The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Noticed he hasn't been as vocal as her normally is in the media. Said nothing in Delph or Benteke. Anyone know why we left some of the squad out yesterday?

I think he spoke before both transfers and made his feelings known, and now they have left/leaving their is nothing more to add other than maybe a john Gregory statement! Instead he's got his head into the game of transfers and been professional.
  • Like 1

Football fans are a funny bunch. In need of constant reassurance and validation.

I was sceptical about Sherwood's ability to build a squad and move the team forward but from what I've seen so far I've been impressed. There is still what? 6 weeks of the window left? Let's judge at the end.

• Like 3

Football fans are a funny bunch. In need of constant reassurance and validation.

I was sceptical about Sherwood's ability to build a squad and move the team forward but from what I've seen so far I've been impressed. There is still what? 6 weeks of the window left? Let's judge at the end.

^ This.

Just because we have not made a signing for 4 days panic sets in.

• Like 1

Same.

I was also starting to get annoyed at some of the stuff he came out with in press conferences and interviews.

So the fact he's being a bit quieter and making good signings is a double positive in my book!

• Like 3

I think because rightly or wrongly we feel we will be let down again by Lerner and the money wont get reinvested or enough reinvested.  I don't think the panic is time although it can seem like that, it's just about what we do.  Obviously we want people in as early as possible but if we knew we were getting X amount of players/quality before the deadline the sense of panic wouldn't be there IMO

In sure he is far too busy and taking a very hands on roll on the transfer front.

I just don't get the panic that is starting to set in.

Neither do i, where has all the "we've got no money" talk come from?

In sure he is far too busy and taking a very hands on roll on the transfer front.

Well I don't think Lerner wil invest £20m net as some do but I think the money from sales will be reinvested and hope that with it spread over a few players we can be a better team as a result.

Well I don't think Lerner wil invest £20m net as some do but I think the money from sales will be reinvested and hope that with it spread over a few players we can be a better team as a result.

Ok lets get this in perspective why people are panicking.  We have brought 4 players in.  1 I don’t really count as he was brought in Jan and the team didn’t improve, 1 was on a free (I personally feel he will be a good signing but that could go either way) and 2 who look good but are untested in premiership.  Also add to that selling our two best players by a country mile.  We are playing a must win game in 2 weeks’ time and our two game winners have gone and haven’t been replaced! 

People on here are getting their hopes up on the likes of Gill and Guzan, both who were cast out by Sherwood and the likes of OKore who looked like a div3 player at the end of the season to compensate.  Also getting carried away with 2 10mil signings as we haven’t done it in years.  There might also be a upbeat mood among fans that he is finally getting rid of the chaff, which is great,  but they have to be replaced whatever way you look at it.     

• Like 2

Your comments about net spend will have gone someway to creating that panic

If I was Sherwood I wouldn't be commenting on Delph leaving either as anything I said would not be constructive at this point ...

Ultimately Delph like Benteke is history and is rightly is concentrating on players who are still here and one's he wants to bring in.

Wrongly, obviously. The summer window is far from over.

6 weeks on Tuesday folks, 01/09/2015 @ 18.00hrs or 23.00hrs for teams that have qualified for a European Competition! 

The extra day being due to the 31/08/2015 being a bank holiday. 

Happy Sick notes  ;)

Edited by Kingman

I think people are assuming that the club can afford £15-20m to spend on players, rather than Randy putting the money in? 

This coming from the guy who tells us he wouldn't be surprised if Tim walks, lol

This coming from the guy who tells us he wouldn't be surprised if Tim walks, lol

I don't think that would be cause for panic.

I think we're finally working towards being a club that doesn't collapse when/if the manager leaves. i.e. we don't have to start again from scratch every time there's a managerial change.

Losing Sherwood at this stage would be a blow. But it wouldn't be panic inducing

(not that I think it will happen at all.)

Losing Sherwood at this stage would be a blow. But it wouldn't be panic inducing

I would respectfully disagree.  I have been impressed with Sherwood (his ambition, determination etc)  and the backroom team he’s building. That is what gives me a lot of hope. If he were to quit I, for one, would be panicking.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Â