Carles Gil

bose

On Sky last night in the game between Sociadad and Villa Real. The commentator mentioned our signing of Gil and said theres lots of players around the same age at Villa Real that are more talented than Gil that we could have got for the same price. They have a great scout network in Argentina, something we should be looking at. 

Villa Real made 7 changes last night against Sociadad's best team and were still the better side.  Digressing a bit but theres a market out there we could be tapping into. 

Out of interest, did they mention who these players are? Villarreal wouldn't be selling any of their up and comers for anywhere near what we got Gil for as far as I know.

Can't remember the names, he was talking in general I think.  They are a small town club so surely we could entice one or two of their promising youngsters away

On Sky last night in the game between Sociadad and Villa Real. The commentator mentioned our signing of Gil and said theres lots of players around the same age at Villa Real that are more talented than Gil that we could have got for the same price. They have a great scout network in Argentina, something we should be looking at.

Villa Real made 7 changes last night against Sociadad's best team and were still the better side. Digressing a bit but theres a market out there we could be tapping into.

Out of interest, did they mention who these players are? Villarreal wouldn't be selling any of their up and comers for anywhere near what we got Gil for as far as I know.

Can't remember the names, he was talking in general I think. They are a small town club so surely we could entice one or two of their promising youngsters away

They'll be chasing top 4 this season.I always thought they were a big enough club in Spain.

They will indeed, but its their second season back in the top division and they have a ground capacity of 24,000. I think many clubs are looking at their top players though. Vietto is certainly one player that will moving to a bigger club sooner rather than later. 

They will indeed, but its their second season back in the top division and they have a ground capacity of 24,000. I think many clubs are looking at their top players though. Vietto is certainly one player that will moving to a bigger club sooner rather than later. 

The only one I could see really that would be similar to Gil is Moi Gomez but I can't see where they got loads of players that we could have signed for less from. Interesting either way.

The video of him training on AV youtube is utter cringe. Desperate stuff.

Not as bad as Jack Woodward trying to speak Spanish 

oh that was bad. I just think.. these new players... they say first impressions last... first thing poor Carles sees getting out of his car...

• Like 1

OK, I need to articulate  a really stupid question.

If he is so great.why did Valencia let him go?

Could be any number of reasons couldn't it?

He might not be that great.

He might be great, hasn't been given a chance yet and wants the opportunity to get it elsewhere.

He might not be as good as the players in front of him in the team (Valencia are in the top 4 in Spain are they not). Not being good enough to start at Valencia doesn't mean he's not good enough to start at Aston Villa at this time.

He might not be that great at the moment but have big potential. Maybe we've spotted that?

Valencia might know his potential but he might have a genuine desire to play in the premier league so they've cashed in.

Valencia might be utter morons and not realise what a superb player they have on their hands and are letting him go way too soon and way too cheap.

They range drastically in probability along with probably a dozen other reasons. In reality we don't really know why.

• Like 2

I think Valencia needed to raise some funds due to FFP so decided to let him go when he asked either for a new contract and a place in the first team or a chance to go to the PL to play more. Let's face it, the Spanish clubs churn out these little technically brilliant attacking midfielders like we churn out headless chickens. I reckon he will be a stand out player for us as long as he settles off the pitch.

OK, I need to articulate  a really stupid question.

If he is so great.why did Valencia let him go?

If Ronaldo was that great why did Man U let him go?

Because he wanted to go and they got £80 million in return? ;)

Â