The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats just a excuse in my opinion mate. If your human and you dont support terrorism espically when innocent people have been murdered you respect the minutes silence.

Culture has no part in it in my opinion. I like how skysports are trying to twist it to say the Turks were booing the greeks. Complete nonsense it was for the minutes silence

Being absolutely blunt, your reply is absolute tosh.

If you can't comprehend that people in different countries behave in different ways (culture) then you have a very narrow view on life and reality.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

the turks are notorious for playing up at football matches. i do kind of get the whole thing about the world not caring much for their lives lost in terrorist attacks, it seems the west only cares when its the west getting hit.

So are the English.

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

just dont believe every radical immigrant has been sent here by isis, so that means they want to escape to a better life BUT start preaching their twisted shit once safe. if thats the case then why not stay with the radicals?

I think it's a poor comment because all the language and rhetoric you use makes it sound like that's a tidal wave of hate speech terrorists in waiting coming to out shores, thousands upon thousands waiting to evolve once they get their first lungful of British air and is a massive problem stating us in the face. When in actuality it's almost certainly such a minuscule amount of people as to really be nothing to overly worry about. Yes ideally it'd be none but unfortunately there's words removed in every creed.

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So are the English.

definitely, so are many countries but was just pointing out its not the most friendly place to go and watch football. my missus best mate was married to a turk and he was a proper horrible clearing in the woods, anyway he was anti west but his family who lived in the mountains in turkey were apparantly the total opposite and could not do enough for you. she has a daughter with this turk and shes absolutely adorable. funnily enough the woman in question was at ours friday night when the attacks were happening and it was interesting having her view on things as she was married to a muslim and spent time in turkey. she has mainly a positive view on islam.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

14 minutes ago, andyh said:

If you can't comprehend that people in different countries behave in different ways (culture) then you have a very narrow view on life and reality.

Where on earth have you pulled this from? Demi has said, and rightly so IMO, that 'culture' isn't an excuse for booing a minutes silence in respect to the innocent people slaughtered. It's nothing to do with not being able to not being able to comprehend that people have different cultures.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think it's a poor comment because all the language and rhetoric you use makes it sound like that's a tidal wave of hate speech terrorists in waiting coming to out shores, thousands upon thousands waiting to evolve once they get their first lungful of British air and is a massive problem stating us in the face. When in actuality it's almost certainly such a minuscule amount of people as to really be nothing to overly worry about. Yes ideally it'd be none but unfortunately there's words removed in every creed.

did not mean it to come across that way, but ones enough let alone 10,20 or 2000 whatever the number is. 

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

its just so easy for them at the minute. cant stand ones that genuinely want to get away from the terror but once they are here they all of a sudden have memory loss and start hating everything about western culture and democracy.

41 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Edited by foreveryoung
Quoting issues

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said: the turks are notorious for playing up at football matches. i do kind of get the whole thing about the world not caring much for their lives lost in terrorist attacks, it seems the west only cares when its the west getting hit.

So are the English.

Tbf I think England's reputation proceeds them a bit due to actions mainly in the 70's and 80's which give an inaccurate view.

I'd be far more worried about football fans in Eastern Europe and South America.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, andyh said:

Wow! Its so true, but something people are scared to talk about in case they get shot down.

So answer me this. How can we intergrate, random refugees into our society when they come from war torn countries, an with a completely different culture to ours.

Its not as though after funding them for a year, they are all gonna walk into a job is it. We will, an do have major issues with other cultures, not wanting to intergrate with British society.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

https://www.rt.com/news/322488-nigeria-market-blast-yola/

R.I.P to the victims, Boko Haram have probably killed just as many as ISIS in Africa.

Minutes silence and complete media coverage? I doubt it.

just read boko haram have now overtaken isis as the worlds deadliest terrorist organisation. 

26 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

https://www.rt.com/news/322488-nigeria-market-blast-yola/

R.I.P to the victims, Boko Haram have probably killed just as many as ISIS in Africa.

Minutes silence and complete media coverage? I doubt it.

Media in 'relating and milking news story its audience will have a greater relationship with' shocker.

Unfortunately, one of our closest neighbours, a country we're not far removed from culturally, which many Brits will know intimately, in a city that is considered amongst the greatest on the planet, had a terrible incident happen in an ongoing sensational scenario. Our media is obviously all over it. Of course it'll overshadow an event in a place we feel more removed from, on a continent where every day has a new tragedy, replaying a story we've heard variants on many times in recent years. The Boko Haram incident is a mid tier, 'also today' story on a normal day, maybe headline news on a really slow day if there's considerable threat to British lives, and is otherwise an addendum to a story in 2 months when the next thing happens. In light of Paris, in light of the lack of a globalised 'we feeling', it's no shock there's no big deal.

Saying this just seems to try to denigrate the horror of Paris by chastising people for caring about a stab to the heart when they've taken a flesh wound to their foot.

I'd also feel a little uneasy at the seeming suggestion, to use a metaphor, that you can't cry at your cousins funeral because you don't care so much about brother in laws second cousin's funeral.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

did not mean it to come across that way, but ones enough let alone 10,20 or 2000 whatever the number is. 

That is how it comes across, especially when you start to take into account the other comments. It's easy to build up a picture of a wider perspective of someone's viewpoint, which may be ultimately wrong.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That is how it comes across, especially when you start to take into account the other comments. It's easy to build up a picture of a wider perspective of someone's viewpoint, which may be ultimately wrong.

thats fair enough dude and can see where your coming from but i honestly weren't talking about any specific number when i posted that comment.

Â