The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

Ive been in turkey once and i will never set my foot in that country again, ive never come across such uncivilised people in my entire life.

Iam also reading a book atm about a girl who has been the victim of human trafficking, she said it was evry girls nightmare to be sold to turkey, cause they treated them worse then animals.

2 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Ive been in turkey once and i will never set my foot in that country again, ive never come across such uncivilised people in my entire life.

Iam also reading a book atm about a girl who has been the victim of human trafficking, she said it was evry girls nightmare to be sold to turkey, cause they treated them worse then animals.

Not wanting to downplay anything that happened to the person, but how does she know? Or is she just repeating what she's heard anecdotally without evidence  (like you are).

Just now, limpid said:

Not wanting to downplay anything that happened to the person, but how does she know? Or is she just repeating what she's heard anecdotally without evidence  (like you are).

Without evidence??

Yeah that was what she heard from other girls who had been trafficked all over europe and they all said that turkey was by far the worst place.

Or do you think the girls she spoke with all made it up cause they are evil racists with a agenda?

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

Without evidence??

Yeah that was what she heard from other girls who had been trafficked all over europe and they all said that turkey was by far the worst place.

Or do you think the girls she spoke with all made it up cause they are evil racists with a agenda?

I think you don't understand "anecdotally" or "evidence".

17 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

IMO Turkey is one of the best countries to visit ... so much culture and history   ... I wouldn't let the actions of a few stop me going there , but my experience with the locals was mainly positive ( I did get angry at a group of locals being disrespectful and hurling abuse at us as we visited the Anzac graves in Gallipoli  , but that would be my only negative experience of the whole country )

Human Trafficking isn't  exclusively a Turkish thing ..or even exclusively a Muslim thing  ... you'd think it was though the way people seem to bring it up to suit an agenda

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

IMO Turkey is one of the best countries to visit ... so much culture and history   ... I wouldn't let the actions of a few stop me going there , but my experience with the locals was mainly positive ( I did get angry at a group of locals being disrespectful and hurling abuse at us as we visited the Anzac graves in Gallipoli  , but that would be my only negative experience of the whole country )

Human Trafficking isn't  exclusively a Turkish thing ..or even exclusively a Muslim thing  ... you'd think it was though the way people seem to bring it up to suit an agenda

What is my agenda then?

Seems the French authorities have taken down a second cell in Saint Denis, two dead (1 shot, 1 blew a suicide vest) but they took another 7 of them alive. 5 police wounded.

Who knows whether the intelligence came from the 300 anti terror raids that took place after the Paris attacks, but if they knew this cell was out there it might explain the extension of the state of emergency.

Either way I doubt this will be the last raid over the coming weeks.

Bon chance. 

On Turkey - not sure if true or not but a possible explanation:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/an-explanation-for-why-turkey-fans-appeared-to-boo-minutes-silence-for-paris-attack-victims/

We have been inundated with feedback, both on the comments on the post itself, on Facebook and on Twitter.

In addition, we have also been presented with an explanation for the noises heard during the minute’s silence by Mustafa Özsarı – a Masters student at Anadolu University:

101GG Note: Everything below this point are the thoughts of Mustafa Özsarı – certainly, his views on the Kurdish-Turkish conflict will be questioned by many.

Let it be clear: In Turkey (especially at football matches) a one minute silence is always used to chant for those who died in terrorist attacks.

And what they are chanting is this “Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez”. Translation: “Martyrs, they do not die (they are immortal), homeland (land, our land) is indivisible.”

That is a habit from our past with the terrorist organisation PKK. More than 30,000 of our citizens died over the past 30 years by the PKK (including babies, women, children, teachers, officers, doctors, students and soldiers).

In any event, after PKK terrorists kill someone in Turkey, people chant this. Below is a proof from one Turkish Premier League match:

Same slogan “Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez”.

And also, they booed the terrorist, not the victims. Any victims of terrorism are accepted as martyrs in Turkish culture. There is no disrespect to them, there has not been, there will not be.

I demand a correction for your news, as soon as possible and an information mail related to topic.

Because this news creates hate around the world against my people, and for the wrong reasons.

That artilcle in relation to the Turkey fans 'booing'  is really interesting.

And it serves to remind people that what happens in other cultures MAY 'mean' exactly the same as in our culture, its just expressed differently.

Its not always bad, disrespectful, we just don't understand.

Then again, ignorant conclusion jumping is what a lot of us do best !!

• Like 2

It's also pretty sly in its translation of Allahu Akbar as "God is greater" to make it seem like they are downplaying the tragedy when it's actually "God is the greatest" and is almost invariably used in a positive context. But to most Westerners it only symbolizes terror. 

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Agree, I like Turkey and in particular Antalya and Side. Side is a wonderful place, will probably go back to Turkey next year maybe Kusadasi. I have never had any problems in Turkey and found the people perfectly fine

4 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Having said that, i have a turkish friend here in sweden, he has lived here for a very long time and is one of the kindest and nicest guys you will ever meet, and i have alot of respect for him.

I told him about me never wanted to visit his home country again, for the things that happened to me and others there.

And he said it must have been kurds that i came across...

25 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Having said that, i have a turkish friend here in sweden, he has lived here for a very long time and is one of the kindest and nicest guys you will ever meet, and i have alot of respect for him.

I told him about me never wanted to visit his home country again, for the things that happened to me and others there.

And he said it must have been kurds that i came across...

Is everyone in Sweden on drugs or something ?

• Like 2

Â