The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Totally agree Kingman.

He is either the right manager to take us forward or he isn't and that decision should be made on all aspects of the job he is doing and how he is conducting himself.

I fail to see how the next two games change anything.  

I am guessing that they are giving sherwood these two games because he did keep us up and get up to our first fa cup final in how many years. otherwise i think he would have been sacked

I dont think Rodgers is as bad as some suggest. I think we have the kind of players Rodgers like, the likes of Traore, Veretout. Lets face it Liverpool fans are never happy, think be  abig coup for us. I would prefer moyes though

• Like 2

N'Zogbia will get picked and spring to life, knowing his contract is running out. He will turn things around for Timmy Two Games and play magnificently until some time in February, when the club reward him and Tim with handsome new contracts. Later that afternoon N'Z suffers another penis injury and is unable ever to lace on a pair of football boots for the rest of his luxurious days. Aston Villa are relegated as the loss of an in-form Zog unmasks the glaring managerial deficiencies.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
Factual update
  • Like 3

To be honest I'm past caring which muppet is in charge, seems like none of them are any good.

Moyes couldn't do a thing right at OT, Rogers couldn't at Liverpool. Neither inspire my confidence but at least they have some experience of doing reasonably well at Everton and Swansea.

What I do know is Sherwood is going to relegate us so why waste 2 more games on him?

To be honest I'm past caring which muppet is in charge, seems like none of them are any good.

Moyes couldn't do a thing right at OT, Rogers couldn't at Liverpool. Neither inspire my confidence but at least they have some experience of doing reasonably well at Everton and Swansea.

What I do know is Sherwood is going to relegate us so why waste 2 more games on him?

A mauling at the bridge followed by a cry-baby outburst from Tim could be enough. Some papers saying he's in trouble with Rodgers potentially waiting in the wings.

On Rodgers, he finished 2nd in the league which isn't a bad acheivement surely, they had Suarez before then and didn't get close.

Totally agree Kingman.

He is either the right manager to take us forward or he isn't and that decision should be made on all aspects of the job he is doing and how he is conducting himself.

I fail to see how the next two games change anything.  

I am guessing that they are giving sherwood these two games because he did keep us up and get up to our first fa cup final in how many years. otherwise i think he would have been sacked

I dont think Rodgers is as bad as some suggest. I think we have the kind of players Rodgers like, the likes of Traore, Veretout. Lets face it Liverpool fans are never happy, think be  abig coup for us. I would prefer moyes though

Two games should make no difference whatsoever. Lets assume best case and we win both of them. Then we go on another rune of losses and back to square one. I really cant see what difference it makes. It is international week end and the Sunday papers are notorious for drumming up 'news' when its a quiet footballing week end. If (and i hope it does happen) he goes i personallly wouldnt want Buck Rodgers as many in the know have also questioned his tactics and substitutions. Continually plays players out of position. I would however go to pool in January to get some decent players as i think many will be available and are Villa type of players. Ings and Allen for two as under there new manager i doubt they will fit in.

The manager is a Charlie Big Spuds who is proving to be tactically inept, either that or he is playing games with the clubs hierarchy ref transfer policy because he didn't get his main targets. He needs to go otherwise its four local derbies next season.

We really do not want Brenda as manager.

As a Villan living in Liverpool, the guys press confs are worse than anything we see at Villa.

Judge him in 3 years he said, spent over £250,000,000 he did, played players out of pos, never knew his strongest 11 or best formation.

No, just no. We've missed the boat on Big Sam (yes ppl might not like his brand of football) but what has he done at West Ham? Built a squad that can with stand the prem league and brought them stability.

I fear no matter who comes in, we're doomed to go down.

I can see why Rodgers would be in the frame. The man perhaps more responsible than any other person for the hires last summer -- head of recruitment Paddy Reilly -- was at Liverpool for part of the same time as Rodgers. Surely they know each other? May not mean much, but I've read that Reilly is super influential in the hierarchy ...

I think it's going to be Rodgers.

Patrick Riley

Director of Scouting & Player Recruitment

Whittington, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Sports
Current
  1. Aston Villa Football Club
Previous
  1. Liverpool Football Club
  2. Aston Villa Football Club
Education
  1. Liverpool John Moores University
Edited by Plastic Man

Reilly is very influential at VP and is close to Rodgers you are correct on both those things.

That isn't any kind of hint from me about anything, just confirming you are right.

Yep and I have no doubt in my mind Rodgers will be our number one target because of that reason. Maybe Rodgers went for a top job too quickly just like Moyes. Rodgers was fantastic and Swansea and I think we are under-achieving greatly

Randy said in the summer that we'd be following the Swansea/Southampton model, and obviously Rodgers played his part in what Swansea achieved, so must be of interest. But if they really want him they should do it now, rather than wait. If they dally around he might end up at Newcastle or somewhere else.

• Like 4

Randy said in the summer that we'd be following the Swansea/Southampton model, and obviously Rodgers played his part in what Swansea achieved, so must be of interest. But if they really want him they should do it now, rather than wait. If they dally around he might end up at Newcastle or somewhere else.

It's only six days until Chelsea. If Tim loses that, I think he'll be out -- never mind the "two games" thing. A loss against an out-of-form Chelsea will be another straw on the camel's back, and I think it would give the hierarchy the "cover" they need to make a move (sorry for the mixed metaphors!).

Meanwhile, in these next six days, I suspect that someone from VP -- perhaps someone who knows him such as Paddy Reilly -- will be seeking to communicate to Rodgers' the club's interest. That interest could also come through targeted leaks to the press rather than directly. We won't know about how this works because it won't be officially sanctioned but rather unofficially allowed to take place.

In any case, esp. given the critical mass of disfavor in the media, I think Tim's time is done very soon.

But if he wins against Chelsea ... hmmmm ... that COULD delay things. But I'm not so sure even that would make enough difference. 

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 3

Beating Chelsea away would be our best Premier league result since beating Arsenal away on opening day of 2013 season so I'd suggest it would buy him quite a bit longer.

As it is I can see him limping on to Spurs away game but lose that and he wouldn't survive imo as there's another two week international break in November so you have to think that's the ideal time then as xmas period is massive for us, we need someone competant managing us who can be relied upon to pick up points and wins for us. That isn't Sherwood.

• Like 2

On Sunday Supplement when discussing Sherwood Patrick Barclay almost immediately mentioned Rodgers.

Just saying.

And with one or two new finished-artlcle, spend-to-save-the-club January transfers that Rodgers had a hand in-- a striker and a defender? -- we could be sitting pretty. Will still be a huge challenge for Villa no matter what, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Rodgers will have no problem getting another prem job or could even go abroad if he wanted.

It's different expectations isn't it, sadly we're a long way from achieving what Liverpool want to achieve which wasn't the case 6 years ago.

I just want a manager who y'know can win us some games consistantly and give us a comfortable mid table season.

I've lost faith Sherwood can do that.

• Like 1

Â