Carles Gil

bose

You could have said the same about Vlaar, Benteke, Okore and Sánchez.

Not really, we weren't in anywhere near as bad a situation when we signed any of those four, they were all close season signings.

Also for the above mentioned players moving to Villa was a step up, moving from Valencia atm is a big step down.

I think/hope Gil has big potential, but don't think he's there yet.

Still think he alredy is a big improvement on Gabby, Andi, N'Zogbia  

Really don't want to seem like a sourpuss but seriously, if he's any good why the hell is he joining us?

It's not that I think we're so undesirable but questions have to be asked as to why there hasn't been more interest from teams in much better positions than us

He's played quite a few games this season for a team that are 5th in La Liga so I think he's got to be quite good. 

But in all seriousness we must be the least desirable club in the Premier League right now.

A declining set of disillusioned fans, an absent owner who'd sell tomorrow if it would line his pockets enough, a brand of football that is quite frankly soul destroying and a Manager who seems to have no idea whatsoever on how to get the team to create a decent goalscoring chance let alone win a game of football.

Our three 'best' players are nailed on to leave in the next 6 months, there's a bloody good chance we'll get relegated and Birmingham's a shithole.

I may have gone too far with that last comment, sorry.

I must have missed something, how does this automatically mean that Gil can't be a good player?

Because those ingredients wouldn't typically form the recipe for attracting decent players, ordinarily. I may be wrong and lord I hope I am but I'm never wrong ;)

Everton and Atletico Madrid reportedly were trying to sign him a few months back.

Well I can't imagine the latter would have had too much trouble in enticing him had they been serious and Everton seem to be happy to put their money where their mouth is when they really want to so I'd have to question that reported interest, personally.

Believe whatever makes you feel happy, it is all speculation.

• Like 1

But in all seriousness we must be the least desirable club in the Premier League right now.

A declining set of disillusioned fans, an absent owner who'd sell tomorrow if it would line his pockets enough, a brand of football that is quite frankly soul destroying and a Manager who seems to have no idea whatsoever on how to get the team to create a decent goalscoring chance let alone win a game of football.

Our three 'best' players are nailed on to leave in the next 6 months, there's a bloody good chance we'll get relegated and Birmingham's a shithole.

I must have missed something, how does this automatically mean that Gil can't be a good player?

Because those ingredients wouldn't typically form the recipe for attracting decent players, ordinarily. I may be wrong and lord I hope I am but I'm never wrong ;)

This is such bizarre logic. A player's ability isn't defined based on which club he signs for, it's defined by what he does on the pitch.

Man from stoke in criticism of Birmingham shocker  :o

• Like 1

He's going to be getting regular games with us, I'd imagine he's had a nice payrise and whilst he's shown his potential somewhat he's young and still proving himself.

So what if Everton and atletico didn't make firm offers, they couldn't offer him regular games, they(and Valencia) have good squads of established first team players. I don't think that reflects on him at all.

Why do we have to be so negative about a topic that is positive for the club?

Edited by jjaacckk91

Not really, we weren't in anywhere near as bad a situation when we signed any of those four, they were all close season signings.

Also for the above mentioned players moving to Villa was a step up, moving from Valencia atm is a big step down.

Some pundits and Spanish pundits/coaches saying he's a real talent. Even been likened to Isco! Quite exciting. 

Some pundits and Spanish pundits/coaches saying he's a real talent. Even been likened to Isco! Quite exciting. 

Yeah but he signed for Villa therefore he's shit. ;)

• Like 1

Man from stoke in criticism of Birmingham shocker  :o

The Villa own Staffordshire too! Seriously though, how can anybody write negative stuff like that and believe it!? The last comment is golden - "I may have gone too far with that last comment, sorry".  :)

Â