The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Guardian online, someone saying he was held hostage by isis and they fear our unity more than our airstrikes.

Thats why the Putin-Obama photo must have them soiling their robes.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

And whoever the next US prez is, they'll be more of a war hawk than Obama, even though he's a war criminal.

You don't think Bernie stands much of a chance, then? :)

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I remember! Weren't you the guy that said he isn't allowed to wear a skullcap in treorchy because of the threat of muslim attack? 

That'll be Treorchy with a population of 7,000 where the muslims control the streets. Is this the same somewhere you aren't allowed to say Happy Christmas?

I don't find that entirely credible.

As that's the only bit of your end of days doom laden stuff I can personally assess, I'll have to treat much of the rest of it with the same amount of credibility. Yes, there are dangerous places, yes there is crime. It's a serious enough situation not to have to go full fantasy drama queen. There are plenty of strong points that can be made about security or liberties. But I do not recognise the end of western civilisation as you describe it. 

To clarify this i may live in Treorchy, but the nearest Synagogue is in Cardiff and there has been anti-Semitism in Cardiff from Muslims.  I also travel to see my folks in Telford and Birmingham, which is just the same.  Treorchy as yet does not have a mosque and long may it stay that way.

6 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

To clarify this i may live in Treorchy, but the nearest Synagogue is in Cardiff and there has been anti-Semitism in Cardiff from Muslims.  I also travel to see my folks in Telford and Birmingham, which is just the same.  Treorchy as yet does not have a mosque and long may it stay that way.

I work in Cardiff a couple of days a week and live just up the road, where's this area that's too dangerous to be jewish? You're not going to claim Cyncoed is super scary are you? Or Howard Gardens? I must walk around with my eyes closed.

As for going to synagogue in Cardiff but hoping there is never a mosque for muslims in Treorchy, well, I'm struggling to come up with a constructive response. There's a whole mindset there that I struggle with.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

I appreciate your point about the end of western civilisation.  Be interesting to discuss this again in five years time. 

If western civilisation is diminished one iota in 5 years time, I'll stick a bunch of flowers in my arse and do a naked jog up Queen Street.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I work in Cardiff a couple of days a week and live just up the road, where's this area that's too dangerous to be jewish? You're not going to claim Cyncoed is super scary are you? Or Howard Gardens? I must walk around with my eyes closed.

As for going to synagogue in Cardiff but hoping there is never a mosque for muslims in Treorchy, well, I'm struggling to come up with a constructive response. There's a whole mindset there that I struggle with.

Plenty of Anti-Semitism in the Valleys. No need to come to Cardiff for it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there's a history of anti-semitism alright. A history of it, anti jewish riots across all the major valleys towns, a catalogue of incidents. From Merthyr, Tredegar, Aberdare. Famous riots before the First World War, violence in the 1960's. None of it, incidentally, by muslims.

What I don't recognise, is a Treorchy with aggressive islam driving the jewish community away. But apparently that's happening in Cardiff? Again, I don't doubt there are problems. I see the fascist stickers on lamp posts as I walk in to town. I see the EDL stickers up Albany Road. I know people in the EDL. But again, they aren't muslims. 

I don't doubt for a second that in a major city of more than a quarter of a million people there are muslims with vile views. I don't recognise a town with no go zones, sorry.

yeah, I wasn't getting you wrong, just still getting to grips with the quoting system. yours was just the last comment in the line. Id have added a smiley face but considering it was anti semitism it somehow didnt seem apt. either way, however tongue in cheek I meant it to be, my statement was definitely one of fact.
Having said that I feel I should quote this just in case so it cant go away ;)

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

If western civilisation is diminished one iota in 5 years time, I'll stick a bunch of flowers in my arse and do a naked jog up Queen Street.  

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Blue ribbon to anyone who can guess at least 3 of them without looking it up

Look at me being all smug, turns out 24 states are banning refugees from Syria, including my home state

Â