The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Really not sold on Sherwood.  I think he summer we have had has been tough,  a couple of the signings I am happy with,  I'm not sure about him personally,  I think Wilkins appointment is wise but there is something about him.  I think if we sign Adebayor my worries about him will intensify as I just dont rate Adebayor at all and I dont want Sherwood to use Villa to score a point over Spurs.

However, I wouldnt want him to walk just yet as that would leave us with pearson

Richard I am not being funny but the only reason you wouldn’t want him to walk yet is that we would end up with Pearson. Really? This from someone who never wanted Lambert out despite him serving up the worst runs of results in the clubs history.

I fail to see a lot that Sherwood has done wrong since he has been here. He inherited a shambles nailed on for relegation under his predecessor, a side that could hardly create a chance let alone score a goal and win a game. He kept us up, got us to a cup final and at times we played some nice attacking football.

Over the summer he has got Wilkins in as his assistant which for me shows that he knows himself he lacks experience and could do with some nous alongside him. He has lost the three players that performed the best under him and arguably another of our better players in Vlaar. He so far hasn’t complained though and got one with things and for me brought some very good players into the club.

The guy faces an uphill battle as it is given the state of our squad and the fact we have an owner that perhaps still won’t commit to spending anything like what is needed. The last thing he will need is negativity towards him from the off next season from any section of the support no matter how small. I can see why some don’t like him due to the way he comes across in interviews etc but really that is not what he should be judged on.  I think we all need to show some trust in the guy until he proves he isn’t up to the job. He could turn out to be a half season wonder and flop. He could however turn out to be the real deal. I think we at least owe him, given what he has done so far, the chance to prove himself. With that in mind I won’t judge him on the players he brings in until I see what he gets out of them in a Villa shirt. That includes Adebayor. If he were to get something like the kind of form he got out of him at Spurs next season then I think we would all be happy.

Think thats actually a fair reflection of how things are for Tim. So I will give him time as its going to be yet again another tough season at no fault of Sherwoods.

I think bringing Wilkins in is a great move and should be supported

Not convinced massively on Tim either. When you here ex-pro's speaking about him they always say the same thing "great character in the dressing room, never a dull moment" etc but they never say how they thought/think he would make it big as a manager or mention his credentials in that respect. 

He's a bit of a Harry Redknapp Lite, for me anyway.

Not convinced massively on Tim either. When you here ex-pro's speaking about him they always say the same thing "great character in the dressing room, never a dull moment" etc but they never say how they thought/think he would make it big as a manager or mention his credentials in that respect. 

He's a bit of a Harry Redknapp Lite, for me anyway.

im pretty sure most players that have played with him have said he was a future manager  :lol:  Alan Shearer for one, Jamie Redknapp as well

• Like 1

A big plus point is that if we bid for a player and get it accepted I think Tim is the kind of person that could talk anyone into signing for Aston Villa. He talks a good game that's for sure, he seems like the kind of manager you would want to play for.

• Like 1

well we have had the technical genius and a manager way ahead of his time in Jo Venglos.....and that didn't work.

blimey TS has only been here 5 minutes.

Its funny how folk differ.....I like his interviews, but I liked Harry's interviews too.....I like confident characters, not mumblers, who can't look you in the eye/camera.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

In my opinion there is a plan in place and we will see the results pretty soon, It has been known we would loose Teckers, Bent and Delph since the beginning of the year and it made sense to get rid of Vlar with his injuries. This is probably what encouraged TS to take the managers job at the time he did. The club would have made plans for if a take over never happened or f it did happen as a matter of course. I think Delph was pushed out as his wages and transfer money is in the planned budget hence he was not on the tour.

Since the end of the season we have heard rumours of TS telling alot of players to find new clubs and it is no surprise that the high earners are the ones leaving.

I am quite excited by what will happen. We have all seen our poor technically and mentally our squad was and how it needed to be changed. Lets all calm down and give him a chance,

In sure he is far too busy and taking a very hands on roll on the transfer front.

I just don't get the panic that is starting to set in.

IMG_5941-e1378581142378.jpg

Urgh! Keeping the ring on while kneading a dough?

Sherwood out!

In sure he is far too busy and taking a very hands on roll on the transfer front.

I just don't get the panic that is starting to set in.

IMG_5941-e1378581142378.jpg

Urgh! Keeping the ring on while kneading a dough?

Sherwood out!

more concerned that his hands are very feminine to be honest :D  

Really not sold on Sherwood. I think he summer we have had has been tough, a couple of the signings I am happy with, I'm not sure about him personally, I think Wilkins appointment is wise but there is something about him. I think if we sign Adebayor my worries about him will intensify as I just dont rate Adebayor at all and I dont want Sherwood to use Villa to score a point over Spurs.

However, I wouldnt want him to walk just yet as that would leave us with pearson

Richard I am not being funny but the only reason you wouldn’t want him to walk yet is that we would end up with Pearson. Really? This from someone who never wanted Lambert out despite him serving up the worst runs of results in the clubs history.

I fail to see a lot that Sherwood has done wrong since he has been here. He inherited a shambles nailed on for relegation under his predecessor, a side that could hardly create a chance let alone score a goal and win a game. He kept us up, got us to a cup final and at times we played some nice attacking football.

Over the summer he has got Wilkins in as his assistant which for me shows that he knows himself he lacks experience and could do with some nous alongside him. He has lost the three players that performed the best under him and arguably another of our better players in Vlaar. He so far hasn’t complained though and got one with things and for me brought some very good players into the club.

