The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Rodgers did well to finish second in the league with Liverpool. They might have spent a lot of money but I'm sure the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man United would have spent more, maybe even Tottenham too.

The "Rodgers spent millions and got nothing at Liverpool" argument always strikes me as stupid. 

The fact is, all the very best clubs in the world have good years and bad years of spending millions. For every bargain purchase who turns out well, you get a few duds. The difference between the most rich, elite clubs is that they can afford to spend big again the next year and the next. 

The fact is, I doubt under the current ownership Rodgers will be given a blank cheque anyway. All we really need are a great striker and a great center back -- and a better back-up keeper.

• Like 1

Apparently we've had scouts watching Embolo over the weekend. Not sure how we'd might afford him, but if we're to attract a good manager to replace Sherwood, then I suppose we'd have to make some money available to spend in January.

• Like 1

Apparently we've had scouts watching Embolo over the weekend. Not sure how we'd might afford him, but if we're to attract a good manager to replace Sherwood, then I suppose we'd have to make some money available to spend in January.

I saw a report recently that Basel had turned down a €25 million bid from someone, I believe it was Wolfsburg. If true, he is long gone from our radar.

• Like 1

I wonder if Sherwood already knows he is going, and the 'next two games' thing is down to Rodgers having a break / being on holiday?

possibly awaiting sorting his severance payment too - a short holiday and then ready to go?

I wonder if Sherwood already knows he is going, and the 'next two games' thing is down to Rodgers having a break / being on holiday?

possibly awaiting sorting his severance payment too - a short holiday and then ready to go?

Yep that would be my thoughts.

I saw a report recently that Basel had turned down a €25 million bid from someone, I believe it was Wolfsburg. If true, he is long gone from our radar.

If we're still in big trouble in January then Lerner might feel he has to spend relatively big. But doubtful it will be on Embolo, if Basel have already turned down a  €25M bid.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Seems like there is a civil war inside the club given all these recent leaks. It also seems like the board are sounding out replacements for Sherwood, which is a step in the right direction. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

No, they'd get a caretaker in rather than risk that. Sherwood didn't exactly take being let go by Spurs well and you wouldn't let a man with than mentality control your team after he'd been 'scorned'. 

I can see why Rodgers would be in the frame. The man perhaps more responsible than any other person for the hires last summer -- head of recruitment Paddy Reilly -- was at Liverpool for part of the same time as Rodgers. Surely they know each other? May not mean much, but I've read that Reilly is super influential in the hierarchy ...

I think it's going to be Rodgers.

Patrick Riley

Director of Scouting & Player Recruitment

Whittington, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Sports
Current
  1. Aston Villa Football Club
Previous
  1. Liverpool Football Club
  2. Aston Villa Football Club
Education
  1. Liverpool John Moores University

He lives in my 2000 population village :)

Didn't know that!

• Like 3

given our net spend was pretty much zero and we got the thick end of £100million for staying up surely we can find the £5-6milliob required to sack Sherwood and hire a more competent manager like Rodgers. *

*that was my first thought when reading your post,then I remembered who our owner is

• Like 1

I can see why Rodgers would be in the frame. The man perhaps more responsible than any other person for the hires last summer -- head of recruitment Paddy Reilly -- was at Liverpool for part of the same time as Rodgers. Surely they know each other? May not mean much, but I've read that Reilly is super influential in the hierarchy ...

I think it's going to be Rodgers.

Patrick Riley

Director of Scouting & Player Recruitment

Whittington, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Sports
Current
  1. Aston Villa Football Club
Previous
  1. Liverpool Football Club
  2. Aston Villa Football Club
Education
  1. Liverpool John Moores University

He lives in my 2000 population village :)

Didn't know that!

Have a word. He should not be too hard to find.

Â