The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

I bring Wahhabism into it because you quoted somebody talking about radicalised Islam and he gave his specific cause for it. I disagreed with the quote in general and made a specific point where I explain what I see has the root of one type of radical Islam. I think there is always room for talking about the Magic Kingdom when it comes to Islamic based terrorism.

I am reacting to material you posted, so why you’re attempting to suggest I have wandered of topic is beyond me. It seems a contradiction to me, that you are criticising me for going off topic somehow, yet you’re defence seems to be an endless stream of non sequitur. Like the whole raicsm/Islam debate you're attempting to have. It seems an unecessary matter to bring up in a discussion absent from any of the boorish comments alluded to by CED.

By all means start a topic on white supremacists in the US or Hitler - but maybe you should heed your own advice?

Oh the irony. Muslims (quite correctly) emphasising that normal peace-loving Muslims are unfairly being punished for the actions of terrorists who are nothing to do with them.

And now we have normal, peace loving French Jews apparently being punished for Israeli state oppression that is nothing to do with them.

Its a man and a women involved in the Kosher shop hostage taking. I say women, but she looks very young.

Some reports that two have been killed prior to that hostage taking, but reports are scratchy at best.

I bring Wahhabism into it because you quoted somebody talking about radicalised Islam and he gave his specific cause for it. I disagreed with the quote in general and made a specific point where I explain what I see has the root of one type of radical Islam. I think there is always room for talking about the Magic Kingdom when it comes to Islamic based terrorism.

I am reacting to material you posted, so why you’re attempting to suggest I have wandered of topic is beyond me. It seems a contradiction to me, that you are criticising me for going off topic somehow, yet you’re defence seems to be an endless stream of non sequitur. Like the whole raicsm/Islam debate you're attempting to have. It seems an unecessary matter to bring up in a discussion absent from any of the boorish comments alluded to by CED.

By all means start a topic on white supremacists in the US or Hitler - but maybe you should heed your own advice?

So you know for a fact that the Paris shooters are funded by a dead man annoyed by a dead empire? That must be Magic. By the way, I have not posted anything about radicalizes Islam. I just posted a quote by someone with a different view on racism than some people on here. I disagree with the fact that Islamophobia is not racism. And it is very much connected to the shooting, as the motive by the shooters is very much connected to the cartoons. Some consider them blasphemic, other consider them racist/Islamophobic.

Haven't been following this at all today, is there 2 seperate hostage situations ongoing in France at the moment? The guys suspected of the shootings at the paper office and 'another' shooting incident at a shop?

Haven't been following this at all today, is there 2 seperate hostage situations ongoing in France at the moment? The guys suspected of the shootings at the paper office and 'another' shooting incident at a shop?

One of the suspects in the other shooting is apparently connected to the two who carried out the Charlie Hebdo shootings, and is suspected of having killed the policewoman yesterday.

So you know for a fact that the Paris shooters are funded by a dead man annoyed by a dead empire? That must be Magic. By the way, I have not posted anything about radicalizes Islam. I just posted a quote by someone with a different view on racism than some people on here. I disagree with the fact that Islamophobia is not racism. And it is very much connected to the shooting, as the motive by the shooters is very much connected to the cartoons. Some consider them blasphemic, other consider them racist/Islamophobic.

I don’t want to repeat myself for a third time and will assume you’re being disingenuous instead.

If the killers are taken alive, we may learn more about their motives at a subsequent trial, but I think given how specific their targeting was in general, that their issue was with the magazine having previously printed cartoons of Mohammed and being generally laissez fare in their criticisms of Islam or terrorists carrying out atrocities in Africa etc, their issue is clear.

I don’t think the magazine’s mockery of Islam is race related. They're mocking the religion specifically first and therefore an idea, which may offend the adherents, who may be of any particular race.

I think race can come into it, but only in narrow circumstances such as CED suggested, which to take further by giving an example, would be BNP types who simply don’t like the colour of a persons’ skin and lump in their feelings about Muslims, when they may well be taking exception to a Hindu as far as their ignorant minds are concerned. I think that sort of thing is pretty easy to spot.

Edited by Ads

One of the suspects in the other shooting is apparently connected to the two who carried out the Charlie Hebdo shootings, and is suspected of having killed the policewoman yesterday.

Oh my, what a messy situation.

Hopefully be brought under control soon...

The innder ringroad has been closed so you cannot get in or out of the centre of Paris. 2 runways at CDG now closed too.

Seems that the male suspect in the Kosher shop hostage situation is potentially the same man who shot dead a female police officer.

I don’t want to repeat myself for a third time and will assume you’re being disingenuous instead.

If the killers are taken alive, we may learn more about their motives at a subsequent trial, but I think given how specific their targeting was in general, that their issue was with the magazine having previously printed cartoons of Mohammed and being generally laissez fare in their criticisms of Islam or terrorists carrying out atrocities in Africa etc, their issue is clear.

I don’t think the magazine’s mockery of Islam is race related. They're mocking the religion specifically first and therefore an idea, which may offend the adherents, who may be of any particular race.

I think race can come into it, but only in narrow circumstances such as CED suggested, which to take further by giving an example, would be BNP types who simply don’t like the colour of a persons’ skin and lump in their feelings about Muslims, when they may well be taking exception to a Hindu as far as their ignorant minds are concerned. I think that sort of thing is pretty easy to spot.

Look who's rude now. But for the third time asking, you actually responded something about the events and not about a dead figure in a country far far away.

Edited by momo

Look who's rude now. But for the third time asking, you actually responded something about the events and not about a dead figure in a country far far away.

The discussion has ranged over a number of points, as threads always will. I am not sure what your issue with that is, but there we are.

Criticism of Islam is one thing, but I think what he's alluding to is some of the xenophobic discourse involving Muslims that arises from it at times like these. Yes Muslims might not be a racial group, but does it make it any different? Arguing technicalities like "they're not a race" is just I dunno, pointless?

The discussion has ranged over a number of points, as threads always will. I am not sure what your issue with that is, but there we are.

My issue is that I don't want to be drawn into a discussion about individualistic religious experience that stigmatize a whole lot of people. You can have that with someone else.

Â