The guy faces an uphill battle as it is given the state of our squad and the fact we have an owner that perhaps still won’t commit to spending anything like what is needed. The last thing he will need is negativity towards him from the off next season from any section of the support no matter how small. I can see why some don’t like him due to the way he comes across in interviews etc but really that is not what he should be judged on. I think we all need to show some trust in the guy until he proves he isn’t up to the job. He could turn out to be a half season wonder and flop. He could however turn out to be the real deal. I think we at least owe him, given what he has done so far, the chance to prove himself. With that in mind I won’t judge him on the players he brings in until I see what he gets out of them in a Villa shirt. That includes Adebayor. If he were to get something like the kind of form he got out of him at Spurs next season then I think we would all be happy.

Couldn't agree more. Many on here, no names need to be mentioned, could see no wrong in Lambert even after several seasons of absolute garbage and didn't want him sacked because 'we can't get anyone better'. Perhaps Sherwood deserves even a small fraction of this misplaced loyalty until evidence proves otherwise.
  • Like 2

Couldn't agree more. Many on here, no names need to be mentioned, could see no wrong in Lambert even after several seasons of absolute garbage and didn't want him sacked because 'we can't get anyone better'. Perhaps Sherwood deserves even a small fraction of this misplaced loyalty until evidence proves otherwise.

I will never shy away from the fact that this is exactly how I felt.

Maybe that's how Lambert made us feel, maybe it's a combination of having an owner that would never invest anything to give us anyone better than we had and a really pathetic squad that reflected that budget.  Combination of many things I would say.

I was even against sherwood coming, wrong man at the wrong time I was absolutely sure of it...relegation was so important to me at the time.  I'm glad to be very wrong on that account, he had a massive impact when he came here...and for the first time in a long time I was enjoying going to the villa to watch some football.

There is still a long way to go, and sherwood has a lot to prove...I mean Southampton was simply embarrassing.  But I've really enjoyed the highlights of the end of the season, and was very happy to stay in the league (for which I have sherwood to thank) and feel very happy about giving sherwood a good crack at the whip and I just hope our wankface owner stumps up the cash he needs to do what he feels he requires to succeed in the job that he wants to do.  From sherwoods attitude I see a winner, and I think he wants to win...I just hope our owner can support him in that.

• Like 1

Really not sold on Sherwood. I think he summer we have had has been tough, a couple of the signings I am happy with, I'm not sure about him personally, I think Wilkins appointment is wise but there is something about him. I think if we sign Adebayor my worries about him will intensify as I just dont rate Adebayor at all and I dont want Sherwood to use Villa to score a point over Spurs.

The guy faces an uphill battle as it is given the state of our squad and the fact we have an owner that perhaps still won’t commit to spending anything like what is needed. The last thing he will need is negativity towards him from the off next season from any section of the support no matter how small. I can see why some don’t like him due to the way he comes across in interviews etc but really that is not what he should be judged on. I think we all need to show some trust in the guy until he proves he isn’t up to the job. He could turn out to be a half season wonder and flop. He could however turn out to be the real deal. I think we at least owe him, given what he has done so far, the chance to prove himself. With that in mind I won’t judge him on the players he brings in until I see what he gets out of them in a Villa shirt. That includes Adebayor. If he were to get something like the kind of form he got out of him at Spurs next season then I think we would all be happy.

Did it get that bad that i fell asleep for a few seasons?.......wouldn't surprise me!

Maybe that's how Lambert made us feel, maybe it's a combination of having an owner that would never invest anything to give us anyone better than we had and a really pathetic squad that reflected that budget. Combination of many things I would say.

I was even against sherwood coming, wrong man at the wrong time I was absolutely sure of it...relegation was so important to me at the time. I'm glad to be very wrong on that account, he had a massive impact when he came here...and for the first time in a long time I was enjoying going to the villa to watch some football.

There is still a long way to go, and sherwood has a lot to prove...I mean Southampton was simply embarrassing. But I've really enjoyed the highlights of the end of the season, and was very happy to stay in the league (for which I have sherwood to thank) and feel very happy about giving sherwood a good crack at the whip and I just hope our wankface owner stumps up the cash he needs to do what he feels he requires to succeed in the job that he wants to do. From sherwoods attitude I see a winner, and I think he wants to win...I just hope our owner can support him in that.

I felt the same way too, except it's absolutely categorically not true as claimed in the original post that we could see no wrong in Lambert.

• Like 1

Maybe that's how Lambert made us feel, maybe it's a combination of having an owner that would never invest anything to give us anyone better than we had and a really pathetic squad that reflected that budget. Combination of many things I would say.

I was even against sherwood coming, wrong man at the wrong time I was absolutely sure of it...relegation was so important to me at the time. I'm glad to be very wrong on that account, he had a massive impact when he came here...and for the first time in a long time I was enjoying going to the villa to watch some football.

There is still a long way to go, and sherwood has a lot to prove...I mean Southampton was simply embarrassing. But I've really enjoyed the highlights of the end of the season, and was very happy to stay in the league (for which I have sherwood to thank) and feel very happy about giving sherwood a good crack at the whip and I just hope our wankface owner stumps up the cash he needs to do what he feels he requires to succeed in the job that he wants to do. From sherwoods attitude I see a winner, and I think he wants to win...I just hope our owner can support him in that.

I felt the same way too, except it's absolutely categorically not true as claimed in the original post that we could see no wrong in Lambert.

Yep, I agree with that...I never said Lambert was perfect, I just questioned what our budget would be to get someone better.  I always questioend that the kind of person who would come would have to accept lerners mission of total non-ambition.

Â