The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It says a lot about Sherwood that Adebayor took a pass on Villa...An over the hill out of contract striker turning down Aston Villa. Sad and very telling. 

Not sure if serious? Wasnt the guy all ready to sign but "didnt get a sign from god" or some bollocks? Think it says literally 0 about sherwood tbh. 

Weve become a shit team/club and adebayor (if he wanted to) is probably too good for us. It says stuff about adebayor. Not about sherwood tbh

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 3

If Sherwood does get replaced soon, and it is by Brendan Rodgers, I hope we get the Swansea version of him. I think the kind of thing in the below link would really give our younger players the freedom to express themselves:

Won't blame Rangel for error

In that article he says we try and pass our way out of trouble, can you imagine our team trying to pass their way out of trouble! It would end in disaster

If Sherwood does get replaced soon, and it is by Brendan Rodgers, I hope we get the Swansea version of him. I think the kind of thing in the below link would really give our younger players the freedom to express themselves:

Certainly an improvement on being a loser who the manager didn't want to sign who isn't fit when you lose and having a genius manager when you win.

I'd love to see us trying to play proper possession passing football, if Rodgers would bring that then I'm all for it.

As I've been saying for a few days, dead man walking.

Anything new? What makes you think that?

#itk

Why do clubs wait?

Not just talking about ourselves, you often hear this 'x amount of time to save there job'

Either you believe you have the best man for the job, in which case the next couple of results shouldn't matter.

Or you don't believe you have the best man for the job, in which case you get rid asp.

Never understood it myself.  

Certainly an improvement on being a loser who the manager didn't want to sign who isn't fit when you lose and having a genius manager when you win.

I'd love to see us trying to play proper possession passing football, if Rodgers would bring that then I'm all for it.

"inside this envelope are the names of three players who will let me down this season..."

I heard the argument that Rodgers doesn't deserve much credit for his time at Swansea, he simply carried on the work of Martinez and played to the teams strengths.

It might sound simple, but after the last 3/4 Managers, I'd bloody love a Manager that "only" plays to the strengths of his team.

Not a huge fan of Rodgers (I'd like to slap him every time he does that pathetic 'fist in the air' goal celebration) but he would be a massive upgrade on Sherwood - Personally I would go for Moyes as I think he could build something long term and should we go down this season he knows what is required to get a team promoted but given his links with Reilly and his availability Rodgers looks favourite

Get rid of Sherwood now - even if he miraculously delivers a win in the next two it is only delaying the enevitable

16 players out (5 loan) and 13 to come in,

Was always going to require more luck than judgement to work in such a short space of time. 

An uphill task even for an experienced manager thats not worked out. Really is no need for some of the abuse.

It's a shame he was forced to shift all those players and sign all those new ones...

• Like 2

Was always going to require more luck than judgement to work in such a short space of time. 

An uphill task even for an experienced manager thats not worked out. Really is no need for some of the abuse.

The common view last season was that Lambert was not getting the squad performing to its potential - most thought that we should be mid-table-ish

The common view in the summer was that this was a brilliant transfer window and that this was the best squad assembled for some time

Sherwood assured us that we would 'never be in trouble again'

I saw no-one in the summer predictiing that we would be in trouble

It is therefore somewhat revisionist to suggest that "even for an experienced manager this would be an uphill task"

Sherwood was a very bad appointment and has not got what it takes - the sooner we get rid the better

• Like 1

Actually, I think Sherwood was a good appointment for the job that needed doing.

The manager that was employed last season was employed to keep us up. That's it. And Sherwood did that.

Pushing on from there was a whole other job. 

Sherwood deserved the chance to have a crack at that job, given what he did last season. But all signs point towards him not being up for the job. The trick now is to get rid whilst we're still save-able. 

A purely personal (and maybe idiosyncratic) view, but I don't think we would have gone down anyway last season

However if I go along with your premise that we needed a new manager, my comments (and I think yours?) at the time were 'anyone other than Sherwood'.  If we had bought in someone with even a modicum of experience I think that we would have spent the £50m available in the summer better (perhaps on fewer, better players) and had more of a chance of integrating them into the team

Couldn't care less now, just want to see the back of Sherwood - almost anyone would be an improvement

• Like 1

I think people would be more accepting of that if his comments didnt expose him to be a total arsehole of the highest order.

Here's some examples

last season we will never be in this position again - this season well we are in a relegation battle and if we survive we will be stronger next season

before the season these are my players its my head on the line now no excuses - this season I was not allowed to sign the players I wanted

• Like 1

Actually, I think Sherwood was a good appointment for the job that needed doing.

The manager that was employed last season was employed to keep us up. That's it. And Sherwood did that.

Pushing on from there was a whole other job. 

Sherwood deserved the chance to have a crack at that job, given what he did last season. But all signs point towards him not being up for the job. The trick now is to get rid whilst we're still save-able. 

A purely personal (and maybe idiosyncratic) view, but I don't think we would have gone down anyway last season

However if I go along with your premise that we needed a new manager, my comments (and I think yours?) at the time were 'anyone other than Sherwood'.  If we had bought in someone with even a modicum of experience I think that we would have spent the £50m available in the summer better (perhaps on fewer, better players) and had more of a chance of integrating them into the team

Couldn't care less now, just want to see the back of Sherwood - almost anyone would be an improvement

I think we'd have gone down if we'd stuck with Lambert. I was a Lambert fan, but I think we were beyond saving.

But, whilst I aknowledge the job Sherwood did last season was a good one, I think there were other managers out there who would have kept us up too.

I think we'd have gone down if we'd stuck with Lambert. I was a Lambert fan, but I think we were beyond saving.

But, whilst I aknowledge the job Sherwood did last season was a good one, I think there were other managers out there who would have kept us up too.

Maybe you're right. Hull was a real low point.  

I can't stand Sherwood, but maybe he was the anti-Lambert that we needed to change our mindset last season.  This season he has proved that he has neither the ability, the experience nor the integrity to do the job.  Fox needs to move now before it's too late (if it's not already)

Edited by VillaCas

Â