The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yep, I agree with that...I never said Lambert was perfect, I just questioned what our budget would be to get someone better.  I always questioend that the kind of person who would come would have to accept lerners mission of total non-ambition.

Those within the game know that. I can’t remember if it was Big Ron or Brian Little that once said if you can get it right at Villa it will take off and be huge and I think those within the game still realise that and want to be the one to get it right here. 

I actually think Clough said it in the 1970's

Given I don’t go back as far as the 70’s mate then someone else must have repeated what he said as I definitely remember it being said by one of our previous managers.

Regardless of who said it and when it is still true now.

Wait, there were people who even after the Horror show in Hull DIDN'T want Paul Lambert sacked? That boggles my mind and I was a supporter of his for a very long time.

The last few games turned me, I actually did say someting along the line at that point "enough is enough, this can't go on...scoring no goals...I don't care if we can't get anyone better something has to change even my mom have us making at least an attempt on goal in these games".

But hte end was drastically bad, and for a very long time I was misguided I think...

• Like 1

Sherwood, regardless of whether he can cut it himself, certainly has a decent experienced staff around him now.

I don't think we'll lose too many games for reasons of bad preparation or tactical ineptitude.

With the squad age reduced, money back in the bank, and wages under control, Sherwood has to be given a fair chance to improve his squad. If the squad is this or similar going into the season I don't think Sherwood can take too much blame if we end up bottom at Christmas to be honest.

I said similar comments about Lambert that he'd done everything he could with the tools available. He had to be given fair backing if we were to improve. I lost faith in Lambert in the end. For God's sake let's not refuse to back Sherwood as well, and then be calling for him to be sacked in December when it hasn't worked out.

Even if Sherwood doesn't convince everybody at this stage he has to be allowed a fair crack by the club. If not he may as well walk to save himself from a similar fate to Lambert.

Given I don’t go back as far as the 70’s mate then someone else must have repeated what he said as I definitely remember it being said by one of our previous managers.

If you get Aston Villa right it is a fantastic club and a massive one at that, says Paul Lambert

If you get Aston Villa right it is a fantastic club and a massive one at that, says Paul Lambert

Surely it was the snake just before he had his citeh medical?

Wait, there were people who even after the Horror show in Hull DIDN'T want Paul Lambert sacked? That boggles my mind and I was a supporter of his for a very long time.

The last few games turned me, I actually did say someting along the line at that point "enough is enough, this can't go on...scoring no goals...I don't care if we can't get anyone better something has to change even my mom have us making at least an attempt on goal in these games".

But hte end was drastically bad, and for a very long time I was misguided I think...

Yeah, I wanted him gone pretty much just before he was. I actually have it on pretty good authority that whichever manager lost that match was going to be sacked, it really was a blessing in disguise.

Didnt know where to post but can somebody give me a quick tldr on how we have looked so far preseason? I know a lot of it is about fitness but still interesting to know

formations? Whos played bad, whos played good? Possession or direct or both? Any youth players?

Edited by gharperr

Tim, tell Randy, with that cockney charm to give you the edge, that you want £20m over our net transfer dealings. With £20m spent already that should leave you with around £38m from sales.

£15m on Rolan

£10m on another striker

£8m on Praet

£5m on Milosevic

Together with the first teamers already signed, that would be a good window.

Didnt know where to post but can somebody give me a quick tldr on how we have looked so far preseason? I know a lot of it is about fitness but still interesting to know

formations? Whos played bad, whos played good? Possession or direct or both? Any youth players?

Everybody has been playing so it's all about fitness. I think from the Wolves game next week we'll start to get an idea of formation and team for Bournemouth. Most 1st team played 60+ min this week either at Swindon or Forest Green. Edited by dn1982

Allegedly refusing to do media after friendly games according to the Mirror, saying it's a time for action instead of words. Basically he's completely pissed off.

Did some interviews before the snake left, I wonder what's pissed him off

Allegedly refusing to do media after friendly games according to the Mirror, saying it's a time for action instead of words. Basically he's completely pissed off.

Did some interviews before the snake left, I wonder what's pissed him off

Both him and Wilkins spoke so highly of Snake that week that for him to leave as he did no wonder a wall of silence has built up for now.

It's not the owner's fault that two of Sherwood's best players have bailed on him. If Lerner hasn't kept promises about transfer funds I'd say we'll know all about it. Sherwood's not exactly shy in front of the media is he? Gregory was more than happy to point the spotlight on Ellis back in the day. Sherwood would do something similar IMHO.

I don't blame him at this point in time.  Very little good can come from interviewing now.  It would just be about Delph and Benteke and there's not much that can be added to that story.  Best to wait until some arrivals come in and then talk about the club looking forward to the season with the fresh blood on board.

• Like 4

Â