Â