Carles Gil

bose

By the way, stop talking taylor Swift, I have a right crush on her and its putting me off the more important stuff, like errrrrrrrrr???

CED is already coming to terms with Zooey getting up the duff. Don't rival him for Taylor Swift's affections, he's grumpy enough already.

• Like 1

No idea who he is but here's hoping he can actually pass forwards and move intelligently.

Although any confidence or excitement he has before he comes here will surely be drained out of him after the next 3 league drubbings we are about to suffer.

Jeez, it was fairly tongue in cheek ya know!

Though Birmingham is a shithole, just as Stoke is although I'm not from Stoke, I'm from Newport which is probably the biggest shit tip of the lot

Noticed the County badge as your avatar; I go to more Newport games than Villa ones these days :D

Maybe Gil can change that... (on topic)

Great times at the county, I'm going to the burton away game next month

Gil

• Like 1

I wish the guy luck, lots and lots of it ....

But seriously i don't think he is enough on his own as he will effectively be our only attacking threat from midfield so not too difficult for the opposition to sus out that if they shut him down we are back to square on. Although with Delph back also you never know! 

I am a great believer that sometimes it can be the tiniest little change which makes a huge difference... Here's to hoping! 

Talk about contradicting myself in my post  :lol: ..........This is what supporting this club has done to me  :huh: 

I've watched his highlights video and I'll tell you why I'm not worried about the fact that there's no goals in it. We've already got a very good goalscorer in our team, our problem for a while has been lack of penetration. This guy can actually beat his man and isn't scared to keep going forward or offload the ball and keep moving.

Though our last few signings have started off strongly and over a few games have slowly dwindled and eventually dropped their standard to the rest of the team (think Bertrand), I guess we'll see how confident he still is after we play these next 3 hard games.

• Like 1

He's played quite a few games this season for a team that are 5th in La Liga so I think he's got to be quite good. 

Not wanting at all to be negative about the guy but this really is a bit of an exaggeration. He's started two league games for Valencia, in one of which he was substituted off. He's also come on as sub in 6 more games. In addition he has come on as sub in 3 Copa del Rey games. He's scored 1 goal. 

It's also a fact - indisputable since he is now with us - that Valencia have let him leave.

He did well with Elche and helped them get promotion to the Primera División and that is the basis of his reputation, not really what he has done with Valencia.

Edited by briny_ear

He's played quite a few games this season for a team that are 5th in La Liga so I think he's got to be quite good. 

Not wanting at all to be negative about the guy but this really is a bit of an exaggeration. He's started two league games for Valencia, in one of which he was substituted off. He's also come on as sub in 6 more games. In addition he has come on as sub in 3 Copa del Rey games. He's scored 1 goal. 

It's also a fact - indisputable since he is now with us - that Valencia have let him leave.

He did well with Elche and helped them get promotion to the Primera División and that is the basis of his reputation, not really what he has done with Valencia.

Interestingly enough if you compare his career thus far to that of Isco's they have gone along somewhat similar paths. Both played 52 times for Valencia's B squad and also had a handful of appearances for Valencia's senior squad....Isco went on to have over 60 appearances for Malaga, while Carles did the same for Elche over the past couple of seasons. While I am not saying he will be quite the player Isco is, I think it shows there is massive potential there for him and that just because he was limited at Valencia's senior level, doesn't mean there is no player in there. Here's to hoping. ;)

• Like 1

Yes but Valencia would be a top 4 team in this league they just beat the best team on earth a few weeks ago. You realize that right? 

Interestingly enough if you compare his career thus far to that of Isco's they have gone along somewhat similar paths. Both played 52 times for Valencia's B squad and also had a handful of appearances for Valencia's senior squad....Isco went on to have over 60 appearances for Malaga, while Carles did the same for Elche over the past couple of seasons. While I am not saying he will be quite the player Isco is, I think it shows there is massive potential there for him and that just because he was limited at Valencia's senior level, doesn't mean there is no player in there. Here's to hoping. ;)

They both have beards as well, so I guess that confirms it.

• Like 1

Delph will be sold now

Well it's either that or he goes for nothing in the summer.

I rarely believe the media but if the 7.5m offer from Liverpool were true then I would snap their dirty scouse hands off but after this weekend.

I've always liked Delph but that's not because I think he's a good player just that since he signed he has always had to work hard to prove himself and for me has only recently started to do so. I recall not so long back seeing him playing as a left back and looking for all the world that he was going to be released.

If he goes this window and we get some money that Lambert can use then great, if it's the summer and we have stayed up the I'm equally happy to see him walk, sorry but for me Delph is limited and should be the type of fringe player trying to get into the team which if he signs for Liverpool or Spurs he will be exactly that.

He's better than Tonev

No one is as good at shooting as Tonev -  I don't believe it.

Tonev was playing at Lech Poznan for christ sake of course he looked good on youtube blasting in goals. 

• Like 1

Â