The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Frankly I am surprised that there is so little discontent. Some ok signings but not enough to suggest to me we are going to be any better than last season. Without Benteke up front I cannot see where the goals are going to come from. As always we will be scratting round at the last minute or end up bringing in the likes of Adebayor. Hopefully Sherwood will pull out a few surprises but I see only a few reasons to be cheerful at the moment and more other reasons to be concerned.

Me too. But it's a blend of wanting to scream in hysteria at our current situation and just throwing my arms in the air and giving up for me. It's the quiet before the storm.

Some people are optimistic we'll be better off overall, others are convinced we're doomed. But, more than any other season, we head in to the next one with a great amount of uncertainty in what we'll produce. We could start with 5/6/7 new faces in the first XI, mostly unknown names to the masses, playing in a new way that doesn't focus on lumping the ball to Benteke. So neither group really has enough evidence to suggest it will be better/ worse.

It really is a case of wait and see.

The deal for Benteke, as quoted, has us getting paid in 2 installments of 16m...the first paid immediately, but structured this way, we arent quite money bags FC...

Nonetheless i expect more signings. ...we should be mid table material. Not great, but decent value and not relegation fodder. For me, its a massive improvement.

All deals are, so when we buy players it will be structured the same.

The deal for Benteke, as quoted, has us getting paid in 2 installments of 16m...the first paid immediately, but structured this way, we arent quite money bags FC...

Nonetheless i expect more signings. ...we should be mid table material. Not great, but decent value and not relegation fodder. For me, its a massive improvement.

I didn't know all payments to all selling clubs are made in two installments

Interesting on Talksport how Darren Gough was commenting on the John Stones interest from Chelsea, talking about 25-30m transfer fee......and saying strikers go for much more than defenders.

How the bloody hell do other clubs do it?....sell well I Mean.

If it happens, it puts our Benteke deal in the shade.

Tim did say that we're not going to get a replacement with that (32,5 mill) money, so at least he is aware Benteke goes/went for too little. Edited by AVTuco

Unproven in the Premier league solid signings. Alot of players look flash in Europe.

Are you Martin O'Niell?

Now now we'll have no contretemps here :)

What you gonna do?

Set your rabid beardy Irish sidekick on us?

I am still seeing randoms coming in.

Bizarre to call Gueye and Amavi "randoms".

Just bizarre.

And just a bit...well, random.

What he was trying to say was "I've never heard of them so they must be shit"

• Like 1

I reckon we'll lose to Bournemouth.

Everyone will go absolutely mental and it'll be all doom and gloom.

But we'll end up having a comfortable season once everyone settles.

Basically, the opposite of last season's cluster ****

Wish I had your confidence. On paper the team looks shite. We were shite with Delph and Benteke, a couple of unproven Premier League players signed, an possibly Adebayor coming in, is gonna change................................wait for it............................ feck all!!

"WHERE ARE THE BIG MONEY SIGNINGS". For once we are, or will be feckin loaded and I am still seeing randoms coming in.

You call them randoms. Others would call them solid signings.

So would I.

And me. The best young left back in Europe and a midfielder probably better than Delph.  :thumb:  :thumb:

Interesting on Talksport how Darren Gough was commenting on the John Stones interest from Chelsea, talking about 25-30m transfer fee......and saying strikers go for much more than defenders.

How the bloody hell do other clubs do it?....sell well I Mean.

If it happens, it puts our Benteke deal in the shade.

it helps they have good players to sell in the 1st place ;)

I reckon we'll lose to Bournemouth.

Everyone will go absolutely mental and it'll be all doom and gloom.

But we'll end up having a comfortable season once everyone settles.

Basically, the opposite of last season's cluster ****

Wish I had your confidence. On paper the team looks shite. We were shite with Delph and Benteke, a couple of unproven Premier League players signed, an possibly Adebayor coming in, is gonna change................................wait for it............................ feck all!!

"WHERE ARE THE BIG MONEY SIGNINGS". For once we are, or will be feckin loaded and I am still seeing randoms coming in.

You call them randoms. Others would call them solid signings.

So would I.

And me. The best young left back in Europe and a midfielder probably better than Delph. :thumb::thumb:

I completely agree, but Delph hardly kept us up last season, Benteke did. I hardly think Adebayor is a replacement. I'm certainly not gonna jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon, but I'm feeling a little cautious in regards to my optimism, at least until another striker comes in.

I didn't know all payments to all selling clubs are made in two installments

Yeah it seems to be very rare that substantial transfers of players are paid in full upfront so I don't think this hinders our potential of recruiting players with that money as we will structure deals the same way when purchasing a player.

Â