The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm not confident. When you look at what everyone else is doing when we are buying a few randoms. Could you predict a confident win at Bournemouth, id doubt it!

"Randoms" = players from the foreign leagues I presume?

Yeah, the Sanchez's, Tonev's, Okore's

or Benteke's

I see, just interested to know what 'everyone else' is doing differently then in that regard.

Edited by Isa

I can understand Talksport's negativity regarding Villa. We have lost our two best players + Cleverley and no buyer in sight. It depends on who Sherwood brings in and whether these players can hit the ground running. We cannot afford a slow start because that will create a lot of negativity.

Its the fact they totally ignore us buying one of the highest rated LB in Europe so our defence is actually better and we've signed a highly rated midfielder to help out in midfield. We can't buy a striker until Benteke has gone and then we will have 20-30m to spend to improve the rest of the team. We are an easy target at the minute so it seems every one is piling in. The press love Sherwood when he's giving them sound bites but they would love for him and us to fail. Sir Alex used get a siege mentality going to inspire the team I can see Sherwood doing the same.

I can understand Talksport's negativity regarding Villa. We have lost our two best players + Cleverley and no buyer in sight. It depends on who Sherwood brings in and whether these players can hit the ground running. We cannot afford a slow start because that will create a lot of negativity. 

Negativity from whom? and directed at whom?

On here  ;)

Its the fact they totally ignore us buying one of the highest rated LB in Europe so our defence is actually better and we've signed a highly rated midfielder to help out in midfield. We can't buy a striker until Benteke has gone and then we will have 20-30m to spend to improve the rest of the team. We are an easy target at the minute so it seems every one is piling in. The press love Sherwood when he's giving them sound bites but they would love for him and us to fail. Sir Alex used get a siege mentality going to inspire the team I can see Sherwood doing the same.

Yes I like the signings so far but they won't have much bedding in time. 

On here  ;)

Ah! Hopefully not. Hopefully people will realise we need to really get behind the team and fight through this shitty situation.

I'm not confident. When you look at what everyone else is doing when we are buying a few randoms. Could you predict a confident win at Bournemouth, id doubt it!

"Randoms" = players from the foreign leagues I presume?

or Benteke's

Ohhh, yeah, the one good signing out of 10+ others. 

Im not completely negative about the situation or the players we have signed. But it will only take 2 maybe 3 loses against the shit (although I think now we can count ourselves as part of them) for the negativity to set in. 

The last 3 weeks signings will be the making of the team in 2015-2016 for me!

I reckon we'll lose to Bournemouth.

Everyone will go absolutely mental and it'll be all doom and gloom.

But we'll end up having a comfortable season once everyone settles.

Basically, the opposite of last season's cluster ****

Wish I had your confidence. On paper the team looks shite. We were shite with Delph and Benteke, a couple of unproven Premier League players signed, an possibly Adebayor coming in, is gonna change................................wait for it............................ feck all!!

"WHERE ARE THE BIG MONEY SIGNINGS". For once we are, or will be feckin loaded and I am still seeing randoms coming in.

You call them randoms. Others would call them solid signings.

So would I.

On here  ;)

Ah! Hopefully not. Hopefully people will realise we need to really get behind the team and fight through this shitty situation.

I hope so too

• Like 1

On paper Amavi and Gueye have the attributes to do well in this league and I think they will do very well for us.

I'm happy with the approach we are taking and it's something i've wanted to see albeit under different circumstances.

I can understand why people are probably worried but think so far our recruitment has been refreshing.

Not to mention the strength of the Pound against the Euro currently too which so far the club have done well to take advantage of.

On paper Amavi and Gueye have the attributes to do well in this league and I think they will do very well for us.

I'm happy with the approach we are taking and it's something i've wanted to see albeit under different circumstances.

I can understand why people are probably worried but think so far our recruitment has been refreshing.

Not to mention the strength of the Pound against the Euro currently too which so far the club have done well to take advantage of.

....but we play on grass :)

• Like 1

On here  ;)

It's already started on here!

Interesting on Talksport how Darren Gough was commenting on the John Stones interest from Chelsea, talking about 25-30m transfer fee......and saying strikers go for much more than defenders.

How the bloody hell do other clubs do it?....sell well I Mean.

If it happens, it puts our Benteke deal in the shade.

I'm quite impressed how patient the majority of the fans are ATM. I still think we need 4, and there's not a lot of time to bed them in. I hope we do our significant work before the KO, and not go all MON lastminute.com.

in hindsight, it may well be that the departure of benteke and delph force / allow TS to pull together a much more balanced squad that is something that we have struggled with for the last several years. It has struck me that, for example our midfield balance has been wrong for a long time with three lightweight midfielders preventing us from playing with a talented no 10. our lack of true wingers and therefore playing gabby and AW on the wings is another case in point.

I just get the sense now that we're going to split up our one true asset of value benteke into say three players that may be net better - a forward battery of gil, grealish, cole in the middle and with Sinclair, zoggy and a new winger, say Andros townsend feeding into two strikers of the like of adebayor and Austin, as well as gabby, kozak, and  I think will be just fine.

if we are creating more chances, I'm sure TS will put someone there who is capable of finishing them - I can truly see what we end up with scoring more goals than we did last season...

Of course, i'd have loved benteke to be that guy, but he didn't want to be.... i'm not going to cry over that...

In terms of defence, again I'm ok with the way its looking - CBs of Ciaran, Richards, okore, baker - i'll take that... bacuna did well where he was and I wouldn't be surprised if that position was strengthened... Sherwood has looked to take care of the LB position once and for all and has not thrown peanuts at it - at 10m, i'll back amavi to be quality...

which leaves us to midfield - cleverly and delph were high energy strong players towards the end of last season, but both of them chose not to be at the club this season... so what have we got in midfield -

defensive midfield - sanchez and gueye

creative midfield - grealish, gil, cole

other midfield - westwood, gardner, Richardson

this is light in terms of depth, but a lot will depend on whether gueye hits the ground running...

i think that Sherwood is doing just fine at the moment, bearing in mind he's had to handle a number of body blows, none of which were of his making...

bring on the new signings and august 8th...

UTV

Frankly I am surprised that there is so little discontent. Some ok signings but not enough to suggest to me we are going to be any better than last season. Without Benteke up front I cannot see where the goals are going to come from. As always we will be scratting round at the last minute or end up bringing in the likes of Adebayor. Hopefully Sherwood will pull out a few surprises but I see only a few reasons to be cheerful at the moment and more other reasons to be concerned.

• Like 1

The deal for Benteke, as quoted, has us getting paid in 2 installments of 16m...the first paid immediately, but structured this way, we arent quite money bags FC...

Nonetheless i expect more signings. ...we should be mid table material. Not great, but decent value and not relegation fodder. For me, its a massive improvement.

Â