The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Anyone else think we will be the dark horse of the league this year? I can see a lot of people who don't take much notice of us thinking we're going to be awful without delph and benteke, but I think we've made good signings and will continue to do so. I think Clark, Okore and Grealish will continue to get better and I think Gil will play a big part for us. Sherwood and Wilkins will get the best out of the squad and I can see us surprising a lot of people with how we play and where we finish this year.

I'm not confident. When you look at what everyone else is doing when we are buying a few randoms. Could you predict a confident win at Bournemouth, id doubt it!

• Like 1

Anyone else think we will be the dark horse of the league this year?  I can see a lot of people who don't take much notice of us thinking we're going to be awful without delph and benteke, but I think we've made good signings and will continue to do so.  I think Clark, Okore and Grealish will continue to get better and I think Gil will play a big part for us.  Sherwood and Wilkins will get the best out of the squad and I can see us surprising a lot of people with how we play and where we finish this year.

we will be that team nobody wants to play compared to the easy 3 points we used to be

I reckon we'll lose to Bournemouth.

Everyone will go absolutely mental and it'll be all doom and gloom.

But we'll end up having a comfortable season once everyone settles.

Basically, the opposite of last season's cluster ****

• Like 2

Wish I had your confidence. On paper the team looks shite. We were shite with Delph and Benteke, a couple of unproven Premier League players signed, an possibly Adebayor coming in, is gonna change................................wait for it............................ feck all!!

"WHERE ARE THE BIG MONEY SIGNINGS". For once we are, or will be feckin loaded and I am still seeing randoms coming in.

Wish I had your confidence. On paper the team looks shite. We were shite with Delph and Benteke, a couple of unproven Premier League players signed, an possibly Adebayor coming in, is gonna change................................wait for it............................ feck all!!

"WHERE ARE THE BIG MONEY SIGNINGS". For once we are, or will be feckin loaded and I am still seeing randoms coming in.

You call them randoms. Others would call them solid signings.

You call them randoms. Others would call them solid signings.

Unproven in the Premier league solid signings. Alot of players look flash in Europe.

Some of the best players in the world have no PL experience. That shouldn't be a deal breaking criteria.

in fairness if offered I would take Lee Cattermole and Victor Anichebe instead of Messi and Iniesta

Some of the best players in the world have no PL experience. That shouldn't be a deal breaking criteria.

in fairness if offered I would take Lee Cattermole and Victor Anichebe instead of Messi and Iniesta

Now that is Martin O'Neill.

• Like 1

I'm not confident. When you look at what everyone else is doing when we are buying a few randoms. Could you predict a confident win at Bournemouth, id doubt it!

"Randoms" = players from the foreign leagues I presume?

We're heading into the unknown with Sherwood really. Some think it'll work out fine, others are really worried by the prospect.

I think the signings so far have been good signings for a club in our position.

If a new goalkeeper, defender, central midfielder and two strikers were all to come in from now and all do reasonably ok then I'd fancy us to do well this season.

Yes Sherwood has lost two huge players which is a big blow, but the rebuild of the whole 11-18 may make us stronger than any Lambert side.

We're heading into the unknown with Sherwood really. Some think it'll work out fine, others are really worried by the prospect.

I think the signings so far have been good signings for a club in our position.

If a new goalkeeper, defender, central midfielder and two strikers were all to come in from now and all do reasonably ok then I'd fancy us to do well this season.

Yes Sherwood has lost two huge players which is a big blow, but the rebuild of the whole 11-18 may make us stronger than any Lambert side.

Unproven in the Premier league solid signings. Alot of players look flash in Europe.

Are you Martin O'Niell?

Now now we'll have no contretemps here :)

You get a like for teaching me a new word!

It was a reference to the NRC / Martin O'Neill spat :)

There was a bit of a contretemps between myself and Nigel, which usually happens between players really and the manager separates them. There were no fisticuffs. There was no wrestling to the ground. I don't remember lying on the floor. But it was enough for me to treat the incident seriously. Nigel won't play [tomorrow]. I have given him the weekend off and so it's entirely up to him if he comes to the match."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/18/martin-oneill-nigel-reo-coker

• Like 1

I can understand Talksport's negativity regarding Villa. We have lost our two best players + Cleverley and no buyer in sight. It depends on who Sherwood brings in and whether these players can hit the ground running. We cannot afford a slow start because that will create a lot of negativity. 

I can understand Talksport's negativity regarding Villa. We have lost our two best players + Cleverley and no buyer in sight. It depends on who Sherwood brings in and whether these players can hit the ground running. We cannot afford a slow start because that will create a lot of negativity. 

Negativity from whom? and directed at whom?

Edited by sexbelowsound

"Randoms" = players from the foreign leagues I presume?

Yeah, the Sanchez's, Tonev's, Okore's

Â