The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

They got what they wanted - martyrdom

Does such a thing really exist? Are there other terrorists sat at home now thinking way to go with the dying? Martyrdom is such an abstract concept.

They didn't get away with anything, they are dead. They've ceased as human beings, never to think or feel, never to see, smell or touch, love or hate again. They may think they've "gotten away with it" but we know better don't we?

No such a thing doesn't exist as there is no afterlife. However if you program children into ANY faith then you teach them that cognitive dissonance is normal. Once you've achieved that level of abuse some of them become easy to program to other ends.

Teach children how to think, not what to think. There is a reason religions are so desperate to get access to our children (and for people to have as many children as possible).

I used to drive home every day past a "Christian pre-school playgroup". Never failed to upset and anger me.

I'm sure there's as much intelligence as to the motives and reasoning from other sources as there would have been from taking them alive. We don't seem to have gleaned much from the rigby murderers or the Boston bombers.

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 1

I'd have preferred them alive, I like to see the rule of law followed through, the victory of a society bound by rules and all that - that said, these folks were clearly very happy to open fire on anyone in their way and had enough training to be a threat, they also had nothing to lose - if I'm a French police officer in that situation, getting home to see my family at the end of the day is going to take priority over those principles and I don't think we can blame them for that.

It's frightening how small a thing can stop the world, this is three angry human beings, and they've got half the planet nervous and angry. I don't think you can ever prevent angry individuals becoming a danger and I've a horrible feeling that there's a precedent being set for the ways in which displaced, powerless people will demonstrate their anger in the future - I think we'll see more of this, and not just from Islamic groups, but from all sorts of people with grudges of one sort or another. You don't have to be a member of a terrorist group to carry out an attack nowadays, you just have to be a sick angry arsehole with the will to inflict suffering on others for whatever shite you happen to believe in.

• Like 1

These guys had plenty of non-ideological 'previous' - drugs, aggravated assault, etc. Also, unstable childhoods (the brothers grew up in a care home) and it all adds up to sociopath types finding a 'home' in Al Quaeda and the chance to get their fifteen minutes of fame going out in a blaze of glory. The classic "top of the world, ma!" syndrome.

I'm quite sure that every terrorist group in the world actively seeks out these damaged, low self-esteem, grudge against the world types as ideal recruitment material.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

Things are going to get rough in France.

at somepoint the whole of europe is going to get rough, this problem will worsen in europe and people will not stand for much more of this. its time things changed because there are parts of countries in europe that are being eaten by this cancer and until the problem is dealt with it will spread like cancer does. its getting beyond a joke now.

• Like 1

at somepoint the whole of europe is going to get rough, this problem will worsen in europe and people will not stand for much more of this. its time things changed because there are parts of countries in europe that are being eaten by this cancer and until the problem is dealt with it will spread like cancer does. its getting beyond a joke now.
So how do you think people in Palestine and Syria feel?

Because by comparison, this is a spit in a bucket.

Edited by mjmooney

Anonymous have released a video threatening ISIS and Al Qaeda. Would be cool if they could cripple their online output that they rely on so much http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11335676/Hacktivists-Anonymous-says-it-will-avenge-Charlie-Hebdo-attacks-by-shutting-down-jihadist-websites.html

Edited by Wainy316

So how do you think people in Palestine and Syria feel?

Because by comparison, this is a spit in a bucket.

mooney i sympaphise with that situation, its wrong whats going on out there. our countries have helped create this problem even though if we had not i would still say we would be having this situation but why should the people of europe have to put up with this even though our countries have added fuel to the fire.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â