The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

In sure he is far too busy and taking a very hands on roll on the transfer front.

I just don't get the panic that is starting to set in.

This coming from the guy who tells us he wouldn't be surprised if Tim walks, lol

I don't think that would be cause for panic.

I think we're finally working towards being a club that doesn't collapse when/if the manager leaves. i.e. we don't have to start again from scratch every time there's a managerial change.

Losing Sherwood at this stage would be a blow. But it wouldn't be panic inducing

(not that I think it will happen at all.)

Losing our manager now, would be real cause for panic.

a) Attributed to the fact that the manager probably left becuase he wasn't being backed - again.

B) The clown has to get a new manager to replace him

c) The season starts very soon.

d) The transfer window will shut pretty soon.

I don't think he's going either, so it's a moot point...it was a tongue in cheek pop at Trent rather, he was insinuating calm but he had his own moments in the Delph ordeal.  Nothing sinister :)

• Like 1

In sure he is far too busy and taking a very hands on roll on the transfer front.

Neither do i, where has all the "we've got no money" talk come from?

Well I don't think Lerner wil invest £20m net as some do but I think the money from sales will be reinvested and hope that with it spread over a few players we can be a better team as a result.

Ok lets get this in perspective why people are panicking.  We have brought 4 players in.  1 I don’t really count as he was brought in Jan and the team didn’t improve, 1 was on a free (I personally feel he will be a good signing but that could go either way) and 2 who look good but are untested in premiership.  Also add to that selling our two best players by a country mile.  We are playing a must win game in 2 weeks’ time and our two game winners have gone and haven’t been replaced! 

People on here are getting their hopes up on the likes of Gill and Guzan, both who were cast out by Sherwood and the likes of OKore who looked like a div3 player at the end of the season to compensate.  Also getting carried away with 2 10mil signings as we haven’t done it in years.  There might also be a upbeat mood among fans that he is finally getting rid of the chaff, which is great,  but they have to be replaced whatever way you look at it.     

I dont see there is need to panic yet, there is still time to replace Benteke and Delph which is what we need to do. The window has been good so far, maybe we will replace Guzan too but who knows.

We have replaced Given with Bunn, Vlaar with Richards, Cleverley has gone but Gardner and Gueye have come into midfield, Wiemann has gone but Sinclair has replaced him. Also Kozak is back in the first team.

Bent,Burke,Sylla,Lowton and Stevens have also left but none of them were first team players anyway. I expect at least 2/3 more signings before the window closes

• Like 1

This coming from the guy who tells us he wouldn't be surprised if Tim walks, lol

No, I didn't say that.

What I said following the seeming collapse of the takeover and the U turn of Delph was I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Pretty big difference between the two things.

• Like 1

Your comments about net spend will have gone someway to creating that panic

I don't see why.

We are about to sell someone for £32.5m and I think that money will be reinvested and we've already made some good signings.

Just because I don't think we will see a net spend of £20m doesn't mean we aren't signing people or improving the side.

I don't see why.

We are about to sell someone for £32.5m and I think that money will be reinvested and we've already made some good signings.

Just because I don't think we will see a net spend of £20m doesn't mean we aren't signing people or improving the side.

I think if Randy could allow a net spend if £10mil meaning TS has roughly £30mil left would allow us a lot more room to sort the squad out.

A net spend of zero whilst not the end of the world just makes things that little bit tighter.

• Like 1

I don't see why.

I think if Randy could allow a net spend if £10mil meaning TS has roughly £30mil left would allow us a lot more room to sort the squad out.

A net spend of zero whilst not the end of the world just makes things that little bit tighter.

I agree, although I've not said no net spend either :)

• Like 1

I don't see why.

Surely if we had £10m above and beyond sales we've more like £40m left?

I'm really excited myself. That's 3/4 really good players, add in a couple of loans and we've virtually built a new squad in the course of 1 summer.

Really not sold on Sherwood.  I think he summer we have had has been tough,  a couple of the signings I am happy with,  I'm not sure about him personally,  I think Wilkins appointment is wise but there is something about him.  I think if we sign Adebayor my worries about him will intensify as I just dont rate Adebayor at all and I dont want Sherwood to use Villa to score a point over Spurs.

