The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Apparently an ambulance full of explosives found. Thank Mcgrath they did if true.

Nothing found.

obvioulsy we should all be thankful that nothing was there and of course that no one got hurt.

But, this is just a big a coup for the Daesh **** because they are now seriously disrupting everyday, normal activities, just with the fear factor they have created.

Yes,yes,yes, safety first, but I can't help thinking those **** have had a right result tonight.

The whole poll is vague language and loaded language. 

Even if 1% of the sample agreed that violence is justified that would be way too much. 10% is just crazily shocking.

I agree 25% sympathising is loaded language and should be disregarded.

It is worrying I agree. However, I bet of the 10% that would justify violence only 10% of those would actually ever do anything. Still too many mind but I wouldn't be surprised if most fringe extremists are around that number for any given demographic. Maybe a bit lower to be fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Where did you get that from?

Daily Mail twitter account re tweeting other tweets was one 'source'. Not the only one I'm sure, but the only one that crossed in front of me.

I kid you not.

Data can make any point you want it to. If you did the same questionnaire tomorrow you could get exactly the opposite results. You either question every one, or you take such a small sample size, RANDOMLY, and repeat the questionnaire. Regression to the mean will eventually even out the results to get a true representation of a cohort. Never trust a survey or a questionnaire related to a news article or a marketed product.

Source: I put the Anal back into Analyst

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It is worrying I agree. However, I bet of the 10% that would justify violence only 10% of those would actually ever do anything. Still too many mind but I wouldn't be surprised if most fringe extremists are around that number for any given demographic. Maybe a bit lower to be fair.

Yeah, I agree Omar, apart from saying a lot lower, rather than a bit lower. Another thought is that with looking at that comres & BBC poll, it is kind of highlighting differences. But that's not how (most) human inter actions work. It's like if you meet or are introduced to someone in a pub/cafe/work/school people don't immediately look for their differences and make a decision "no, I don't like her because she's in favour of something I'm not"  - it's the opposite that happens, people instinctively look, I think, for common ground and similarities as in "they like football too, or they don't like [whatever] either, or just yeah, I fancy another coffee and some cake too". So for all that differences can be alarming, the similarities and human nature is how the civilised world stays civilised and how people get along, despite different outlooks and views. We're all much more alike than we are different. Picking at the differences is missing the bigger picture.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Death to the market researchers! ;)

Okay, not death but something very painful - well maybe just painful enough that they stop doing bloody market research.

Every time they get it wrong I just smile knowing it wasn't one of mine ... And in the event it was I know how to remove my name from it and blame it on the guy who doesn't speak English 

40 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

This video has gone viral now, it's very French and quite heart warming (maybe more so to the likes of me who has a son about the same age as the boy in the video):

His Dad gets more Dad points than he could ever use for what he said here. 

Really sweet

wake up to more shit going on in paris. french anti terror police have raided an apartment where the mastermind of the paris attacks was with several other suspects.  one passer by dead and several police injured in what turned into a gunfight. just heard another dead who was a woman wearing a suicide belt so it seems they were expecting to be raided.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Turkey fans boo minutes silence

Turkey fans BOO during pre-match minute's silence for the victims of Paris attacks and chant 'Allahu Akbar' before Greece friendly

• Turkey fans were heard booing during the minute's silence for the victims of the Paris attacks before kick-off
  • Chants of 'Allahu Akbar' - the Islamic phrase meaning 'God is greater' - were reportedly heard in Istanbul 
  • Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu watched the game together
  • It was the first time the two teams met for eight years and the Turkish Football Federation announced a string of additional security measures - the neighbours' relationship has suffered from hostilities in the past
  • Fatih Terim's side were held to a goalless draw by Michael Skibbe's visitors at the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium
  • See our latest news coverage from Turkey and the rest of the world

By ECE TOKSABAY, REUTERS

PUBLISHED: 22:05, 17 November 2015 | UPDATED: 07:12, 18 November 2015

Chants of 'Allahu Akbar' were reportedly heard in Istanbul as some Turkey fans shamefully booed a pre-match minute's silence for the victims of the Paris attacks.

The friendly itself against Greece was largely forgettable as the action finished 0-0 at the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium.

But the game was tarnished before it even started as a video emerged suggesting some of the Turkish faithful were voicing their dissent towards tributes for the 129 victims who were killed in last Friday's atrocities in Paris. 

Scroll down for video 

Loud jeering is audible as players from both sides stood silently in the centre circle before kick-off, with reported shouts of 'Allahu Akbar' - the Islamic phrase meaning 'God is greater' - filtering through the stands.

After the match Turkey manager Fatih Terim was quoted as saying: 'Our fans should have behaved during the national anthems and during the one minute silence.

'Greece is our neighbour. Today is world neighbours day, but our fans didn't behave like neighbours in this match.'

Meanwhile, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and Greek counterpart Alexis Tsipras watched the game together, in a sign of reconciliation between the two neighbours, whose relationship has suffered from hostilities in the past.

It was the first time the two teams had met for eight years and the Turkish Football Federation had announced a string of additional security measures before the match at the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium stadium in Istanbul, which was a 17,000 sell out.

• their group. They enjoyed a 2-1 victory away to Qatar last week.

Greece's German coach Michael Skibbe led out a team in Turkey for the first time since he had spells at Galatasaray, Eskisehirspor and Karabukspor from 2008 to October this year.

Arda Turan played for Turkey in spite of the fact that he hasn't played club football since last season; Turan's summer move from Atletico Madrid to Barcelona has meant that the playmaker must twiddle his thumbs for six months until the Catalan club's transfer ban on registering players is lifted in January. 

However, the occasion was a disappointment with both teams trying out new players in a game of few chances. 

The 2004 European champions, Greece, who failed to qualify for the Euros, had just one goal attempt against Turkey's 12. 

Heartless vermin

Edited by limpid
learn to "paste without formatting" please

Â