The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I was about to ask if Tim had open but it seems he hasn't. Very strange bearing in mind we had a game yesterday!!

The club has done what it always does at times like this.

Shut up shop and refused to say anything.

It seems the club were busy affecting the things it could do like signings.

Depends if you think the communications team also make the signings I suppose.

I was on about Sherwood not the communications team. He's the bloke who manages the team so I'd assume he'd be involved with players joining!!

Nope.

To what? Wage bill being balanced or the money vanishing?

Sorry was on phone.

The nope was to the idea that Lambert had a set budget, and couldn't identify/land targets so didn't spend the money.

As far as I'm aware Lambert never, in the whole time he was here, had a set transfer budget for a window it just didn't work that way.

I don't know if that has changed now under Fox but it certainly wasn't that way previously.

I understand that but surely if a budget wasn't set he should have been showing more ambition than those kind of signings.

He did but couldn't land them and often ended up with players well down the list of his options.

But anyway... back to Sherwood...

Wages were the main issue with Lambert.  It's all well and good having £10m to spend on transfer fees but if your wage budget is £15k per week you are going to end up with the likes of KEA or Tonev.

• Like 2

Not really right place but didn't know where else to put it..

Over the last ten yrs we are still 8th in the league..surprised we haven't dropped lower after the last few yrs..

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/manchester-united-and-chelsea-very-close-in-10-year-league-table

Thanks for this. I was wondering the other day where we stand with the other ever presents of the premier league. Obviously would expect us between 5th and 7th, not sure if we would be ahead of Everton & spurs.

That article says its taken the last 10 years form

38 games a season x 10 seasons is 380 games? I don't see where they get 420 games from?

Includes 2004/2005 season, it's 11 seasons to present day.

Anyone else think we will be the dark horse of the league this year?  I can see a lot of people who don't take much notice of us thinking we're going to be awful without delph and benteke, but I think we've made good signings and will continue to do so.  I think Clark, Okore and Grealish will continue to get better and I think Gil will play a big part for us.  Sherwood and Wilkins will get the best out of the squad and I can see us surprising a lot of people with how we play and where we finish this year.

I think we need a few more pieces but I agree.

Delph in retrospect is not a massive loss and if we can bring in a couple more quality players and develop a more rounded approach then I think we will be clear of any danger next season and looking up.

I see us doing very well. Sherwood seems to be getting rid of all the players with a negative losing attitude, replacing them with great talents that are likely used to winning or at least not used to be in relegation scraps. We know that Delph wasn't all that I mean there are players, hell even Sidwell had better stats that Delph for the most part and we largely thought he was shit. So I think a lot of people on the outside will look our losses and think we are done for, when arguably the only real player we will miss in a big way is Benteke but with rumours of Adbeyor, Austin, Embolo and players of that caliber we may actually wind up better off next season. I think we'll do well the pressure will be off with everyone expecting us to fail, but I have every faith that Richards, Amavi, Gueye and whoever else we bring in on top of re-finding Gil make us stronger than we've been in a long time.. 

Anyone else think we will be the dark horse of the league this year?  I can see a lot of people who don't take much notice of us thinking we're going to be awful without delph and benteke, but I think we've made good signings and will continue to do so.  I think Clark, Okore and Grealish will continue to get better and I think Gil will play a big part for us.  Sherwood and Wilkins will get the best out of the squad and I can see us surprising a lot of people with how we play and where we finish this year.

I won't rule it out - God knows we're due an unexpectedly good season at least.

If we make a few more signings then maybe.

But as it stands, no. 

• Like 1

Â