However, I wouldnt want him to walk just yet as that would leave us with pearson

• Like 1

If theres not going to be any net spend then where is all the sky money going. Anyway back to the topic. I'm just concerned that Sherwood is not going to get the backing he deserves. You loose your best two players and Cleverley as well, who played a big part in our relegation escape. Tim has got a tougher job than any manger we've had since Graham Taylor first took over. 

Edited by PaulC

Really not sold on Sherwood.  I think he summer we have had has been tough,  a couple of the signings I am happy with,  I'm not sure about him personally,  I think Wilkins appointment is wise but there is something about him.  I think if we sign Adebayor my worries about him will intensify as I just dont rate Adebayor at all and I dont want Sherwood to use Villa to score a point over Spurs.

However, I wouldnt want him to walk just yet as that would leave us with pearson

I feel similar

I want him to succeed when he came into the club he was like a breath of fresh air compared to the previous manager

If we sign Adebayor i will be disappointed but it's probably a sad indication of where we are as a club at the minute

A selling one with zero ambition other than to stay in the division which will be a tough ask this time round

Edited by AshVilla

Hmm, I have no reasons to doubt sherwood yet...I am looking forward to what he can do...as long as he's backed.

My doubts firmly lie on the door of a one mr randy lerner, and his ability to grasp the simple concept of speculate to accumulate and that a football club will die if it doesn't get investment.  He just doesn't get that he's going to sink his investment if he doesn't keep it alive.

It seems Sherwood is getting held to a higher standard by some than for pervious managers. Sherwood so far hasn't put a foot wrong for me. He's kept us up got us playing exciting football and even got us to win an FA Cup semi final. I've blotted out the remainder of that competition. Then this summer he's brought in Wilkins to help with the stuff he isn't good at. A sign of a good manager is knowing your weaknesses. On the transfer front he's got rid of a load of deadwood and brought in 2 highly rated French players one of which impressed last night. He's convinced Richards to come which as a symbol is good and time will tell if he's a good player still. We are linked with Adebayor who's record on the pitch and particulary under TS is very good but some who don't know him would rather judge on reports of his attitude rather than ability and use this to bash TS. Sherwood has also had to deal with a prolonged Benteke transfer and Delph shambles in his 1st preseason which would test even the most experienced manager but we will end up with nearly £40m from them so its np not all bad and if he can spend that on the level of player he's signed so far we will be in a good position Hong into the season.

• Like 2

It seems Sherwood is getting held to a higher standard by some than for pervious managers.......

Seen this a few times.  That's because they are different people and different times.  It's very similar to when I get told I cant compare Ellis to Lerner

Richard I am not being funny but the only reason you wouldn’t want him to walk yet is that we would end up with Pearson. Really? This from someone who never wanted Lambert out despite him serving up the worst runs of results in the clubs history.

Not the only reason.  But hey look as Ive said above I have a different opinion,  I have differing opinions on lots of stuff

It seems Sherwood is getting held to a higher standard by some than for pervious managers.......

Seen this a few times.  That's because they are different people and different times.  It's very similar to when I get told I cant compare Ellis to Lerner[/quote

What more could Sherwood have done last season? He did everything and more that was asked of him. He took a team that was on the floor and looking like certain relegation candidates and kept them up. Why should Sherwood be held to a higher standard than say Lambert for example? Seeing as it was his players Sherwood kept us up with.

Dont understand what all the panic is about. Sherwood has come in and added a different thinking to the club. I even think Lerner has come round to his thinking as well. We still have a few weeks of transfer time & Im sure that Lerner will make more funds available to meet Sherwoods plans. However, its difficult to change the perception from other people, ie agents of players that we would like to join our club. The mentality of possibly being in another relegation battle this season affects the thought process of changing clubs. Hopefully, Sherwood & his team are able to convince enough talent to have faith in the rebuilding process at the club & want to be part of something new & exciting. I have faith, its up to us as the Villa faithful to support him.

Â