The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

A teacher at a Jewish school in the southern French city of Marseille has been stabbed by three people who shouted anti-Semitic insults at him.

One of them was wearing an Islamic State (IS) T-shirt, Marseilles prosecutor Brice Robin told Reuters.

Police said the teacher's life was not in danger. A hunt is under way for the attackers.

It comes as France is in a state of emergency after attacks in Paris on Friday killed 129 people.

IS has said it was behind the Paris attacks.

Police said the attack on the teacher, who is Jewish, happened at about 20:00 local time (19:00 GMT).

Mr Robin said three people on two scooters had approached the history teacher in a street and then "insulted, threatened and stabbed their victim in the arm and leg".

"They were interrupted by the arrival of a car and fled," he said.

One of the men showed a picture on his mobile telephone of the Islamist militant Mohamed Merah, Mr Robin added.

Merah killed seven people in attacks in south-western France in 2012, before being shot dead by police. His victims included three children and a teacher at a Jewish school.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34864509

41 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'd imagine it's very much part of the recruitment considerations. "Who do we know who has a dodgy past and therefore knows will struggle to find acceptance in mainstream Muslim life? It'd be even better if they didn't really understand the scriptures so we can manipulate them effectively. Oh and I bet the thought of guns and explosives will be a big attraction to them, although I'm sure the virgins in heaven will interest them too".

Indeed there is a bit of a pattern there. For example, the 9/11 hijackers were partying, drinking and going to strip clubs in the weeks leading up to the event. I've always said that the best way for Muslims to fight this evil within is to teach and learn proper Islam. Not the political version, not the Quilliam foundation reformed version but the proper version. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Indeed. It seems a common theme with Western Jihadists, they drink, drugs, crime, prison and then they find a different path, or are found and taken down one. One that gives them self respect, self worth, respect of their peers, a purpose, belonging all the things they've probably lacked all their life and we sadly know where it leads.

a lot of these jihadists, well the home grown ones seem to be not very islamic at all and as you pointed out live their lives the complete opposite to islam. they are easily recruited and because of their past they feel the need to make amends. they are mainly disowned by their governments and native country and are taken under the wing of these radical groups and made to feel important.

• Like 1

Massive feelings of anti refugee in the US at the minute after the paris attacks according to reports

The republicans are up in arms and stirring up trouble you have people like Jeb Bush saying the US should lead a war to eradicate ISIS from the face of the earth and that only christian syrian refugees should be granted asylum and Trump saying that all syrian refugee's should be banned from entering the US

http://news.sky.com/story/1590091/paris-attacks-fuel-us-anti-refugee-backlash

Edited by AshVilla

18 hours ago, YGabbana said:

https://www.rt.com/news/322488-nigeria-market-blast-yola/

R.I.P to the victims, Boko Haram have probably killed just as many as ISIS in Africa.

Minutes silence and complete media coverage? I doubt it.

Why should there be?

If something is happening on my continent, iam being more affected by that then if something is happening on another continent.

Iam sure the people in africa and the middle east dont care as much about what happened in paris as we do.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Part of me feels that the names of those terrorists who have been killed shouldn't be released. No one (well the general public) should know who they are, because the thing these terrorists will want most next to killing people, is the world knowing it was them who did it. Shouldn't give them that satisfaction. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about that tbh PieFacE.  I would agree with that in regards to things like American high-school shootings where notoriety is clearly one of the motivating factors.   But with this lot I don't think that's as much to do with it.  I think in these cases, releasing their names is actually bringing shame on them and on their families.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that would be my assumption.

Â