Carles Gil

bose

We were all asking why Albrighton got let go last Saturday.

No we weren't. We know the answer. He is garbage.

Probably.

And yet, still better than any of our current wide midfielders.

Not hard when you don't really have any though is it.....

OK, I need to articulate  a really stupid question.

If he is so great.why did Valencia let him go?

I find it amazing people still ask this question. It's just means nothing.

Usually only asked by Villa fans.

Why was Benteke let go, why was Sanchez let go.

Michu...

These things happen sometimes.

Gil might be amazing, he might be awful.

But being let go for a small fee isn't necessarily  evidence as to how good he will or won't be.

If he was a really good player, he would already be a regular for Valencia, and they would be busting a gut to keep him.

I am not expecting a wonderful player, but only a decent one who will do well for us, and we should not be expecting too much.

If he was a really good player, he would already be a regular for Valencia, and they would be busting a gut to keep him.

I am not expecting a wonderful player, but only a decent one who will do well for us, and we should not be expecting too much.

Sorry but Valenica are way above us, he was a regular at Elche who were on par with us last year. He will be good enough for us and using the he's not good enough for Valencia is nonsense. It's like signing Martin Laursen and saying he wasn't good enough for Milan, absolute nonsense.

• Like 4

Valencia are a top 4 club in Spain. It's like saying 'if he's not good enough for Arsenal, then he's not good enough for us'

Madness.

• Like 3

Valencia are a top 4 club in Spain. It's like saying 'if he's not good enough for Arsenal, then he's not good enough for us'

Madness.

They also have one of the best academies in Spain - the fact that Valencia would've preferred him to stay shows me that he must be up there with their top prospects, as it must be difficult to break through with such an array of talent. Edited by samjp26

Sorry but Valenica are way above us, he was a regular at Elche who were on par with us last year. He will be good enough for us and using the he's not good enough for Valencia is nonsense. It's like signing Martin Laursen and saying he wasn't good enough for Milan, absolute nonsense.

Yes thats right Valencia have a great squad. Were not quite as bad as Elche though as at least we can afford to pay our players. Elche did play very well against Villa Real recently but they have been beaten 9-0 on aggregate against Barcelona in the cup. 

Edited by PaulC

Madness.

They also have one of the best academies in Spain - the fact that Valencia would've preferred him to stay shows me that he must be up there with their top prospects, as it must be difficult to break through with such an array of talent.

This young kid is being put so high up on a pedestal so early is ridiculous, hopefully he fits into our system and dose well, but he is coming from a very different footballing culture and will therefore need time to settle in, of course teams like Valencia will say we didn't want to let him go, he is a product of there youth system which they will always try to hype and also with the re-buy clause in his contract they want him to think he is loved within the club in case they just might want him back

Give him chance to adjust

If he adjust quick great

• Like 1

Madness.

They also have one of the best academies in Spain - the fact that Valencia would've preferred him to stay shows me that he must be up there with their top prospects, as it must be difficult to break through with such an array of talent.

This young kid is being put so high up on a pedestal so early is ridiculous, hopefully he fits into our system and dose well, but he is coming from a very different footballing culture and will therefore need time to settle in, of course teams like Valencia will say we didn't want to let him go, he is a product of there youth system which they will always try to hype and also with the re-buy clause in his contract they want him to think he is loved within the club in case they just might want him back

If he adjust quick great

Of course he'll need time to adjust, my point is that you can't write him off because he "isn't good enough for Valencia"

Madness.

If he adjust quick great

Of course he'll need time to adjust, my point is that you can't write him off because he "isn't good enough for Valencia"

I take your point, guys, but I am not writing him off, and if you read my post, Stefan, you will see that I am not saying he is not good enough for us.

I just think people are expecting an awful lot of him.

Â