The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I can see why Rodgers would be in the frame. The man perhaps more responsible than any other person for the hires last summer -- head of recruitment Paddy Reilly -- was at Liverpool for part of the same time as Rodgers. Surely they know each other? May not mean much, but I've read that Reilly is super influential in the hierarchy ...

I think it's going to be Rodgers.

Patrick Riley

Director of Scouting & Player Recruitment

Whittington, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Sports
Current
  1. Aston Villa Football Club
Previous
  1. Liverpool Football Club
  2. Aston Villa Football Club
Education
  1. Liverpool John Moores University

He lives in my 2000 population village :)

Didn't know that!

Go get an interview for VillaTalk!

I've been thinking about transfer committees, surely all clubs have a hierarchy where the scouts do the scouting, the head scout organises it and recommends, probably with the analyst to give a list to the manager to add to his own preferred signings, then the money men work out which ones they can actually buy.  The way Lambert talked about the club doing it last week it sounded like he was heavily involved and would phone around to make sure he got to know about the character of players from people he trusts, but he obviously had to rely heavily on scouting as he didn't always have time.  If Sherwood thinks he can come to a Premier League club and just rely on players who he used to coach or play for the club his best mate is chairman of, then he's going to have a very short career in management.

Im thinking now, why wait after the Chelsea and Swansea games. For me there is no way we are winning either under Sherwood anyway. 

As for Brendon, wouldn't be my first choice to similar to what we had before. Im thinking Lambert would have done the same job at Liverplop with the players they had. Although isn't McCalister not part of his backroom staff, he didn't do to bad here.

I think if we lose to Chelsea, and its another ugly performance, hes' gone, either by him walking, or Fox sacking him.

Why would Rodgers come to Villa?  The same transfer comittee system shafted him at Liverpool and i doubt he would be keen to jump into a similar setup.  

In any comittee, An experienced voice will be heard far louder than an inexperienced voice.

If I were Sherwood, I would negotiate an immediate resignation. That's his most dignified, face-saving option at this point. The club aren't behind him any more. Something's switched.

Yeah it might have something to do with him trying to play the club against the media to protect himself the clown

• Like 1

Is Swansea going to be like that Palace game that would have seen Fergie sacked at United? We win that then Tim goes on to become the greatest manager of all time?

Thought it was forest that United beat 0-1 in the cup that saved fergie with Mark robins scoring?

• Like 1

Is Swansea going to be like that Palace game that would have seen Fergie sacked at United? We win that then Tim goes on to become the greatest manager of all time?

If that happens all well and good.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Why would Rodgers come to Villa?  The same transfer comittee system shafted him at Liverpool and i doubt he would be keen to jump into a similar setup.  

It's still a premier league job, you can't always be picky.

Plus if we ever get our act together we could still be a challenger in the top half. That would require new owners of course so that might be something Rodgers would have an eye on.

• Like 1

Thought it was forest that United beat 0-1 in the cup that saved fergie with Mark robins scoring?

Yes you're right, they ended up beating Palace in the final.

• Like 1

I think Sherwood is resigned to losing his job and has started his exit strategy. By deflecting things already he's actually weakening his position. I wanted him to do well and can forgive the results so far but I'm fed up with him not taking the blame. The buck stops with him. He should be getting the pressure off of the players do they can go out and perform yet it seems to be doing the opposite so he'll look better once he's sacked. I think Rodgers getting sacked may be the making of him so it could be an ideal time to get him in. After LFC finished 2nd he got carried away thinking they'd cracked it now this could b e the grounding he needs. He's  a better manager than Sherwood more experienced the lot so sometimes things fall in to place I'd probably make the change regardless of the results because he's available. Letting Sherwood have more time may bite us later. Klopp being available made Liverppol act maybe we should do the same?? 

• Like 2

A few pages back I Saw someone ask why are talking about/interested in Rodgers.

The answer is simple, he is an experienced PL manager currently out of work.

Whatever his faults that would be a marked improvement on someone who is pretending to be a manager and sadly isn't.

Lambert was supposed to be a marked improvement on Mcleish.

Sherwood was supposed to be a makrked improvement on Lambert.

lets hope (next time) that the powers that be make a decision based on better criteria than experienced,PL manager out of work.

**** it, let's TRY and get the best we can get, even if that means tapping some bugger up.

Edited by andyh
  • Like 2

A few pages back I Saw someone ask why are talking about/interested in Rodgers.

The answer is simple, he is an experienced PL manager currently out of work.

Whatever his faults that would be a marked improvement on someone who is pretending to be a manager and sadly isn't.

Lambert was supposed to be a marked improvement on Mcleish.

Sherwood was supposed to be a makrked improvement on Lambert.

lets hope (next time) that the powers that be make a decision based on better criteria than experienced,PL manager out of work.

**** it, let's TRY and get the best we can get, even if that means tapping some bugger up.

Lambert was an improvement on McLueish and I never saw Sherwood as an improvement on Lambert. I think he would have kept us up and we could have replaced him in the summer but all that is the past and largely irrelevant.

As for tapping someone up we did that with Lambert and McLeish.

I just think it's highly unlikely Lerner will pay off Sherwood and pay to release a replacement.

• Like 1

I like the idea of Rodgers. Been a while since we had an experienced PL manager. Especially one coming from a side who have been fighting for the top. I would trust BR much more than the current lad.

Â