Carles Gil

bose

Jeez, it was fairly tongue in cheek ya know!

Though Birmingham is a shithole, just as Stoke is although I'm not from Stoke, I'm from Newport which is probably the biggest shit tip of the lot

Noticed the County badge as your avatar; I go to more Newport games than Villa ones these days :D

Maybe Gil can change that... (on topic)

Great times at the county, I'm going to the burton away game next month

Gil

Ha; I likely will be too since I'm living in Nottingham now!

Carles.  Great name.

I just hope Lambert sends him out without pressure and without shackles. Let him be the player we bought, not trying to cram him into our turgid system. Its okay to try and adventurous pass and it not to come off, its okay to go on a mazy dribble if no other options exist. What I don't want is him to be turned into Westwood or Cleverley. We shall see I guess...

haha I dreamt that Lucas completely crunched him in the first half against Liverpool. out for 6 months.

Modern football fans. Always imagining the worst. You're what's wrong with football these days! Have a bit of hope and positivity why don't you?!? (Wink smiley)
  • Like 1

haha I dreamt that Lucas completely crunched him in the first half against Liverpool. out for 6 months.

Modern football fans. Always imagining the worst. You're what's wrong with football these days! Have a bit of hope and positivity why don't you?!? (Wink smiley)
Well after having the dream I want Lambert/Lerner out because we finished 17th in my dream but I think we have the squad to finish 14th.

To me, that's just completely unacceptable that we finished 17th in my dream. The extra money for places is very important!!!!!

I think he'll struggle hugely early on. At least Sanchez had the physicality to help him out when he first arrived.

May not see the best of him till next year. Fingers crossed we're still in the league.

Looking forward to his debut regardless of all of this!

I think he'll struggle hugely early on. At least Sanchez had the physicality to help him out when he first arrived.

May not see the best of him till next year. Fingers crossed we're still in the league.

Have you seen him play?

Edit: sorry that sounded like I was being facetious. I'm not, it was a genuine question :)

Edited by Stevo985

Not sure it is a good idea to play Gil from the start at the weekend.

Far too much expectation being placed on this guy, by Lambert as well as the fans.

He may well be decent, but I suspect he will take time to settle.

For example see Sanchez, coming from the same league, took time to get to grips with this league, and he is older, more experienced, bigger and stronger than Gil.

Patience will be required.

Have you seen him play?

Edit: sorry that sounded like I was being facetious. I'm not, it was a genuine question :)

Not once.

Merely an educated guess.

He hasn't played much this season, and he's a foreign number 10 who is very small.

Plus his first three matches are against three good sides.

Be wonderful if he flies from the off.

• Like 1

We haven't had anything close to resembling something creative since Mustafa Hadji, so I'll hold judgement. It's sad that this club has gotten me to the point where I'm cynical even when I should be positive.

Here's hoping he turns out to be far more use for us than Hadji was!  I was genuinely disappinted that that didn't work out as hoped for.  Also didn't realise he was the manager of the Morocco national side.

But it's not like David Silva or Ozil or Fabregas or Mata are all powerful strong physical players...that's not what we need out of Gil. We need flair and creativity. Sanchez is providing the midfield steel, now we (hopefully) have the midfield playmaker that we haven't had in ages.

Â