Carles Gil

bose

We haven't had anything close to resembling something creative since Mustafa Hadji, so I'll hold judgement. It's sad that this club has gotten me to the point where I'm cynical even when I should be positive.

Here's hoping he turns out to be far more use for us than Hadji was!  I was genuinely disappinted that that didn't work out as hoped for.  Also didn't realise he was the manager of the Morocco national side.

Unfortunately, Hadji was past his prime by the time he got to Villa. He was an amazing player during his peak. I guess you can say the same thing about Merson.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts at the weekend. First team football is what he came here for and what Lambert offered him. He is hopefully the missing link between the midfield and Benteke that we have been looking for to make the change of style worthwhile, and a home game against Liverpool is a good game to show a bit of spirit and quality to try and get some excitement back amongst the fans.

We haven't had anything close to resembling something creative since Mustafa Hadji, so I'll hold judgement. It's sad that this club has gotten me to the point where I'm cynical even when I should be positive.

Here's hoping he turns out to be far more use for us than Hadji was! I was genuinely disappinted that that didn't work out as hoped for. Also didn't realise he was the manager of the Morocco national side.

Unfortunately, Hadji was past his prime by the time he got to Villa. He was an amazing player during his peak. I guess you can say the same thing about Merson.

You can't say the same thing about Merson. Merson peaked with us, he was absolutely magical. Also criminal that we let him go too early imo, even at 33/34 he still had it.

• Like 3

knowing Lambert he'll be on bench and not even get on!!

I can't wait to see how accurate your claim to "know Lambert" is.

If you're wrong I'm sure you'll be man enough to hold your hand up and say you don't know him as well as you thought you did.

How many off his signings have started the very next game? He usually likes to bed them in now I assume you know him aswell as I do so going on previous form I'd say that's a fair assumption. I hope I'm wrong I want Lambert to show some balls and stop being so cautious but I only think he's cautious after watching his football for the last few seasons.

knowing Lambert he'll be on bench and not even get on!!

I can't wait to see how accurate your claim to "know Lambert" is.

If you're wrong I'm sure you'll be man enough to hold your hand up and say you don't know him as well as you thought you did.

How many off his signings have started the very next game? He usually likes to bed them in now I assume you know him aswell as I do so going on previous form I'd say that's a fair assumption. I hope I'm wrong I want Lambert to show some balls and stop being so cautious but I only think he's cautious after watching his football for the last few seasons.

You say it like it's a bad thing. If he starts Cole in the position instead and Gil comes off the bench he'd get no complaints from me, Cole is still a good player.

Which worries me, because we still did **** all against Leicester.

• Like 1

On Sky last night in the game between Sociadad and Villa Real. The commentator mentioned our signing of Gil and said theres lots of players around the same age at Villa Real that are more talented than Gil that we could have got for the same price. They have a great scout network in Argentina, something we should be looking at. 

Villa Real made 7 changes last night against Sociadad's best team and were still the better side.  Digressing a bit but theres a market out there we could be tapping into. 

Edited by PaulC

On Sky last night in the game between Sociadad and Villa Real. The commentator mentioned our signing of Gil and said theres lots of players around the same age at Villa Real that are more talented than Gil that we could have got for the same price. They have a great scout network in Argentina, something we should be looking at. 

Villa Real made 7 changes last night against Sociadad's best team and were still the better side.  Digressing a bit but theres a market out there we could be tapping into. 

Quite a few assumptions there:-

• They would be prepared to come an play in england NOW
  • Are Villa Real prepared to sell
  • They would accept the wage on offer
  • Even if they are more Talented - are they suited to the hurly burly of the PL
  • Are they the right fit for the role PL wants...

At the end of the day weve signed a young player for between £2.5 - £3m - to be honest I m not expecting miracles

• Like 3

At the end of the day weve signed a young player for between £2.5 - £3m - to be honest I m not expecting miracles

Lambert is, did he not say he is the creative spark we have been missing? Im expecting him to solve all our problems now :D

Lambert is, did he not say he is the creative spark we have been missing? Im expecting him to solve all our problems now :D

It always makes me laugh when people criticise stuff like this.

What do you expect him to say?

"Paul, how do you feel about this signing?"

"Meh. He's an alright player. Might give us an option from the bench, I'm not expecting anything much. I'd have rather signed someone else"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Watched Levante on Tuesday night . They're near the bottom of la liga, but some of their passing and solo runs was better than much of what the premiership has to offer.

It's not hard to be better than the Scots, to be fair.

• Like 2

Watched Levante on Tuesday night . They're near the bottom of la liga, but some of their passing and solo runs was better than much of what the premiership has to offer.

It's not hard to be better than the Scots, to be fair.
You know what I mean.
  • Like 2

You probably missed out the most important part... if they are young south Americans would they get a work permit?

I would definitely start him. Sitting on the bench watching our non-football and listening to the miserable crowd will put him on an instant downer.

Being on the pitch taking part in our non-football and hearing the crowd moaning from the terraces won't be much of an improvement on that, TBH. What's the Spanish for "Pass it around in your own half, lad"?

Edited by briny_ear

I would definitely start him. Sitting on the bench watching our non-football and listening to the miserable crowd will put him on an instant downer.

Being on the pitch taking part in our non-football and hearing the crowd moaning from the terraces won't be much of an improvement on that, TBH. What's the Spanish for "Pass it around in your own half, lad"?

Jugas Como Espana

(Play like Spain)

Edited by Stevo985

Out of interest, did they mention who these players are? Villarreal wouldn't be selling any of their up and comers for anywhere near what we got Gil for as far as I know.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â