The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

The world is becoming a smaller place but you'd be amazed at the comments that I get aimed at me when I tell people where I'm about to visit or where I've been .... There genuinely is a lot of ignorance about the world in general , not just Islam

Stop talking to American's then :)

Back to the Police for a moment, I actually think it is a little off how quickly they identified the suspects. I also think the behaviour of the brothers was a little odd after the fact.

They were known wanted men. I don't think it would have been too difficult.
Bin Laden says Hi

The point I was raising seems to be covered on the BBC news just now ... Seems they were being monitored and were known to be a possible threat ... But nothing was done ... Wasn't that the same with the Rigby killers here and the 2005 London bombings?

I'm not suggesting we go all De Menzies and shoot anyone with dark skin but maybe they need to look at taking a few of these characters out the picture

Edited by tonyh29

Just saw a picture of Dieudonne and Anelka and the tag line

The French believe in the freedom to insult. Quenelle to that.

Thoughts?

Before anyone says anti semtism. Dieudonne specially said it was an anti zionist stand.

Do people actually believe these false flag theories?

Yes, mostly influenced by a loud white American who makes a living from pandering to conspiracy addicts.

Ah yes I know him. He just needs to get a really good cough out.

why should the people of europe have to put up with this even though our countries have added fuel to the fire.

You answer your own question.

Though you might have said that we scoured the surrounding countryside for wood, built the fire, found tinder, set fire to it, and fanned the flames, over the course of decades or centuries.

I suppose globalisation has implications for the old motto "don't shit on your own doorstep". Shitting on other people's doorsteps is no longer risk-free. They have a reach that they never had before.

You would think that if they wanted to slip away they would have had plenty of opportunity to do so.

Ended probably as they wanted it to.

I thought they were found rather quickly all in all ... Almost as if they were already known to the authorities ... Which they probably were

How long before we enter minority report style policing whereby we round them up before they comment a terrorist act ?

Well predicted Tony. The bodies aren't even cold, before security chiefs are calling for more powers. They knew the people, their dispositions, their travels, their contacts, their conversations, their capabilities. Yet they want new powers over the rest of us, supposedly to counter a threat which they fully understood, and were fully resourced to deal with.

Hmmmm. Something funny about that.

what about they dropped an ID!how convenient!1 

FALSE FLAG!

Its actually incredibly unlikely. The accounts of their calmness, their politeness towards people they weren't intending to kill, their ability to keep 90,000 police and armed forces on the go for a day or more, don't suggest unpractised idiots. Yet they are supposed to have brought id cards (why?) and left them behind (like you do).

Reminds me of the story of Mohammed Atta's passport being "thrown clear" of an explosion of thousands of gallons of aero fuel.

During the Napoleonic wars some British newspapers and cartoonists would draw the French as clawed monkey like creatures as an insult.

Don't know if you've seen them, but some of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons are on a similar level, but directed at Muslims.

Could you post any links to the racist ones?

During the Napoleonic wars some British newspapers and cartoonists would draw the French as clawed monkey like creatures as an insult.

Don't know if you've seen them, but some of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons are on a similar level, but directed at Muslims.

http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2015/01/in-the-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-free-speech-does-not-mean-freedom-from-criticism/

This article discusses some of them

(I can't seem to be able to reprint the whole thing on here, perhaps it's my mobile)   

Do people actually believe these false flag theories?

Yes, mostly influenced by a loud white American who makes a living from pandering to conspiracy addicts.

Why is the fact that he's white relevant? Just seems like a weird label to use in this context.

I presume you're referring to that nutjob Alex Jones though? I genuinely think he's got some sort of mental illness. Either that or he's a good actor.

http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2015/01/in-the-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-free-speech-does-not-mean-freedom-from-criticism/

(I can't seem to be able to reprint the whole thing on here, perhaps it's my mobile)   

"Changing your twitter avatar to a drawing of the Prophet Muhammad is a racist thing to do" (from that link).

What utter bollocks.

"Changing your twitter avatar to a drawing of the Prophet Muhammad is a racist thing to do" (from that link).

What utter bollocks.

Yes, I would agree that it is not a 'racist thing to do' specifically but I am not sure why you would want do it. The only people who are going to see it are your own social circle so why would you want to do something that offends the Muslim friends on your facebook list? 

If you weren't going to go around posting pictures that offend people before this incident why would you decide you want to do it now? The only people who will see it are regular punters, not extremist terrorists, so why have you really done it? Just to stir shit with the regular Muslims in your social circle? 

I think there is a case that a number of people want to vent their anger at what these terrorists have done by making sure regular Muslims in the community can feel their wrath. 

I'm a religious person (well, to an extent, I'm far from being a Bible basher) and I honestly couldn't care less what a bunch of cartoonists said about my religion. They're free to mock it however they like just as I'm free to mock them for whatever reason. Nothing however justifies murder. What the gunmen did is absolutely inexcusable.

Edited by Mantis

You could put any number of pictures up of Mohammed depicted in Islamic works of art from across the centuries and they wouldn't be racist, but interesting in respect of their value as art history.

Would they offend the average Sunni Muslim? Probably if they were aware of what they were looking at. Much about religion is contradictory though, in the desire of a few men to stem the tide of icon worship by banning images, least in the main amongst Sunni's, they've gone and created what they sought to avoid, albeit a faceless icon.

Â